Call of Duty 2

[SUGGESTION] Change of RULES

Thread started by moOdy_saiyan on Saturday, 3:12pm December 2nd with 14 replies. Views: 1,781

moOdy_saiyan
Level: BRONZE

In the recent events it came to my mind that a few things need to be fixed (call them updated) to make CoD2 better - in which terms it will also give less jobs to admins.

/ Let's talk about RULES /

as we know, most of teams on CG are here based o mixers, and therefore the players are here only to play a game. It all ends up wanting them to play a quick match against other opponent. Now the problem with the matches are causing some issues that CAN and HAVE to be changed. Now to my mind came only these two, but IF ANYBODY has another troubles to get solved - spread the word.

Let's rock 'n' roll...

1. CGAC - The problem here is this little antivirus program that at some point is having a certain issues to a minor number of people. Don't wanna talk what's causing them, but let's talk about the PROBLEM here. One team send a match challenge to another which they accept and they end up on a server getting ready to play. As everybody wants be RUPPED fast - one player isn't connected to CGAC. Even tho the one opponent telled the other to get all the player connected to CGAC one player still ISN'T online! Everyone rups and the match starts. 3 rounds passed by, and the player still isn't on CGAC. As the match progresses and the team with a CGAC off player getting their hand on the win the other starts to whine. Match ends and the whining team opens the DISPUTE claiming it's a 1-0 win for them cuz the opponent played with 1 player not being connected to CGAC.

SOLUTION: Even tho some teams agree to give opportunity to opponent for playing with one player CGAC off - still it should be STATED - If BOTH teams rup and the match starts the TEAM with a player CGAC off has 3 round for him to join. What after that - not yet connected - If he doesn't connects THAT team get's an instant 1-0 loss. Now, the second solution can be - if both teams rupped and the match starts even with one player CGAC off it means that BOTH teams agreed to play that match till the end - they cannot claim 1-0 win after that.

2. MATCH CANCEL - what does actually MATCH CANCEL mean, and how can one get's it? What is happening? After match is ready to play the thing that happens here is - one team puts LAN OFF map (decoy or some russian map) which second team does not want to play - they claim match cancel.

SOLUTION: If a match is approved one team cannot claim match cancel only cause the second one choosed non-normal map - the team that claims match cancel get's 1-0 loss with a second one providing either SS or demo that they were ready on the server.
Posted 3:12pm Dec 2nd 17 and edited 4:20pm Dec 2nd 17
kapteeni molo
1. CGAC is mandatory and every player needs to use it. You need to start it before you can even run cod. If someone decides not to use it forfeit is deserved.

2. Once a match has been scheduled it cannot be cancelled unless both teams agree. Theres a noshow option if you prefer not to play.
Posted 3:41pm Dec 2nd 17
ravezoR
Quick fix for this problem is why should cgac be mandatory?

If a player is having a problem with cgac and other team agrees on letting him play without why doesnt cybergamer support that?

If two teamz want to play without cgac just let them whats problem?

Just make an option in match settings where you csn choose whether cgac is off / on i dont see the big deal about it
Posted 3:50pm Dec 2nd 17
masonn

If a player is having a problem with cgac and other team agrees on letting him play without why doesnt cybergamer support that?

Just make an option in match settings where you csn choose whether cgac is off / on i dont see the big deal about it

Quote from ravezoR on the 2nd of December 2017

I kinda agree, but then you rely on the "good sportsmanship" of other people and I am not so sure if you can rely on this with every person. I won't name any in specific, but there are some people who say "yes" but at the end it is "no" and they screw you over :D

Making cgac optional in the match-settings would solve that. But what if you never have problems and you made the challenge already and then u start getting problems with cgac (ch already accepted and there is cgac:on selected) then again you rely on the 'good sportmanship' which isn't always there as I said.

ps. good idea tho for making it optional, maybe this is an idea? @myss
Posted 4:07pm Dec 2nd 17
acidcow
and why the fuck do i have to validate my e-mail adress every fucking month???
Posted 4:29pm Dec 2nd 17
myss
Level: PLATINUM

Well you can always do that, its called a gentlemen's agreement, if you aren't sure both sides would honor that then I guess there's no point in playing them AC off one way or another..
Posted 4:45pm Dec 2nd 17
pussyfothermuckers

I won't name any in specific, but there are some people who say "yes" but at the end it is "no" and they screw you ove

Quote from masonn on the 2nd of December 2017
Exactly what masonn says. There are still a lot of dicks online who care about their e-points, not gonna name any teams, KUCH: T1SSUES etc ;)

I am a big supporter of once you ready up, you can't lame any more on CGAC and server settings. Check it before the match, should prevent a lot of disputes.

