Call of Duty 1

CoD1 Online Cup Community Movie

Thread started by spokY on Monday, 6:26pm March 19th with 10 replies. Views: 876

spokY
Level: BRONZE
- First of all, shoutout to PingPerfect.com for providing the servers for the tournament!

- Here it is guys, the community movie some of you have been waiting for! I feel like i worked really hard on this one altough I am not sure if I am satisfied with the result (once again). For the last few days I did nothing but edit this movie, from about 9am to 2am with some breaks, so if you hate something about it and want to express yourself, please go easy on me, I accept normal and structured criticism.

- Shoutout to waaKy as well, as he really helped me managing all the stuff!

My commentary on the movie
[SPOILER=SPOILER: Click to view]I really wanted to step up the cod1 movie game by having a non-stretched hud on a full hd format. I did that by connecting a second monitor that didn't even have to be 1920 pixels wide to let me record 1920x1536 clips. I also tried some cod4 scripts and commands and thanks to them I managed to record an alpha mask of the viewmodel and smooth cinematics rotating around the player model. Some of the cinematics may seem weird, but I was inspired by youtube.com/user/skezd 's style of cinematics (I don't know if he started it, but I know it from him), but I probably didn't pull that off so greatly. Some of the cuts may seem weird, but I was just trying my best to fit everything to the song. There are probably 2 or 3 clips that are laggy and that is because of the demos that were lagging. They weren't bad frags, so I would feel bad for not putting them in. I think I got the feature all of the frags maybe on some exceptions, where it was badly timestamped or something like that (sorry, I really don't have all the time in the world to go trough all your matches round by round). Also some of you might wonder how I got to record such smooth cinematics in the intro. Pick a non-scope sniper rifle, lean and zoom (for the lowest fov, a sniper rifle zoom is too low imo), press noclip, drawgun and draw2d 0 and record right away with lower timescale (the demos were laggy for me, might not be your case). Change your look left/right keys and adjust the sensitivity with cl_yawspeed.[/SPOILER]

- I hope you all enjoyed at least a little bit. I'm out for now, see you all later maybe.

every upvote is highly appreciated

spoky
Posted 6:26pm Mar 19th 18 and edited 8:16pm Mar 19th 18
vozER
I fkin love the fact people are still playing this game! <3
Posted 6:51pm Mar 19th 18
spokY

I fkin love the fact people are still playing this game! <3

Quote from vozER on the 19th of March 2018
Right? Its insane!
Posted 8:08pm Mar 20th 18
waaKy
Posted 7:01pm Mar 21st 18
spokY
Posted 7:56pm Mar 22nd 18
MAXX_
Amazing as I already said on YouTube and on Facebook, keep the good work, Spoky.
Posted 4:08am Mar 23rd 18
sjappiii
Great job bro! I loved it and now i miss playing cod1
Posted 7:29am Mar 23rd 18
spokY
@sjappiii Thanks so much! I think waaKy is hosting some more cod1 cups you may have a chance to play some cod1 again :D

@MAXX_ Thanks!!
Posted 11:19am Mar 25th 18
sjappiii

@sjappiii Thanks so much! I think waaKy is hosting some more cod1 cups you may have a chance to play some cod1 again :D

@MAXX_ Thanks!!

Quote from spokY on the 25th of March 2018
All my cod1 friends stopped playing or dont wanna play aw since they're from rifle only (they sheit)
Posted 12:52pm Mar 25th 18
Janzwe
Amazing movie spokY! Great to have people in the community who are willing to work hard for the greater good. Respect!
Posted 9:49pm Mar 25th 18
spokY

Amazing movie spokY! Great to have people in the community who are willing to work hard for the greater good. Respect!

Quote from Janzwe on the 25th of March 2018
Thank you so much Janzwe! It really means a lot to me (:
Posted 10:06pm Mar 25th 18