Call of Duty 4

How to Ban Players easy by Demo - Page: 3

Thread started by th_hutch on Saturday, 10:57am October 5th with 52 replies. Views: 8,432

vod
Level: BRONZE
I hope you know that reviewing one demo without timestamps means you have to watch the whole demo, which clearly takes about 30 - 50minutes. Doing 5 demos correctly would mean over 5 hours per admin for 1 player. And you need 3 admins at least to get a good vote. That would mean that to bad one player, it would take 15 hours reviewing of demos. That is for one player. Knowing this community, there will be about a million players flagged 5 times in one day...
Posted 10:05pm Oct 6th 13
Lens
@ vod. your correct. but you admins have to do atleast one thing.. instead of ovoiding everything to take down cheaters .. just saying..
Posted 10:06pm Oct 6th 13
nFinity

@ vod. your correct. but you admins have to do atleast one thing.. instead of ovoiding everything to take down cheaters .. just saying..

Quote from Lens on the 6th of October 2013

Yeah well, we currently are watching demos if someone gets timestamped, so it's not like we're doing nothing
Posted 10:25pm Oct 6th 13
sugorT
And in the end everyone report everyone..
Posted 10:40pm Oct 6th 13
jUZE
takes the admins almost 1 month to process timestamps. Ridiculous tbh
We have a dispute open from the 9th of september, as stated in the euphoria thread the demo would be dealt with by 5 admins? why do 5 admins take already almost one month to vote if a demo is clean or not.
Beyond me...

So this system would put even a bigger workload on the admins so it is not desirable imo
Posted 10:55pm Oct 6th 13
qyU
th_hutch

I hope you know that reviewing one demo without timestamps means you have to watch the whole demo, which clearly takes about 30 - 50minutes. Doing 5 demos correctly would mean over 5 hours per admin for 1 player. And you need 3 admins at least to get a good vote. That would mean that to bad one player, it would take 15 hours reviewing of demos. That is for one player. Knowing this community, there will be about a million players flagged 5 times in one day...

Quote from vod on the 6th of October 2013

ye ofc you are right by this com this will happen cause everyone acusses everyone but still i want to state thats the system as it is right now is not rly good and we could just watch what they do and atm they do it that when a guy is flagged from players as a cheater the admin do a closer look to the player
Posted 10:56pm Oct 6th 13
TAKEOFFFROMMEBITCH
i think the idea is sound but we would need alot more admins to make the system work.
Posted 2:58am Oct 7th 13
belst
imo that is overkill and way to much work for the admins. one step could be that uploading demos is mandatory so u have to upload your demo even if its not requested. this would speed up the timestamping process at least because u dont have to request first then w8 till the guy uploads and so on. and if u make a nice upload form (like drag all demos from a match and drop them on the matchpage or so) it wont be that much work for the players so they could manage
Posted 9:09am Oct 7th 13
Jewmbo
We could like ask players we think hack for demos and timestamp it
ridiculous isn't it?
Posted 9:53am Oct 7th 13
nFinity

i have a completly new suggestion!
We could like ask players we think hack for demos and timestamp it
ridiculous isn't it?

Quote from Soulkey on the 7th of October 2013

Give this man a medal
Posted 12:48pm Oct 7th 13
ghkingMIXME
nice idea, but admins need to check it out and i think it will be just too much for admins.. i can flag someone as obv just cuz i can and if he is not obv we dont get anything and admins lost their free time, and admins are not robots they are people that dont hang on cg all the time
but as i said in first line, it is a really nice idea but needs to be a bit changed and looked by admins to find something from it.
any way +1! nice suggestion.
Posted 1:06pm Oct 7th 13
Daniye

takes the admins almost 1 month to process timestamps. Ridiculous tbh
We have a dispute open from the 9th of september, as stated in the euphoria thread the demo would be dealt with by 5 admins? why do 5 admins take already almost one month to vote if a demo is clean or not.
Beyond me...

Quote from jUZE<33 on the 6th of October 2013

+1 BIGTIME. Admins take ridiculous amounts of time to review STAMPED demos even. Such a system would lead to hilarious timespans of simple waiting for a decision to be made.
I do not accuse the admins of lacking dedication towards the ladder, but once you've waited for stamps to be processed for ONE MONTH, you kind of start to ask yourself wether those "ADMINS" still know that their job is to ADMINISTRATE this league.
Posted 2:34pm Oct 7th 13
mikey
like admins don't have anything better to do than checking demos all day.............
Posted 2:44pm Oct 7th 13
Daniye

like admins don't have anything better to do than checking demos all day.............

Quote from mikey on the 7th of October 2013
Well it would be like that if CG would use a system similar to that of CSGO.
The only thing I really meant to say was that they take (for whatever mysterious reasons) sometimes more than A MONTH to process like one single demo with 13 stamps or so on it. I don't wanna try go ahead and imagine them having to check NON STAMPED demos.
Nice zyzz pic there btw hrmhrm
Posted 2:53pm Oct 7th 13