Call of Duty 2

Can't change my brightness anymore in Cod2 (windows 10)

Thread started by dAYZ on Saturday, 11:37pm November 19th with 13 replies. Views: 1,906

dAYZ
Level: BRONZE

Got a problem: can't change my brightness in cod 2 since I installed windows 10. How to solve this prob?

I'm using windows xp compability, otherwise the game is not working at all.
Posted 11:37pm Nov 19th 16
masonn
Posted 12:22am Nov 20th 16
znq
unstill ur last wind10 update, so go to youre previous widows 10 (worked for me)
Posted 12:27am Nov 20th 16
Alicaj1cxzje a.k.a Scarface
Level: SILVER

Windows 7

Quote from masonn on the 20th of November 2016

+1
Posted 12:38am Nov 20th 16
Hatton
Posted 12:45am Nov 20th 16
keso
make sure r_ignorehwgamma (or something like that) is set to 0
Posted 3:15am Nov 20th 16
QZR
Posted 5:40am Nov 20th 16
dAYZ

Windows 7

Quote from masonn on the 20th of November 2016

Haha, deze was te makkelijk
Posted 12:18pm Nov 20th 16
moOdy_saiyan

i have the same problem

Quote from Hatton on the 20th of November 2016
it should go like this...whenever you enter CoD2 MP your screen I a bit dark right? And when you higher your brightness it has no effect right? In that case, put for example r_gamm 1.27 and then do vid_restart. Every time you enter CoD2 you should do vid_restart, however i was able to fix that issue upon entering the game but not sure what was the case. If what I wrote works than just do that every time
Posted 5:34pm Nov 20th 16
vozER

Follow these steps:
1. Right-click CODMP.exe
2. Click Properties
3. Open "Compatibility" tab
4. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
5. Click the box and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"
6. Press APPLY

Now you can set r_gamma to values above 1.0, or adjust the brightness controller to anywhere you want.

Tell us if it worked or not.
Posted 10:03am Nov 21st 16
kebit
If you are using W10, get the latest build, and that's all.. I had a 10240 W10 build back then, but I upgraded to a 14493 and I don't have to use the Compatibility tweak to run the Call of Duty 2..

I had the same r_gamma 1 problem like you.. Anyway if you gonna use the Compatibility stuff I let you know it's gonna "smooth" and fuck up your mouse sens pretty much. The Compatibility differences fucks up the mouse feel totally.
Posted 11:50am Nov 21st 16
vozER

If you are using W10, get the latest build, and that's all.. I had a 10240 W10 build back then, but I upgraded to a 14493 and I don't have to use the Compatibility tweak to run the Call of Duty 2..

I had the same r_gamma 1 problem like you.. Anyway if you gonna use the Compatibility stuff I let you know it's gonna "smooth" and fuck up your mouse sens pretty much. The Compatibility differences fucks up the mouse feel totally.

Quote from kebit on the 21st of November 2016

It does screw up your sensitivity? Really? Holy shit this might explain why I'm having such a hard time with my sens. Damn.
Posted 12:01pm Nov 21st 16
kebit

Quote from vozER on the 21st of November 2016

It does screw up your sensitivity? Really? Holy shit this might explain why I'm having such a hard time with my sens. Damn.

Yes, cause W10 in the previous builds have very shitty mouse implementation.. which screwed up your mouse sens.. it's like a "smoothing" and not the totally "raw" 1:1 mouse sens no matter where is your "dot" under the mouse sens option in the Windows :)

I suggest you to as well to use without the compatibiltiy stuff
Posted 12:16pm Nov 21st 16
vozER

Quote from vozER on the 21st of November 2016

Yes, cause W10 in the previous builds have very shitty mouse implementation.. which screwed up your mouse sens.. it's like a "smoothing" and not the totally "raw" 1:1 mouse sens no matter where is your "dot" under the mouse sens option in the Windows :)

I suggest you to as well to use without the compatibiltiy stuff :)

Yeah I still use good old Windows 7 though, Don't know if that has the problem too
Posted 12:24pm Nov 21st 16