EU
PC
pTX
PL
Rep:
65%
I miss CoD 1 all weapons servers and teams - thesedays u can find only crappy only rifle clans and servers. Its pretty good back to old times (2003-2007 years). But as I guess old CoD 1 players are too old to have time to playin competetive (so thats why server is empty and max. 3-4 teams will looking for a match on CG). Its sad but true.

Anyway great initiative.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
NL
Rep:
72%
Quote from OVERiDEocto on the 30th of March 2015:
Maybe its not clear for all : the fix will make the left lean as fast as the right lean, so clipping will still exist but will not be as efficient : it will be possible to kill you

So, if i'm right, it fixes the exploit that makes you can't be killed but doesn't remove the leaning aspect of the game which we all love (fuck counter strike :D)

Thats what im trying to explain but we got razRR the dictator on RO what he says goes and he doesnt want it fixed cause his clan depends on the clipping bug
Downvote
2.7 years ago
HR
Rep:
63%
It's enough now

Stick to the topic related
Downvote
2.7 years ago
OP
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from poepKind on the 30th of March 2015:
Quote from OVERiDEocto on the 30th of March 2015:
Maybe its not clear for all : the fix will make the left lean as fast as the right lean, so clipping will still exist but will not be as efficient : it will be possible to kill you

So, if i'm right, it fixes the exploit that makes you can't be killed but doesn't remove the leaning aspect of the game which we all love (fuck counter strike :D)

Thats what im trying to explain but we got razRR the dictator on RO what he says goes and he doesnt want it fixed cause his clan depends on the clipping bug

Even though he might have a point about people being used to a certain mod for so many years, fixing a game is ALWAYS a positive thing, because you're FIXING it. For so long we have cried our eyeballs out because of the bug, and now, 10 years later (longer even), we would NOT want it to be fixed?

The lean as it is right now would just be changed and be the same as the right lean, or people have a thick skull and don't understand how positive this would actually be, or the right lean is worse than the left lean (which would be a joke if it were).

Either way, I'm glad the "translation" got corrected, now we all know you will be allowed to lean, but not to clip. And about the example of cod2 and its proneclip, a few years back allan (from waL) and I were looking into fixing the proneclip bug, none of the players we spoke to did NOT want it fixed, the only thing some of 'em did say was well.. we don't use it anyways, which is true, so in that regard I can understand the comparison, but there's a difference between proneclipping and clipping to the sides, no matter what game we're talking about here.

If keso CAN fix it, I honestly would be embarassed to let the man's work go to waste, but then again, I would not be surprised that the stubborness of a gaming community might just do that, let it go to waste. Same with all the visual fixes, sure, keso's not doing those things for us but because he wanted to and he's into those kind of things, but, again, letting it go to waste would be really sad.

This is solely my opinion, but I know a lot of people would very much agree. Right now I'll just hold my tongue and see what those people who are trying to run this will make of it. If it turns into a letdown, then so be it, if it turns out to be good, then that's great.

For now I'm not even going to bother anymore, I know the possibilities, or at least, I have a VERY good idea of the possibilities (not just in-game), but, alas, I'm not an admin, so the majority of what I say might mean something, but might as well be worth fuck all.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
BE
Rep:
67%
It's all good for the aw players but the majority of the RO players have been playing with this for years and are used to this, this would result in changing the game style completely on RO which alot of people wont like. Why not just fix it for AW if possible and just let RO stay the way it is.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
US
Rep:
67%
fix it please...
Downvote
2.7 years ago
PL
Rep:
65%
Quote from Someone:
Guys, we are fans of this game just like you and I do not understand this offensive. Be sure, that as an admins our goal is and always will be to improve quality of this game as we are here for you.

However do not request some decisions from us about issue which is not specified. We do not know how that left lean clip fix will look like, it is just an idea, without any real results.

