TLS3 LAN OFFICIAL THREAD

TLS3 LAN OFFICIAL THREAD - Page: 39

Thread started by d3do on Tuesday, 9:02pm October 27th with 1184 replies. Views: 227,732

d3do
Level: BRONZE
We won all our games and then ran into GRS early last time, so I should be the first one to push DE with that optic. Do not make a mistake there, I am the last person to arrange stuff to give an advantage to mine or any other team. I know that you look at things through that angle always, I just don't.

I just don't want to sit there til 4AM, as simple as that. When that happens, I lose all the joy from the lan tournament all together and I will simply not do that. You get to run around where you want most of the day, leave as early as you want, I have to work there all day and stay until the very last moment. Just not going to do it, hate it, simple.
Posted 5:34pm Feb 14th 16
myss
Level: PLATINUM

i dont even mind that we would be playing until late night, we're gamers, we're made for this.

Quote from ELWZOY on the 14th of February 2016
One of first things you're gonna hear if this tournament lasts longer than midnight on Sunday will be "I've gotta work in Monday morning".
Posted 5:42pm Feb 14th 16
vioqor

We won all our games and then ran into GRS early last time, so I should be the first one to push DE with that optic. Do not make a mistake there, I am the last person to arrange stuff to give an advantage to mine or any other team. I know that you look at things through that angle always, I just don't.

I just don't want to sit there til 4AM, as simple as that. When that happens, I lose all the joy from the lan tournament all together and I will simply not do that. You get to run around where you want most of the day, leave as early as you want, I have to work there all day and stay until the very last moment. Just not going to do it, hate it, simple.

Quote from d3do on the 14th of February 2016

Lol wut? I don't think you are the kind of person to do that stuff.

Anyways, I know what it is like to be there all day and arrange stuff, remember TLS1?

The problem is that you are saying its going to take till 4 AM, as if that is a given. I think that that is rather unrealistic, and pessimistic for sure. Why not make an optimistic (but realistic) schedule that includes DE, and as much BO3 as possible. Dropping BO3 when times becomes an issue is extremely simple. What is there to lose?

TomorrowLAN had hours of delay at the start, had pcs that weren't working (so only 3 matches could be played at a time for a pretty long while), and other technical issues.

Sure, there will always be some unforeseen issues, but considering the location of the LAN, the risk of serious delays is very limited. And even if they occur, can always switch back to BO1 if needed. But we all know switching to BO3 when there is enough time is never going to happen (when bo1 is planned).

Even with 24 teams, I think its possible to at least play the first round of the playoffs on the first day.. Possibly more if we dont run into hours of delay. (based on some quick calculations)
Posted 5:49pm Feb 14th 16
d3do
Yes, I remember TLS1 and you said you'll never do it again, for a reason.

Let's first see the number of teams, and then we will do all we can to allow for as much play as possible while not risking an allnighter. Teams causing delays will be getting default losses at this lan, though, as that is always a big reason for late finishes. Come 5 minutes late for your game or leave during it = loss.
Posted 5:58pm Feb 14th 16
vioqor

Let's first see the number of teams, and then we will do all we can to allow for as much play as possible while not risking an allnighter. Teams causing delays will be getting default losses at this lan, though, as that is always a big reason for late finishes. Come 5 minutes late for your game or leave during it = loss.

That's why you should have people running the stuff who aren't playing themselves.

Being there all day, then playing till 01:30, then going to Mecca for the afterparty, and then playing again at 8/9 am without sleep probably wasn't the best idea no ;p

Limit technical issues, ensure matches start and finish on time, and it should be fine! I think the location will save us a lot of time, since its meant for this kind of stuff
Posted 6:16pm Feb 14th 16
d3do
Posted 6:19pm Feb 14th 16
$LONE

Quote from vioqor on the 14th of February 2016

That's why you should have people running the stuff who aren't playing themselves.

Being there all day, then playing till 01:30, then going to Mecca for the afterparty, and then playing again at 8/9 am without sleep probably wasn't the best idea no ;p

Limit technical issues, ensure matches start and finish on time, and it should be fine! I think the location will save us a lot of time, since its meant for this kind of stuff

it was the best idea, long islands made it the best.
Posted 6:59pm Feb 14th 16
linden
24 teams seems like the rough estimate at this point, i highly doubt we might even hit that number.

so far my estimate is around 17-19 teams at best.

it is absolutely crucial to confirm a double elim standard to the LAN.

bo1 groups
bo3 playoff
bo1 losers incase of technical difficulty or otherwise horrorshow hours.

the date of the LAN makes traveling to brickistan an absolute waste of money.
there better be some value to back that money up.

get teams to pay up and confirm their participation.
decide on the format of the LAN promptly.
Posted 10:21pm Feb 14th 16
bananawet

24 teams seems like the rough estimate at this point, i highly doubt we might even hit that number.
so far my estimate is around 17-19 teams at best.

Quote from linden on the 14th of February 2016

unexpected, gamerz-only.hr, negative, critical, kompleksi, duplexity, cK, wild??, 3rdie, materace, phase

this is 22 teams already and there will be few more, so 24 teams is pretty good number to count on. my opinion.
Posted 10:52pm Feb 14th 16
blueangel
Wild coming? @Stormyyyy @rampagee-all-in @Norby125 @Qkesz @KRADZZjE
Posted 10:55pm Feb 14th 16
KHILLIXUR
@d3do I am definitely backing up the DE system. It should be on every lan i guess. Time is not going to be a problem since you managed such a good gaming house and I agree with @hitzoR that LB msut be BO1 for saving time.

I am not sure if it's worth for foreign teams to come to the lan and go home after 3 matches in groupstages when we consider the price of the flying tickets....Higly doubt that we will get 32 teams so it give us an opportunity to play DE with 24 teams.
Posted 11:06pm Feb 14th 16
Sk1lzZ

Wild coming? @Stormyyyy @rampagee-all-in @Norby125 @Qkesz @KRADZZjE

Quote from blueangel on the 14th of February 2016

qkesz is coming with us, rest not coming.
Posted 11:21pm Feb 14th 16
d3do
Wild are not coming. We should have 24, though.
Posted 11:58pm Feb 14th 16
Hatton
WiLD aren't coming because of the anticheat?

hmm
Posted 12:14am Feb 15th 16
vioqor
Posted 12:25am Feb 15th 16