UPDATED**The Joonas Selin Memorial Night cup

UPDATED**The Joonas Selin Memorial Night cup - Page: 4

Thread started by markb^ on Monday, 7:10pm November 28th with 193 replies. Views: 24,680

masonn
Level: BRONZE
Don't think you will finish the cup on saturday anyway if you have 16 teams. Nowadays it takes 20min for people to join the server and than another 20min to rup, we all know that.

Maybe it's an idea to start the cup late saturday, let's say 20.00 and then start sunday at 16.00 to finish it (Just an idea). In case you won't finish the cup sunday and want to finish it during the week you'll always have the problem that someone can't play.
Posted 9:18am Nov 30th 16
pussyfothermuckers
The thing is Masonn, if everybody makes sure cod2 is working and has signed up to play. So basicly means that ur ready to play, it should work imo, I know it's quite a task
Posted 9:20am Nov 30th 16
vozER
I can see some issues with the time as well. It's gonna be really tough to finish it in Sunday in reasonable time. Maybe if the cup started earlier in sunday or if was split Saturday / Sunday. Dno guys, dno.... There's always gonna be delays, always.
Posted 9:33am Nov 30th 16
qzk
Mason is right, pretty sure it will be like every other cup 3/4 games at least 1 hour delayed.
Posted 9:44am Nov 30th 16
pussyfothermuckers

Im really inactive atm. I can play this cup though. If any1 need a player, pm me!

Quote from Matjeq on the 30th of November 2016
Matje, check whatsapp
Posted 10:34am Nov 30th 16
masonn

The thing is Masonn, if everybody makes sure cod2 is working and has signed up to play. So basicly means that ur ready to play, it should work imo, I know it's quite a task :D

Quote from pussyfothermuckers on the 30th of November 2016

I agree, but will you risk it?
Posted 10:34am Nov 30th 16
d3do
Level: SILVER
16 is more than enough. You don't want a cup like this to turn into a drag and a mess. 32 teams will make it last very long (takes people forever to get on servers and start playing) and leave a bad aftertaste at the end. Really no need to overextend it, more important to make this reasonable and effective. Otherwise, it can turn into just another one of many long and stressfull one night cups, which happen all the time. This event should be different, elevated, professional, respectful, and effective. Please, don't turn it into a mess by trying to accommodate every random mix team that wants in now, but often won't even show up. Thanks
Posted 11:29am Nov 30th 16
acidcow
32 teams, BO1, Single Elimination - take a MAXIMUM of 1,5 hours / match (including connecting, rup time, timeout, etc)

1st round, 32 teams: 17:00 - 18:30
2nd round, 16 teams: 18:30 - 20:00
3rd round, 8 teams: 20:00 - 21:30
4th round, 4 teams 21:30 - 23:00
5th round, final 23:00 -
(CET times)

I don't think a schedule like this would be unholdable, but correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT:

ok i messed up, thought it's gonna start at 17:00 CET but whatever...
Posted 11:38am Nov 30th 16
qzk
Sorry but what makes u think that you and other 15 teams are the only ppl worth playing in memory of Ville. You should be happy that we actually have ppl and scene in 2016 who want to play, donate some money in that matter or just didnt said "ehhh fuck that i dont feel like geting 5ppl on sunday i have work tomorrow".

I get that u just want to make it smooth but in this situation everyone with confirmed line up should be able to play.
Posted 11:57am Nov 30th 16
borzi

Sorry but what makes u think that you and other 15 teams are the only ppl worth playing in memory of Ville. You should be happy that we actually have ppl and scene in 2016 who want to play, donate some money in that matter or just didnt said "ehhh fuck that i dont feel like geting 5ppl on sunday i have work tomorrow".

I get that u just want to make it smooth but in this situation everyone with confirmed line up should be able to play.

Quote from qzk on the 30th of November 2016

qzk got a point what really means "memorial cup"

even if u can not finish this cup at sunday , it was already worth
Posted 12:00pm Nov 30th 16
90DaviD
I'd participate if I wasn't such a filthy casual nowadays :)

Anyhow, given the interest shown (even some interesting names showing up - looking at you washed up has beens ) it would be wise to start the cup sooner.

Otherwise you'll either not finish it in decent hours or people will not play the final stages. It's best to start earlier or limit the maximum number of teams to maintain an enjoyable experience to both players and people watching.

Just my two cents on the subject.
Posted 12:07pm Nov 30th 16
freeze (Atesz :)
@d3do. The more teams, the more better. Thats the point of this tournament. Just watch the title. It can be done with 30-40 teams easily if its a bo1 with single elimination. But i have an idea. Make it 16 teams but drop your team out from this, and put some another there. You can decide, by fate. I think it will be respectful and effective from you to let other teams play. Im just suggesting like you.
Posted 12:10pm Nov 30th 16
dOLBY
@d3do please, why are you thinking that you deserve to play that cup more than me? You are the one who maybe is oldschool, but you are that one who are changing lineup every new lan or smthng, so you are then mix team too.

if we are active team, have lineup, attending lans, played with Jonas, know Jonas, why then someone wont let us play?

i deserve to play that cup same like you, and if you locked it on 16, than its not memorial cup for Jonas, than its just a closed cup.

You didnt get point here, of this memorial cup. Nobody cares to win it, or to play 1 hour late. Just wanna make some memories for Jonas, something like last time to say goodbye to player who played this game 10 years.

and even better, who cares if we dont finish it because of too much teams? at least its more respectfull than 16 teams locked.

no offense, but you missed a point here. its much better to play messy cup with 32 teams than some locked cup for "special ones" . memorial its memorial, and for everyone.
Posted 12:12pm Nov 30th 16
King Arthur

@d3do please, why are you thinking that you deserve to play that cup more than me? You are the one who maybe is oldschool, but you are that one who are changing lineup every new lan or smthng, so you are then mix team too.

if we are active team, have lineup, attending lans, played with Jonas, know Jonas, why then someone wont let us play?

i deserve to play that cup same like you, and if you locked it on 16, than its not memorial cup for Jonas, than its just a closed cup.

You didnt get point here, of this memorial cup. Nobody cares to win it, or to play 1 hour late. Just wanna make some memories for Jonas, something like last time to say goodbye to player who played this game 10 years.

and even better, who cares if we dont finish it because of too much teams? at least its more respectfull than 16 teams locked.

no offense, but you missed a point here. its much better to play messy cup with 32 teams than some locked cup for "special ones" . memorial its memorial, and for everyone.

Quote from dOLBY on the 30th of November 2016

+1
Posted 12:15pm Nov 30th 16
swilla
mysteRy x confirmed . Line up (rtms, Asus,mega, bega,monstercofi,trixy,swilla)
Posted 12:55pm Nov 30th 16