Well you can always do that, its called a gentlemen's agreement, if you aren't sure both sides would honor that then I guess there's no point in playing them AC off one way or another..

Quote from myss on the 2nd of December 2017
I do not completely agree with you myss. I could remember some matches were cancelled on cybergamer, because they were played with CGAC off, eventho they had a gentlemans agreement. Can't name you the exact matches, but what about that?

and why the fuck do i have to validate my e-mail adress every fucking month???

Quote from acidcow on the 2nd of December 2017
During my time on cybergamer I might have validated my emailadress more then 10 times?
Posted 5:05pm Dec 2nd 17
Grega (: mokE
Posted 5:41pm Dec 2nd 17
head
Level: PLATINUM
If you challenge a team and that team accepts the match with a valid map, you can not claim a match cancel. The official maplist can be found on the rulepage of every ladder.
Some teams also think that "claiming" match cancel before the official match time is enough to cancel the match, unless you have a valid reason, you can NOT cancel the match.

If you are ready but the other team refuses to play...just make a basic noshow report with a screenshot and claim a noshow win.

You can only cancel a match if there is a serious issue or if both teams agree (not wanting to play a map is not a valid reason)

As for the CGAC thing, on CB we had that option and we noticed that cheaters / rwb kept pushing other teams to play without the anticheat. Even now there are players who know that once they join CGAC, they will be banned.

If you don't trust your opponent, why would you ever suggest to play without CGAC?

When you rup you accept some things, just not everything...

If you check the rules you will notice that they are writen in basic english (so everybody understands) + the rules themselves are very basic (so easy to follow).
- adding your guid, you do it once and your set for "life"
- joining the provided anticheat
- not cheating / insultiong (both are in your hands)
- etc

The rules on ClanBase were much more complex but were needed because of the larger userbase.

@pussyfothermuckers
Feel free to dig around and provide us some links.
Posted 6:20pm Dec 2nd 17
masonn
Posted 7:11pm Dec 2nd 17
ravezoR
Basically its like this some teams agree on a player playing without cgac then when they lose they lame, now whats the problem with making a rule if you accept / rup That a player isnt on cgac you cant lame afterwards? Same prinicpial as freelancer.

Now another issue is 3rd map, same. Thing teams agree on playing 3rd map they lose they lame and we are back at the same point.

You can prevent all of this just by adding a simple rule and i have no idea why cybergamer doesnt wanna support that

Or are you that attached to your anticheat that you just wanna force us on using it while we dont have to? And trust me everybody knows eachother nowdays no one can return so that excuse of making anticheat mandatory because of rwbs is lame
Posted 8:01pm Dec 2nd 17
pussyfothermuckers
Posted 9:23pm Dec 2nd 17
pussyfothermuckers

Feel free to dig around and provide us some links.

Quote from head on the 2nd of December 2017
I think you can find them earlier then me, but for some reason I thought ephix was involved in this

You can prevent all of this just by adding a simple rule and i have no idea why cybergamer doesnt wanna support that

Quote from pussyfothermuckers on the 2nd of December 2017

Posted 9:26pm Dec 2nd 17
kikzoRj

Basically its like this some teams agree on a player playing without cgac then when they lose they lame, now whats the problem with making a rule if you accept / rup That a player isnt on cgac you cant lame afterwards? Same prinicpial as freelancer.

Now another issue is 3rd map, same. Thing teams agree on playing 3rd map they lose they lame and we are back at the same point.

Or are you that attached to your anticheat that you just wanna force us on using it while we dont have to? And trust me everybody knows eachother nowdays no one can return so that excuse of making anticheat mandatory because of rwbs is lame

++
Posted 10:33pm Dec 2nd 17
moOdy_saiyan
3RD MAP RULE: this right here is again a gentleman agreement. But if match afters two maps ends up 20-20, and both teams agree for the 3rd map it should said that - once you accept 3rd map you cannot claim 20-20 after you lose the 3rd map. If the winning team provides a SS of both teams accepting the 3rd/4th/5th map they therefore must put the right score - in which case the losing team cannot say "we only played it for FUN...Put 20-20 GG"
Posted 10:52pm Dec 2nd 17