EU
PC
OP
DE
Rep:
83%
yo

played pubs yesterday and the day before that with zero issues, since today i'm having issues with the game being choppy.
it says that i have steady 250 fps ingame, yet it feels like fps drops.
the only thing i could really think of trying was reinstalling the game and i did that.
i've changed nothing software wise; the only hardware related "change" was that i knocked over the pc today because i'm a moron, which i hope to not be the cause.
i've checked if i have similar issues in other games, csgo in particular but that runs smooth without any problems.

any help is appreciated!
Downvote
3 months ago
DE
Rep:
86%
gl
Downvote
3 months ago
NL
Rep:
89%
> I always tell people to change the compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 3
> Set all affinities?
> New pc? Windows10? if you have windows10 and it's fully up-to-date you might want to put downgrade to an older "version/patch" of windows10. As you know cod2 is an old game and not very compatible on win10.

Since my Win10 was fully up-to-date I had mouse issues that's why I set back an older patch/version of Win10 and it fixed. No idea if this would help for you tbh
Downvote
3 months ago
HR
Rep:
88%
Post Likes: 1
aj ne seri mason
Downvote
3 months ago
OP
DE
Rep:
83%
Quote from masonn on the 9th of September 2017:
> I always tell people to change the compatibility mode to Windows XP service pack 3
> Set all affinities?
> New pc? Windows10? if you have windows10 and it's fully up-to-date you might want to put downgrade to an older "version/patch" of windows10. As you know cod2 is an old game and not very compatible on win10.

Since my Win10 was fully up-to-date I had mouse issues that's why I set back an older patch/version of Win10 and it fixed. No idea if this would help for you tbh

i've already got both the affinity and compatibility set up in the way you described it.
the issues started without any changes to anything, may it be hard- or software or windows updates that have been added.
that's what makes it so weird to me.

apart from cod2, dota2 shows the same symptoms, while multiple other games including csgo work flawlessly.
so far i've also tried moving cod2 from the ssd to the hdd, but that didn't help either.
i honestly have no idea what it could be aside from maybe some random faulty hardware.

i do appreciate you taking the time, regardless of how helpful it ends up being, so thank you
Downvote
3 months ago
HU
Rep:
88%
Post Likes: 1
hey boro!

i think your windows updated itself and that update might have made your cod2 shit. i'd suggest to reverse recent updates if possible.

Edited once, 10/9/17 - 6:23pm.
Downvote
3 months ago
OP
DE
Rep:
83%
i tried that already but no luck..
at this point i'll probably just do a fresh windows install and hope that that fixes it
Downvote
3 months ago
OP
DE
Rep:
83%
fixed it by switching the graphics card to a different slot, ty mason and ákos for trying to help!
Downvote
3 months ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
1434 Votes