[DEMOCALL] Monthly Frag Challenge #March

Thread started by senorbarbata on Friday, 11:15am March 27th with 14 replies. Views: 3,331

senorbarbata
Level: BRONZE
Democall for March is closed. 23/50 demos were received. Democall for April opens in 26/4/2015.

- The top 10 frags sent will be released in a short movie.
- The top 15 frags sent will be released in an unlisted video where they are unedited.

The episode of March will be edited by Nappivaras.

P.S. I'm still recruiting more judges to evaluate the frags.

P.P.S. Barbata is a big boy today))

[SPOILER=SPOILER: List of changes compared to the previous democall]
- The episode of March will be edited by Nappivaras
- Recruiting more judges[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Introduction]Hello, it's Brobata (stands for Barbata's big brother, clever eh?) again! Like the title says, this is a democall for a cod4 community frag challenge. If you somehow have no idea of what such is, I suggest that you take a look at abbie's or kedz's similar series in the past.
https://www.youtube.com/user/abbiejka/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/kedzr/videos

A previous episode:

[SPOILER=SPOILER: Instructions for submitting a frag]- One demo per player, so send your best frags if you want them to get in. If you have trouble in evaluating which of your frags are the best, see the Instructions for judges below to know which factors the frags are evaluated by.

- Timestamp the frag. The easiest way to do this is to rename your demo and include all the details that will let us know which part of the demo your frag is in. Don't forget to include your country and the player name you want your frag to represent in the highlight! An example for a name of the demo that provides sufficient details: Barbata_Cuba_Citystreets_round15_smg4k

- Upload your demo to a file hosting site that requires NO registration or client for downloading the file and has NO download limit. If I see a single fucking sendspace link from anyone I will ban them from this series for the rest of the whole eternity unless they write me a world class apology letter.
Suggestions for the file hosting site of your choice:
* Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/ - The easiest way to share a file by far, just drag and drop the file to your dropbox folder. Registration and client required for uploading.
* File Convoy http://www.fileconvoy.com/ - The go to option for all of the lazy uploaders. No registration or client required.

- Send your demo to me as an email to this address: analpenetrator69@hotmail.com. Alternatively you can share the download link via xfire or by posting on this thread. If you link me your demo in xfire, make sure I respond to you that I have downloaded it. My xfire: senorbarbata

Please note that the frags that have previously been showcased in a top 10 video of Monthly Frag Challenge or either of the series mentioned in the Introduction above will be automatically disqualified! I will also disqualify frags that I can prove to be cheated or are from players that are banned from cybergamer by evidence that I personally regard as strong (banned by demo for example).

Also remember that the demo does NOT have to be from the corresponding month that the frag challenge takes in! Even though the frag challenge is originally intended to present recent frags to the community, I don't find it necessary to limit the the demos by age. I believe that later on we will end up with having primarily new frags in the frag challenge if I manage to keep this series running for long enough, because there is a limit to how many old demos the currently active scene has in store.

The frag does NOT necessarily have to be from a cybergamer match either. Bear in mind though that the judges will notice if the opposing team is low skilled. If the match in question has an interesting storyline (playoff game or an old rivalry for example), you can and should share this knowledge when sending the demo because it adds up to the weight of the frag.[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Instructions for judges]Once I've closed the democall after receiving 50 demos OR reaching the deadline of the democall, I will upload them in one package as soon as possible and message it to you in xfire. If I don't have you in xfire I will send the demos as a private message in cybergamer. My xfire: senorbarbata

Watch all of the frags from the demos and figure out which frags would be in your top 15. I will upload a preview video including all the frags to help you decide the exact order after you roughly know which frags are in your top 15. Make a list of the 15 best frags in order and give it to me in xfire or as a private message in cybergamer within 3 days after the democall is closed. Next comes an optional part, which however is where you can affect the final outcome the most: be prepared to explain to me why you think X is a better frag than Y because I will ask for a reasonings if something about your rankings doesn't make sense to me. I like to discuss things and I value well argumented analysis very highly. I will put significantly higher emphasis on your rankings if they follow a distinct logical pattern. While personal preference is obviously a big part of rating the frags, the goal isn't to just blindly rank the frags that you personally like higher than they deserve to be. Analyze the frags. The final decision concerning which frags are included in the top 10 that end up in the video and the order of them will be made by me, I'm only consulting the judges.

