EU
PC
OP
GB
Rep:
87%
Hi folks, is this spec worth £550? The only reason I'm looking at this website because I can get it on finance and pay the same money back. Please let me know if it is worth it. Thanks.

i5-4440
1tb hard drive
8gb ddr3
Nvidia gt470 1gb
Dvdrw

www.very.co.uk/zoostorm-intelreg-coretrade-i5-processor-8gb-ram-1000gb-hard-drive-wi-fi-gaming-desktop-pc-base-unit-with-1gb-dedicated-graphics--black/1438672037.prd
Downvote
2.7 years ago
HR
Rep:
84%
How i know that i5 arent so good for gaming .
Downvote
2.7 years ago
HR
Rep:
60%
i5 proc are pretty damn good !

is that a gtx470 or gtx470 ? if it is a gt then i would change that...
Downvote
2.7 years ago
HR
Rep:
60%
Saw now, its a gt740 would definitely change that...
Downvote
2.7 years ago
SE
Rep:
82%
Quote from Matzey on the 3rd of April 2015:

The difference between i5's and i7's in gaming is minimal lol, the graphics card is pretty wank tho. My advice would be to skip the windows (torrent it) and just invest in a better graphics card.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
87%
I actually have a Radeon 6800 is this better? Is it worth £550?
Downvote
2.7 years ago
SI
Rep:
79%
Your PC spec's:

Intel® Quad Core™ i5-4440 processor (6M Cache, 3.1GHz) (okay)
Windows 8.1 operating system (fucking shit)
1Tb hard drive (average, but no SSD)
8Gb DDR3 RAM 1333Mhz (probablly shit, the fequency should be higher)
DVDRW (lol)
Wi-Fi enabled (irrelevant)
Graphics : NVidia GT740 1Gb
Network Interface: 10/100/1000 LAN (orly)

-no SSD which is necessary in 2015
-random 1333Mhz RAM's
-Graphics cards price is around 100€, and it isn't very good
-Probablly also some shit MSI motherboard

For 750€ you can get a lot better than this

My opinion: Don't buy this, rather order custom parts for your PC and assemble it yourself or ask a friend to do it.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
SE
Rep:
82%
Quote from wAde on the 3rd of April 2015:
The Radeon 6800 is worse than both the gtx470 and the gt740. I don't know about the prices in UK but in Finland/Sweden you could probably get a similar pc for 2/3 of the price. You should look into building a custom pc as celezi already pointed out.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
HR
Rep:
84%
Quote from karmAAA on the 3rd of April 2015:
The Radeon 6800 is worse than both the gtx470 and the gt740. I don't know about the prices in UK but in Finland/Sweden you could probably get a similar pc for 2/3 of the price. You should look into building a custom pc as celezi already pointed out.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
87%
I build my last gaming setup. The reason I was going to but this because I can get it on finance.

This will be a big jump from q6600, 2gb ram and radeon9800? It's only for playing the cod series anyway.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
SE
Rep:
82%
I build my last gaming setup. The reason I was going to but this because I can get it on finance.

This will be a big jump from q6600, 2gb ram and radeon9800? It's only for playing the cod series anyway.

Well you're basically jumping from low tier to mid tier, it's more than decent for games like cod2 and cod4 but you might be looking forward to future upgrades if you ever decide to play newer games

Edited once, 3/4/15 - 2:18am.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
87%
I'm waiting on an email back for the full spec. Thanks
Downvote
2.7 years ago
BE
Rep:
83%

the fuck? i5s are better for gaming than i7s. i7s are not worth the money just for gaming.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
87%
The increase from i5 to i7 is only like 30% I think.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
jay
NL
Rep:
80%
Seems like you're repeating yourself every few weeks wAde, what's the matter? You've been given good advice from a lot of people but disregard it every time and just try again later.

Thread #1
Thread #2

To stay on topic:

Some of the things people say here is quite worrying and is simply not right:

i5's are definitely "enough" if you plan on gaming only, an i7 would simply be a waste (yes, technically it is better but not worth it).

If you plan on streaming, gaming, rendering and running more applications all at the same time, that's the only way you can justify gettin an i7 these days.

Quote from celezi on the 3rd of April 2015:

Windows 8.1 operating system (fucking shit)

-no SSD which is necessary in 2015
-random 1333Mhz RAM's
-Probablly also some shit MSI motherboard

- Windows 8.1 is the most optimized and quickest windows to date, sure the UI and other things might not be the same as Windows 7 - that's why you simply install the classic shell. Windows 8.1 is more superior 'under the hood' than previous versions, not to mention those boot times. The only reason NOT to pick it, is to make games like cod2 and this shitty CGAC work better (that's simply the only reason because for the rest: win 8.1 > win 7)
- SSD is definitely not "necessary", not yet anyways. The prices are already dropping and will continue to drop so it's better to wait. Sure it's quicker but needed? I don't think so? I know so. A regular 1TB 7200RPM will be just fine for now.
- some shit MSI mobo? Last time I checked MSI are one of the best and more popular mobo manufactures.

Quote from celezi on the 3rd of April 2015:
My opinion: Don't buy this, rather order custom parts for your PC and assemble it yourself or ask a friend to do it.

That's the only thing I'd agree with and is probably the only reasonable thing you said, lol.

The increase from i5 to i7 is only like 30% I think.

Uh, ok?

A good read that explains the difference between processors of today: click

tldr:
Quote from guy on reddit:
The only difference between these is that the i7s have hyper-threading.

That is it. Really. Unless you are doing a lot of multi-tasking or workstation like stuff, you don't really need an i7. Save the money and go i5.

Extra graph: click

Conclusion: Don't buy these "premade" builds, they usually consists out of the cheapest brands and will definitely NOT last longer than quality brands you pick yourself (and still the same price, if not, even cheaper)
Downvote
2.7 years ago