I had a stable 250 fps, now its on 160.

Thread started by chrsb on Thursday, 11:21pm April 20th with 14 replies. Views: 1,358

chrsb
Level: BRONZE
So basically, a few days ago I had a stable 250 fps, now when i locked it on 250 its barely 170. So I have to lock it on 125.
Anyone knows why this would've happen? I tried yitch3 config, didnt make any difference, same with changing to a lower resolution/settings. Nothing seems to work. I reinstalled everything as well.
Thank you!
Posted 11:21pm Apr 20th 17
CUMEDYkkk
Posted 11:56pm Apr 20th 17
uReaL|OUIC
Maybe your graphic card or your CPU are overheated, and you need to clean them.

If not, you may have an additionnal application (maybe a virus) running that use your CPU. If so, I encourage you to format your PC, then reinstall.

Sorry if I can't help you much better.... and good luck.
Posted 1:18am Apr 21st 17
MARCELLL
Posted 1:34am Apr 21st 17
pmz.

I reinstalled everything as well.

Quote from chrsb on the 20th of April 2017

Do you mean everything as in a clean windows reinstall?
Posted 1:47am Apr 21st 17
Zero_1
I had it like 5 days ago, I dismantled my Laptop re-pasted thermal paste and formatted to new Windows. All is fine now
Posted 4:46am Apr 21st 17
uReaL|OUIC
Posted 2:32am Apr 22nd 17
chrsb

problem is now solved ?

Quote from uReaL|OUIC on the 22nd of April 2017

Hi, sorry for late answer. No, its not solved yet. I reinstalled my whole computer and it was fine for a few days, but now its back. And even worser, now its around 100 fps instead. And its literally unplayable, since I have a 144hz monitor and ye, you cant do shit with 100 fps.

Nothing seems to work, it works perfectly fine on my older computer with waaay worser components.
Posted 8:40pm May 3rd 17
pmz.
U have spare parts to put in and try to find the problem out? For example, it could be a faulty GPU or CPU is just overheating a lot. Run CPU Z, check your temps, also MSi afterburner to check GPU's temps. If nothing comes out of the temps, try replacing each part and checking if the problem persists. If the problem still persists, try main components on a new mobo or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months). Also check your voltage settings on BIOS. GL
Posted 11:02pm May 4th 17
Vanir

U have spare parts to put in and try to find the problem out? For example, it could be a faulty GPU or CPU is just overheating a lot. Run CPU Z, check your temps, also MSi afterburner to check GPU's temps. If nothing comes out of the temps, try replacing each part and checking if the problem persists. If the problem still persists, try main components on a new mobo or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months). Also check your voltage settings on BIOS. GL :)

Quote from pmz. on the 4th of May 2017
This.
Also dust your shit off.
Posted 4:28pm May 5th 17
ono
or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months)

what? more like every year
Posted 7:57pm May 5th 17
pmz.

or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months)

Quote from ono on the 5th of May 2017

www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2241334/apply-thermal-paste.html

Altough i don't need a forum to back my info up, even the paste guides say u should do it every 6 month. I do it between 3 and 6. Always good temps on the cpu and it's nice and fresh
Posted 2:14am May 6th 17
ono

Quote from pmz. on the 6th of May 2017

Altough i don't need a forum to back my info up, even the paste guides say u should do it every 6 month. I do it between 3 and 6. Always good temps on the cpu and it's nice and fresh :D

"Quality thermal interface material shouldn't dry out, but if you notice that your temperatures are rising it wouldn't be a bad idea to take apart and clean you system, including a thermal compound refresh"

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1v6v18/how_often_should_i_replace_my_thermal_paste/

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/36c6mn/how_often_should_i_replace_the_thermal_paste_of/

legit never heard of something so stupid, 3 months? lmao my 2500k @4.5ghz ran cool with the same arctic silver thermal paste for 3 YEARS at low temps

you know the thermal paste doesnt just work perfect straight away? you actually have to give it time till it works at optimum performance...

" it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired. "

www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

stop spreading bullshit, you almost never have to replace your thermal paste unless you remove the heat sink or you fucked up your inital application of the paste, in most cases when you have high temps it will be more likely to be a dust build up or a blocked radiator, "good" paste can last for years.

if your thermal paste is dry after 3 months then id suggest buying real thermal paste.
Posted 4:29pm May 6th 17
FrosteR

Quote from ono on the 6th of May 2017

Quote from pmz. on the 6th of May 2017

Altough i don't need a forum to back my info up, even the paste guides say u should do it every 6 month. I do it between 3 and 6. Always good temps on the cpu and it's nice and fresh :D

"Quality thermal interface material shouldn't dry out, but if you notice that your temperatures are rising it wouldn't be a bad idea to take apart and clean you system, including a thermal compound refresh"

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1v6v18/how_often_should_i_replace_my_thermal_paste/

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/36c6mn/how_often_should_i_replace_the_thermal_paste_of/

legit never heard of something so stupid, 3 months? lmao my 2500k @4.5ghz ran cool with the same arctic silver thermal paste for 3 YEARS at low temps

you know the thermal paste doesnt just work perfect straight away? you actually have to give it time till it works at optimum performance...

" it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired. "

www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

stop spreading bullshit, you almost never have to replace your thermal paste unless you remove the heat sink or you fucked up your inital application of the paste, in most cases when you have high temps it will be more likely to be a dust build up or a blocked radiator, "good" paste can last for years.

if your thermal paste is dry after 3 months then id suggest buying real thermal paste.

Mine has been going strong for 6 years now and still works fine lol
Posted 4:34pm May 6th 17
ono

Mine has been going strong for 6 years now and still works fine lol

Quote from FrosteR on the 6th of May 2017

hes probably used like 10 tubes of thermal paste in the past year, im still on my first arctic silver tube i bought in 2008 lmao
Posted 4:40pm May 6th 17