Call of Duty 2

Pam mode suggestions / fix requests - Page: 5

Thread started by head on Tuesday, 7:59pm February 23rd with 113 replies. Views: 19,150

elwzoy!
Level: BRONZE

This happens at more places over all maps.

Quote from hitzoR on the 24th of February 2016

Yeah, I know, it actually happens on very many spots but the burgundy one was the first one that came up to my mind and is one of the most important ones to be fixed in the new zPAM, other spots don't really have that big of an importance
Posted 10:47pm Feb 24th 16
Lepi //
Set like at 7th Division servers before,that you can play like a girl. It's amazing *_* hihihihi :$$$
Posted 12:48am Feb 25th 16
graejx

@Matzy @graejx why don't just start playing russian maps?....

Quote from KHILLIXUR on the 24th of February 2016
maybe because opponents want only tj/bg ?
Posted 2:17pm Feb 25th 16
FCH

@Matzy @graejx why don't just start playing russian maps?....

Quote from KHILLIXUR on the 24th of February 2016

my team plays lenin so noone wants to play against us, they are all lan only pg pro players... and the one that play lenin shit talk 99% of the match.

i recommend making new ladder: "lan maps only ladder for lan players that never went to lan but know only 3 maps in a 10 years old game Ladder"
Posted 8:51pm Feb 25th 16
elwzoy!

my team plays lenin so noone wants to play against us, they are all lan only pg pro players... and the one that play lenin shit talk 99% of the match.

i recommend making new ladder: "lan maps only ladder for lan players that never went to lan but know only 3 maps in a 10 years old game Ladder"

Quote from FCH on the 25th of February 2016
damn, you sound butthurt.

anyway, i was always down to play maps that arent really played, but i have to say maps like leningrad arent played because the layout is just not good enough for a competetive play, instead, i would play maps like tobruk, tripoli, vallente and some other maps that were mention on these forums before, those maps definitely have a bigger potentional for competetive play than leningrand and others.

just my opinion though, keep playing what you want, but i doubt you'll ever find a suiting opponent
Posted 10:06pm Feb 25th 16
select
no i wanna new ladder / soo as in cod4 that u cant choose anymap
same as cod4 example dawn , harbor , wahtever not all maps only

Carentan
Toujane
Burgundy
Dawnville
Railyard
Matmata
Rhine
tba

this maps auto choose from cg for a match !

so its for all the same !
Posted 10:24pm Feb 25th 16
mateo J.K
since all of us are bored of playing only 2 maps over and over, maybe u could ''insert'' random map choosing system after challenge is accepted (saw something similar in csgo)... implement it on main 5v5 ladder and force teams to play all maps around... all of us are sick of playing toujane/burgundy in every single match.
Posted 10:27pm Feb 25th 16
myss
Level: PLATINUM
We had a random map ladder. In 3 months 6 matches were played.

Also, we don't plan or want to change some radical stuff on main ladder: "if its good, don't change it".
Posted 10:30pm Feb 25th 16
mateo J.K

We had a random map ladder. In 3 months 6 matches were played.

Also, we don't plan or want to change some radical stuff on main ladder: "if its good, don't change it".

Quote from miss on the 25th of February 2016

Problem is, that it isn't that good as u think... what makes u think its good? Man this community is getting smaller and smaller... activity increases only before some lans are announced. And after all of that goes by what do you have really? 2 maps being played all over again, people crying and laming about bullshits, many unresolved disputes, bypassed anticheat and all other shits... May u explain me what is exactly good in here?

And people are saying game is dead. Of course its dead... man it's 11 years old game... and it always stays the same, because community of this game is total shit... afraid of any kind of changes.

And u talk about random map ladder, i'm not suprised it wasn't active... nobody has reason to play random maps... but in this way u could force teams to play all maps.

I really appreciate all things u did for this community, so please don't take this comment harsh and personally.

soz 4 bad english
Posted 10:40pm Feb 25th 16
graejx
nobody is afraid here, people just come on forum to say words and then going back to what they do everyday, they are all grandpas like @Viilee XD

no matter what people say on forums, nothing will change, you can start over with new things, maps, gametypes, trying to make old things live, nothing will change because this community is closeminded.

the only thing that make this game still alive is some lan(s) over the year(s) and that's all.
Posted 11:07pm Feb 25th 16
moxzor

bug#1
When you're shotgunner and you die with smoke in your hands, the smoke activates and is pickup-able again.

bug#2
You still have a nade and smoke, then you die, alive players can pickup only 1 thing from your corpse.
Posted 12:01am Feb 26th 16
head
Level: PLATINUM
roblem is, that it isn't that good as u think... what makes u think its good? Man this community is getting smaller and smaller... activity increases only before some lans are announced. And after all of that goes by what do you have really? 2 maps being played all over again, people crying and laming about bullshits, many unresolved disputes, bypassed anticheat and all other shits... May u explain me what is exactly good in here?

Quote from mateo7

Every few months we have this, people complain about new maps. What people seem to forget is that everytime we add new maps to cups or to the ladder, nobody plays them...

In the normal ladder, each team picks his map, nobody can force you to not pick your own map. If you accept the challenge with your map and they dont like it, claim a noshow. If you see that a team challenged you with a map you dont like, dont accept.

The random map ladder is great in theory, the system picks the maps, means no team has a real advantage over the other team (unless they get lucky and get their homemap). If we look at the stats we see nobody played this ladder.

Adding new maps to the cups, vallente is a known map but that wasnt enough, we took a risk and added vallente / rhine / tobruk. Turns out that people insta veto these maps or even made an agreement with the other team "lets not even vote on those 3 maps".

The problem is that COD2 players conflict about everything, we do punish people for pointless disputes but th at doesnt stop them and finding motivated admins is almost impossible. Nobody wants to solve disputes and get flamed for little to no reason.

CGAC, there isnt an anticheat in the world that cant be bypassed, even if we hire a company, pay that company 1.000.000 euro to create an anticheat. That anticheat can get bypassed. That being said, there isnt a cheat that is undetectable. (its a cat and mouse game)

The main ladder was always dominated by tj / burg / dawn / matmata / carentan (in that order). The maplist is there, you can pick any map you want from that list. I can see us hosting cups with alternative maps but i dont see those maps taking over the main cod2 ladder.

If you guys want, we can switch the main ladder with the random ladder by tomorrow but I do not think thats what people want.
Posted 12:04am Feb 26th 16
djole
If we get a random map ladder teams would agree to play maps which they wanna play anyways.
Posted 3:03am Feb 26th 16
kapteeni molo
Didn't ESL have that random map thingy? People refused to play the maps that were selected and said that they'll only play tj/burg or smth. Teams agreed or when they didn't they had to go search a new game which was pretty frustrating after a couple of times.
Posted 5:19am Feb 26th 16
vioqor
There is a reason why some maps are simply not popular though.. I mean, if people don't really enjoy playing some maps even after 10 years, it's probably because the map isn't very good (for competitive play, at least).
Posted 9:25am Feb 26th 16