Pay attention to ALL of these qualities when evaluating a frag:

- How impressive was the play itself? Was a clear outplay involved or was the frag mostly a sum of lucky coincidences (borderline dodgy timings, perhaps)? Remember that sometimes the luckiness of the frag can also be a good thing that makes it impressive, long range hipfires and random wallbangs being some of the best examples.

- How visually appealing was the play? Was the accuracy good and the movement fluid or did the player miss many shots and bump against every wall in sight? Did the frag consist of a +20 nade or a +15 shot with a gun?

- How good of a team was the player facing? Is the team known to be successful in the competitive scene or do they seem like a common cod4.wars mix? Was the play of the opposing team on point or was there an obvious misplay that can be pinpointed?

- How well does the frag fit into your overall understanding of what a good frag is and does it fit in a highlight? The most obvious factors being the amount of kills and the amount of time the frag takes.

Keep in mind that being a judge does NOT prevent you from submitting your own frags for the frag challenge![/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=SPOILER: FAQ]

[Q] Have you received the demo I sent to you by email?
[A] Most likely I have. If, however, you don't see your name in the list of the people whose demos I've received a day after you sent it, you should ask me about it in xfire.

[Q] When is the preview video up?
[A] It will be up as soon as I have rendered and uploaded it. It will most likely be up roughly a day after the closure of the democall.

[Q] When is the top 10 video of the month X ready?
[A] I probably don't know it myself. Stop asking, it's annoying as fuck and won't make me release the video any earlier. On the contrary, it might even prolong the process by making me feel less motivated to edit.

[Q] What are the rankings / Which frags got into the top 10 of the frag challenge you're currently editing?
[A] You fill find out when the videos of the corresponding month will be released.

[Q] How am I supposed to know if I can send the same frag again when I don't know whether or not my frag got into the top 10?
[A] You can always send a different frag for this month. The top 10 video of the month X will probably be up before the democall of the month X+2 anyway. You can also ask me in xfire if your frag got into the top 10.

[Q] Why wasn't my frag in the top 10?
[A] There's probably a good reason for it that I can also explain to you, so feel free to ask.[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Disclaimer]As the author of this series I hold on to my right to be as corrupted as I like regarding the judging/qualifying of the frags and everything else related to this series. Despite all the things I've said above (or below) I do not promise to do things the way I've said, to continue this series any further or to do anything at all in the first place. #GetFuckedCommunity[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=SPOILER: The official judges]blbb
celezi
DoxX
inkyy
Levy
MiXeR
Powerteqq
pRPLZ
remix
SuKraMzE
ZYNGA

I also have a few unofficial judges)) #Corruption
[/SPOILER]
[SPOILER=SPOILER: List of people whose demos I've received for the currently running democall. (Updated at least once a day)]
AZOXZKI
Barbata
blbb
celezi
CHFluke
direeX
Dotti
fabyBAAAAAAAAAANG
GÖRAN[42]
HUntaah
Hyperion
jamahL
K1R
MiXeR
Nappicosmo
NOUN
O'Salivan
remix
Ru5m1R
sarr
StiFleR
synz
ULI
[/SPOILER]
Posted 11:15am Mar 27th 15 and edited 2:09pm Apr 4th 15
celezi
Posted 11:48am Mar 27th 15
MiXeR
Posted 11:09pm Mar 27th 15
senorbarbata
Posted 4:28pm Mar 29th 15
twitleR

www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g3315be9b3b22da20999643262fbadc1bdfa7103ce
Posted 4:16pm Mar 30th 15
senorbarbata
Posted 8:14pm Mar 31st 15
senorbarbata
sent mee demos, u donut wanna miss this CHANGE to get URE fregs edited by a propel editer !
Posted 4:16pm Apr 1st 15
senorbarbata
wtf y cunnot continue this series if ppl gibe only 10 demo ..
Posted 8:06pm Apr 1st 15
senorbarbata
Posted 10:47am Apr 2nd 15
senorbarbata
Posted 8:35pm Apr 2nd 15
senorbarbata
Posted 8:55am Apr 3rd 15
xronox
When do u release the february fragmovie?
Posted 11:25am Apr 3rd 15
senorbarbata

When do u release the february fragmovie?

Quote from xronox on the 3rd of April 2015
not anytime son m9 y habe not even synced all fregs((
Posted 11:56am Apr 3rd 15
synz
cba to look through my demos, prolly have some way better stuff ^^

www.mediafire.com/download/tsixt22k6f0h92i/synz_croatia_city_round10_smg_ace.dm_1
Posted 12:46pm Apr 3rd 15
senorbarbata
Posted 9:39pm Apr 3rd 15