Call of Duty 2

[LAN] Forgotten Soldiers - CoD2 - TUP - 4th & 5th of March 2017 - Page: 15

Thread started by rikkz on Wednesday, 7:32pm December 7th with 1037 replies. Views: 123,971

iconz
Level: BRONZE

That's why you need to be good on all the maps. ;)

Quote from d3do on the 29th of December 2016

lets be real here, that's not how it works.
Posted 5:21am Dec 29th 16
d3do
Posted 10:58am Dec 29th 16
freakzye

Yes it does, played lots of lans like that. If you have 7 rounds in a group (which they say will be the case, groups of 8), you take 7 maps and asign one to each round to be played as mandatory. Everyone has to play all the maps in the group like that. Much better than having most teams getting out of group stages on 2 maps. Shows real quality of teams, versus one/two-map heroes dominating.

Quote from d3do on the 28th of December 2016
+1 well said, seems like a really good idea.
Posted 12:20pm Dec 29th 16
rikkz

Im looking for a team :)

Quote from swilla on the 28th of December 2016

added:)

'' semper FI '' interested & gonna be there. line up -,,-

(Anthraxx, St.jhacqaL, NoNNstAr, dEBRAJ, shiftyYy)

Quote from anthraxx35 on the 29th of December 2016

added, let me know if i got the flag right see you there!
Posted 12:46pm Dec 29th 16
onizuka777
Posted 4:02pm Dec 29th 16
supreme

I can't wait to ban trainstation at lan

Quote from onizuka777 on the 29th of December 2016
Posted 5:55pm Dec 29th 16
Hatton
Posted 6:19pm Dec 29th 16
lackyyy
Posted 9:39pm Dec 29th 16
teqi-

Yes it does, played lots of lans like that. If you have 7 rounds in a group (which they say will be the case, groups of 8), you take 7 maps and asign one to each round to be played as mandatory. Everyone has to play all the maps in the group like that. Much better than having most teams getting out of group stages on 2 maps. Shows real quality of teams, versus one/two-map heroes dominating.

Quote from freakzye on the 29th of December 2016

If the maps are preselected. You might still end up playing a one map hero team on their "one" map. The veto system guarantees that two teams will face on a map they are equally confident / comfortable on and thus guarantee better games in general and also from a viewers perspective. Also a proper veto required skill and tactic thoughts, which in my mind is a great part of the lan experience.
Also if we happen to get a 7 map pool, you cant expect teams to be equally good on all 7 maps, while professional csgo teams that play everyday as their main job dont play 7 maps and have a perma ban, so how would "hobby" teams manage to get equally good on 7 maps. Just my thoughts...prove me wrong.
Posted 10:51am Dec 30th 16
freakzye

Quote from teqi- on the 30th of December 2016

Quote from freakzye on the 29th of December 2016
If the maps are preselected. You might still end up playing a one map hero team on their "one" map. The veto system guarantees that two teams will face on a map they are equally confident / comfortable on and thus guarantee better games in general and also from a viewers perspective. Also a proper veto required skill and tactic thoughts, which in my mind is a great part of the lan experience.
Also if we happen to get a 7 map pool, you cant expect teams to be equally good on all 7 maps, while professional csgo teams that play everyday as their main job dont play 7 maps and have a perma ban, so how would "hobby" teams manage to get equally good on 7 maps. Just my thoughts...prove me wrong.

Well, okay.. You also got your points, I have to admit.
But for some reason, I still support the previous idea a bit more. I totally agree with you about those tactical thoughts, but what I think is: lets hope this lan will have much more teams than the last one and we will be able to have groups with 8 teams. In that way, all the 7 maps could be played, as I said I prefer the random map system in the groupstage, so the teams will have to prove themselves on all the maps against a team, you might still end up playing against a team on their best map but hey.. thats not online where people and teams mostly CRY when you wanna pick matmata or carentan just for a greater good and leave tj or burgundy behind..(players who can relate to this, stop playing this game, no offense). Luck will always be needed on lans, but I think it would be the most fair like this, because all the passed teams have proven themselves on every single map against a team, and they procceeded. Also, previously on tls3, and on the tsa lan, we could NOT play just ONCE our best map (not the same map with the 2 teams) in the groupstage because everyone banned it against us. As you said, it was probably a previous experience and they "knew" what to ban, but still, I don't think (my mates from wild either) that groupstage should be having veto system.
However I agree with you in some ways, this is our opinion.
Posted 12:42pm Dec 30th 16
wdwdwd
Burgundy, tj, dv, matmata, carentan + rhine and vallente
Posted 2:57pm Dec 30th 16
RnDll89

we are interested

team casual

lineup ( RnDll, Mokr, dontknou, rat, inmotion )
Posted 4:57pm Dec 30th 16
dem0nick
@gObl90 , great job on everything for the lan so far.

i have to make the point though, that while i have always been an advocate for new maps (albeit for a 7 map pool instead of 6), i feel that announcing a new map only 1 month before the lan is to take place is terrible for the teams competing.

attending and competing at lan with the intention of doing well all comes down to preparation. we've seen that with the last two lan winners. so to effectively take that element away from teams (first announcing the arrival of a 6th map a month before lan, and secondly by others suggesting group stage maps should be pre-decided, is completely ludicrous).
Posted 5:37pm Dec 30th 16
koen-
Adding a new/two new maps is a great unique take by the organizers of this lan, but maybe consider making the call mid-January instead or something. That should leave plenty of time to practise and will add to the viewer experience regardless.
Posted 9:19pm Dec 30th 16
wdwdwd
FLS interested ( WaRdanceR, craven, M4rciN, Amnemon, TBA)
Posted 1:42am Dec 31st 16