Call of Duty 2

Error installing vallente

Thread started by Purr on Sunday, 9:18pm December 27th with 8 replies. Views: 1,117

Purr
Level: BRONZE
Since a few of us are wanting to playing again, I started to check if the server I still have (not the public one) was set up correctly, and I noticed it didn't have vallente installed on it.

I've downloaded the map from the download section here on CG, and I've put everything in the main folder in the ftp of the server, I've tried a variety of things, because so far the only thing I get when I try to load the map on the server it gives me this error:

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2vchlxd.png[/IMG]

And those files do exist and they are in the right folder, at least, they do appear to be.

If there's anyone so kind to give a brief reply with how the ftp should look like with those map files, that'd be very much appreciated.
Posted 9:18pm Dec 27th 15
znq
i think you downloaded a wrong 1.3 patch try to download a diffrent one i had the same with rhine and other maps
Posted 9:21pm Dec 27th 15
myss
Level: PLATINUM
Let go server atm, what about you, did you placed the map in your main folder?
Posted 9:25pm Dec 27th 15
Purr

Let go server atm, what about you, did you placed the map in your main folder?

Quote from miss on the 27th of December 2015

I have, basically extracted the zip file on my desktop, then dragged them all in my main folder (in the ftp of my server obviously).

Also tried to just drag the files from within the zip into the main folder, but so far that didn't help out either.
Posted 9:28pm Dec 27th 15
myss
I'm not talking about FTP, I'm talking about the place where your game is installed on PC, usually: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\

If server doesn't have map, it would silently pop out message in console that it can't load the map, window message like this is usually caused because server loads the map fine, but you don't have on your PC.
Posted 9:32pm Dec 27th 15
Purr
I did not have the map in my main folder, but I did enable downloading on the server (server and client wise), and that didn't help me either, but I'll see what it does if I put those files in my main folder manually.

Edit: it's still giving the same error as in the OP.
Posted 9:34pm Dec 27th 15
myss
When uploading the map on CG, I forgot to put it in archive and site automatically renamed it to "7167_cgau-5884k-PK-File-7167-evvmp-vallente.iwd"

Rename both server and client file into "mp_vallente.iwd", some of these characters might be messing with server as well:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/4LBcFDg.png[/img]

Should work after you do this.
Posted 9:37pm Dec 27th 15
Purr
Posted 9:44pm Dec 27th 15
bybson
Posted 6:19pm Dec 28th 15