Of course it will be included if most of community (not just active ones on forum) will request applying this into game

There will be always different opinions and there is no way to satisfy all.
If keso is that kind person to spend his time on this, that's great. But firstly we need to see the result of this left lean clip fix, then everyone will have possibility to test it out and form a real opinion about that. AND then it might be included
Downvote
2.7 years ago
GB
Rep:
54%
Post Likes: 1
There is no point discussing this until we see the fix in action like Nerv says.. so can we please stop drawing conclusions until we can see and test this?

I'm pretty sure if it works as intended we'd be open to consider it seeing as people would still be able to clip but they wont be able to abuse the fact they cant be seen or be unhitable, but until then lets wait and see. When and if the time comes, we can see what the community wants.

Edited once, 31/3/15 - 8:17am.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
NL
Rep:
45%
Quote from dreammm on the 31st of March 2015:
There is no point discussing this until we see the fix in action like Nerv says.. so can we please stop drawing conclusions until we can see and test this?

I'm pretty sure if it works as intended we'd be open to consider it seeing as people would still be able to clip but they wont be able to abuse the fact they cant be seen or be unhitable, but until then lets wait and see. When and if the time comes, we can see what the community wants.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
FR
Rep:
79%
Quote from loftzu on the 30th of March 2015:
It's all good for the aw players but the majority of the RO players have been playing with this for years and are used to this, this would result in changing the game style completely on RO which alot of people wont like. Why not just fix it for AW if possible and just let RO stay the way it is.

Left lean is a bug. Abusing bugs is forbidden
Downvote
2.7 years ago
BE
Rep:
67%
Quote from ArnO37 on the 31st of March 2015:

Maybe on AW but on RO it was allowed and always has been we played with it for ages and everybody got used to it and majority just eventually started using it themselves. What I mean is the majority of RO uses clipping nowadays and if this would get disallowed in the ladder alot of people would just continue on with playing pcw's. However don't get me wrong it should still get fixed if possible on AW as it was always been forbidden there but on RO we are used to this and it will be hard to consider if the community wants this or not i think. You can always try though
Downvote
2.7 years ago
OP
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from loftzu on the 31st of March 2015:
Quote from ArnO37 on the 31st of March 2015:

Maybe on AW but on RO it was allowed and always has been we played with it for ages and everybody got used to it and majority just eventually started using it themselves. What I mean is the majority of RO uses clipping nowadays and if this would get disallowed in the ladder alot of people would just continue on with playing pcw's. However don't get me wrong it should still get fixed if possible on AW as it was always been forbidden there but on RO we are used to this and it will be hard to consider if the community wants this or not i think. You can always try though

You seem to misunderstand something here fellow Belgian. There's nothing wrong with clipping, there is however something wrong with abusing a bug. If we fix the bug, clipping should be fine, right clipping as well as left clipping. Rylz talks about banning the use of the BUG(!) until the fix comes around (if they're happy with the quality of the fix at least)
Downvote
2.7 years ago
BE
Rep:
67%
You seem to misunderstand how the RO scene works. People are clipping because you are barely visible hence why people don't right clip. Its just suicidal. It's just how we are used to it.. You can't just come and change a mod people have used for 10 years.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
HR
Rep:
63%
I think I've said enough already, from this you can only continue this discussion.
Downvote
2.7 years ago
OP
BE
Rep:
68%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from loftzu on the 31st of March 2015:
You seem to misunderstand how the RO scene works. People are clipping because you are barely visible hence why people don't right clip. Its just suicidal. It's just how we are used to it.. You can't just come and change a mod people have used for 10 years.

Going to make myself look like a cunt, but basically you're saying the ro community is not right clipping because it's not bugged, doesn't give them an unfair advantage and it gets them killed.. How cute to call it "skills" when basically it's all about abusing the most disgusting bug that's ever plagued the game. (Well aware that's not all there is to RO, but you definitely point it out as being one of THE things RO's about)

Now I'm personally even more motivated to see it fixed.
Downvote
2.7 years ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
1426 Votes