Call of Duty 2

Windows 10 versions, and mouse behave (tips and tricks)

Thread started by kebit on Friday, 3:03pm October 27th with 16 replies. Views: 4,254

kebit
Level: BRONZE
So hi guys. I decided to create this thread to gather all fixes, tricks, and tips to solve our biggest problem in the community.

The main reason why our CoD2 and sens acts differently is pretty simple.

Some old or older games like the CoD2 as well activating some kind of Windows Function which forcing all movement to be accelerated by the same amount, or it was doubled.
With this your cursor movement was simply doubled. It was a fix number. Not a variable, tho above XP and W7 this was changed by Microsoft with the "Mouse enchance" thing.

Of course you are able to turn this off in the mouse settings, even on your mouse, but this is a registry value and it does not turn off even you turn it off from the Control Panel.

Everybody know with this if you move 5 centimeter your mouse it could move 5cm or 7cm depends on how fast you move your mouse. With a slow "sweep" your mouse cursor gonna move slower, which means less pixel, but if you move it faster it's gonna move slightly faster which means more pixel.

First, to turn of this thing you are able to use the "MarkC windows mouse fix". This simply redefine the curve by the Enhance pointer acceleration" to a simple line. This means whatever mousepad you will use, the movement is going to be a simple straight line. Not an "upside down" not a sine-cosine function.

So if we have this, we can move to another possible fix which is hiding inside the Nvidia Control Panel. This fix called the "virtually pre rendered frames".
This controls how much going to be buffered from your CPU to your GPU. On lower value (like one) it means your cpu buffers 1 frame and sends it to your gpu and buffers this, and sends it to your display, one at the time. This allows you to play on kinda low latency cause bot of your CPU and GPU buffered only one frame at the same time.
If your CPU isn't good enough to handle such stuff - you'll get very noticeable tearing, because GPU and then display do not recieve enough frames to show.

If set to anything higher than 1(let's say 3) - CPU buffers 3 frames -> sends them to GPU -> GPU buffers those frames -> sends them to display, three at the time.

My opinion is that you should use the "1" value or let your CoD2 to decide the value. I am using "let my 3D settings adjust the value".

This applies to the "maximum pre rendered frames" option too.

If we applied these or tested out, we can move to our CoD2 properties.

Here we are able to run the game in compatibility mode. My CoD2 runs in a default mode, which means I did not tick the XP SP3 mode, or above.

Here, also you are able to tick the "override high dpi scaling" which was previously called "Disable display scaling on high-DPI settings".

The Application setting was previously referred to asIt also forces the process to run in per-monitor DPI awareness mode. Windows will be prompted not to bitmap stretch UI (User Interface) from the exe in question when the DPI changes.

The System setting will bitmap stretch the UI when the DPI changes.

The System (Enhanced) setting is for applications that are GDI-based Windows or Graphics Device Interface (GDI) scaling. It will DPI scale the application on a per-monitor basis. This means that application will definitely become per-monitor DPI aware.

I don't use this settings cause it can literally fuck up your mouse sens in cod2, but feel free to try it out.

If we are already tested these out, we should jump to the Rinput. Last time I talked bout the Rinput which adjust the polling rate. I made a mistake and it doesn't do anything with the polling rate. The program still forces to turn off the mouse acceleration. It inject himself to the program itself to remove the acceleration.

Here a little test about it :

https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/forum/topic/342-counter-strike-global-offensive-m_rawinput-vs-rinput/

So there are some possible fixes but as last time I mentioned this is all about feeling. I am using the markC mousefix, the Rinput, tho I am not running the game in compatibility mode.

There is a lot of variable, the hard part in this, that you have to test them out for yourself. Do not be a chicken and use different sens, or apply differenct mousefix ratio (100 - 125 - 150 - 200) or simply just don't run the game in compatibility mode.
Posted 3:03pm Oct 27th 17
kebit

MarkC Mousefix which fixes the acceleration with registry files:

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.hu/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

RInput which inject himself to the game, and eleminates the remaining acceleration:

https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/795-rinput-131-sequential-edition/
Posted 1:04pm Oct 28th 17
Monkkkkkkk
I have a question. my windows notch is 2, not 6 as default. am I gonna have problems with markc?
Posted 1:47pm Oct 28th 17
bil.
Posted 4:14pm Oct 28th 17
kebit

I have a question. my windows notch is 2, not 6 as default. am I gonna have problems with markc?

Quote from Monkkkkkkkk on the 28th of October 2017

No, I am playing on notch 2 as well.
Posted 4:28pm Oct 28th 17
bandiii92
kebit csinalj valamit mert felbasz :D:D:D neha magatol megy az eger mintha controllerrel jatszanek vagy valami az uj win update alatt
Posted 11:27am Oct 29th 17
Vanir

kebit csinalj valamit mert felbasz :D:D:D neha magatol megy az eger mintha controllerrel jatszanek vagy valami az uj win update alatt

Quote from bandiii92 on the 29th of October 2017
Egyelore nincs ra megoldas.
Posted 8:49pm Oct 29th 17
Janemba

This issue was making me goin crazy for a while since the W10 anniversary update.

I finally got the problem resolved 2 days ago, by simply checking for new Windows updates ;
The "Fall creators" update (1709) fixed everything.

Hope it will help
Posted 4:31am Nov 13th 17
carter.hr

Quote from kebit on the 28th of October 2017

No, I am playing on notch 2 as well.

Quote from Monkkkkkkkk on the 28th of October 2017

Can you explain how you can u use notch 2 in windows?
What dpi and sens are you using?
Posted 5:13pm Nov 23rd 17
Monkkkkkkk
Dots present notches in windows mouse settings. 6th notch (blue) is default.
In my case I play on 10000DPI and notch 2 in windows with 1.8 sens in cod and with cl_mouseaccel 0.001

Click Me
Posted 5:59pm Nov 23rd 17
carter.hr
Posted 7:22pm Nov 23rd 17
Purr

Dots present notches in windows mouse settings. 6th notch (blue) is default.
In my case I play on 10000DPI and notch 2 in windows with 1.8 sens in cod and with cl_mouseaccel 0.001

Click Me

Quote from Severus Snape on the 23rd of November 2017

Never change your windows sensitivity unless you really want to fuck it all up (pixel skipping and whatnot..).. and 10000 dpi, using a 400 inch monitor or something? lmao

on a sidenote: the creator's fall update doesn't fix it entirely, the problem is less, but now you have more ghosting going on and irregular sensitivity, still using rinput which seems to be the only fix available.
Posted 7:50pm Nov 23rd 17
Monkkkkkkk
I literally had and have no issues besides the sudden mouse accel which was caused by razer synapse which was fixed so ?D:?D :?D:D?:D?:D?:D?:D?:D?:D: :D?D: ?D?D?D:D?D
Posted 8:17pm Nov 23rd 17
Purr

I literally had and have no issues besides the sudden mouse accel which was caused by razer synapse which was fixed so ?D:?D :?D:D?:D?:D?:D?:D?:D?:D: :D?D: ?D?D?D:D?D

Quote from Severus Snape on the 23rd of November 2017

do some research and shove those silly smileys up your ass, cheeky little cunt haha x
Posted 8:27pm Nov 23rd 17
Monkkkkkkk