Win10 Help

Thread started by d3do on Thursday, 12:55am August 13th with 10 replies. Views: 4,028

d3do
Level: BRONZE
Hey there, wondering if anyone could help me.

I've installed Windows 10 today and can't play CoD2 on it.

When I load up the game, my in-game mouse pointer is stuck in the top left corner of the game menu and I can't move it. Instead, I see the regular Windows mouse pointer over the game, which I can move, but I can't click on anything in the game, the game does not react to it. When I tab out and then tab back in I gain control of the in-game mouse pointer, however the game becomes really dark (can't change it in game) and it's not really playable.

Tried reinstalling the game, doesn't help, tried running it with all sorts of different compatibility modes and that doesn't help either.

Anyone had a similar problem and knows a fix, I would be very grateful.

Thanks for any help in advance.

P.S. Would like to keep Win10, don't want to go back to the previous version, so that is only the last instance solution.
Posted 12:55am Aug 13th 15
aero77

had the same issue with Win 8. I fixed it by NOT running as an admin or in any compatibilty mode. Maybe that could work with Win 10 as well.

But another problem i personally got now is, if i start the game with the new version of CGAC it has the same issues you are describing in your post -.- - can't change the gamma etc...bullshit...

hope you can fix it though. gl
Posted 1:49am Aug 13th 15
Priboi
Posted 3:54am Aug 13th 15
d3do
Thanks aero! Tried loading it with no compatibility and no luck either.
Posted 10:35am Aug 13th 15
myss
Level: PLATINUM
Think someone told me if you run CGAC in Win8 compability mode, certain issues are gone.
Posted 10:42am Aug 13th 15
BIG
d3d0 cod2 works if u put no comp. mode (but with admin permissions) just loads a bit more later. If u are running it with cgac try putting cgac in compatibility mode and no mode for cod2, it talkes a bit longer but it works in the end
Posted 11:15am Aug 13th 15
d3do
Posted 1:45pm Aug 13th 15
d3do
Everything fixed and working, thanks for the help dudes!
Posted 10:31pm Aug 13th 15
fURBYx
What have you done to solve the prob?? Cause multiple answers were given.
Posted 11:18pm Aug 13th 15
d3do
Ran both CGAC and CoD2 without any compatibility. It takes a while to load, but works ok.
Posted 12:16am Aug 14th 15
Priboi
It takes a while to load because of com_hunkmegs 512, most probably.
If you put it to 160 (that's the default I think), it should load much much faster, but your gameplay will not be as smooth.
Posted 2:56am Aug 14th 15