EU
PC
CZ
Rep:
84%
Usualy cheaters are not that dumb to make a mistake in just 8 rounds :

so you will not have so completely clear evidence in 8 rounds.

and another round of what would convict him because is doing nonsense movements admin dont see..

so admin tell you that (haxor) is clear

when i was cheathunter^^ in czleague i see demo from haxor and haxors teammates

and after that, I can say that it has really hax

but democrew dont have time for this .. and its all
Downvote
8 months ago
b1z
HR
Rep:
84%
Post Likes: 2
Still see no reason for ladder reset. Btw clanbase was so much better regarding plenty of things. I'm junior developer and really, to add option to choose whether to use CGAC in a match or no and to change winning/losing points doesn't require that much coding.

I don't know who came with all these changes and why + other politics here - but these suck.

SPOILER: Click to view
Downvote
8 months ago
CZ
Rep:
86%
Quote from zralokotarantuleThree on the 15th of March 2017:
Usualy cheaters are not that dumb to make a mistake in just 8 rounds :

so you will not have so completely clear evidence in 8 rounds.

and another round of what would convict him because is doing nonsense movements admin dont see..

so admin tell you that (haxor) is clear

when i was cheathunter^^ in czleague i see demo from haxor and haxors teammates

and after that, I can say that it has really hax

but democrew dont have time for this .. and its all
Yeah, I remember that some clean players (dont remember exact names, but I know that there were some) were also banned back in CZL times, so that "i see demo from haxor and haxors teammates" sentence is completely bullshit. Sometimes I say to myself that something what I did looked like obvious cheating, but usually it was just predicting opponent movements from what they did earlier in the match.
Downvote
8 months ago
NL
Rep:
88%
EU PC CoD2 Admin
Quote from b1z on the 16th of March 2017:
Still see no reason for ladder reset. Btw clanbase was so much better regarding plenty of things. I'm junior developer and really, to add option to choose whether to use CGAC in a match or no and to change winning/losing points doesn't require that much coding.

I don't know who came with all these changes and why + other politics here - but these suck.

That point you are mentioning @b1z is bullsh** . We made it mandatory to use CGAC, so there is no option to play with or without it since you need to use it EVERY match.
People were crying for this when they got "out-cheated " in a PUG. Now we made it mandatory for every single match and people are still not satisfied... Sometimes i seriously don't get this community or its crying.

Changing the points has nothing to do with codding, you simply need to re-add every single thing manually on CyberGamer.
Downvote
8 months ago
b1z
HR
Rep:
84%
Quote from Dutchboy on the 16th of March 2017:
That point you are mentioning @b1z is bullsh** . We made it mandatory to use CGAC, so there is no option to play with or without it since you need to use it EVERY match.
People were crying for this when they got "out-cheated " in a PUG. Now we made it mandatory for every single match and people are still not satisfied... Sometimes i seriously don't get this community or its crying.

Changing the points has nothing to do with codding, you simply need to re-add every single thing manually on CyberGamer.

Well as for points, why shall we change all the previous matches.. We can make it new rule from some point of time on. Who cares about kids which will be sad because they lost some points in the past, eh..

As for PUG, I agree that CGAC should be mandatory, but in ladder matches teams should be able to decide whether to play with or without CGAC. It causes laggs from time to time and some people have issues with it (for example milk's PC suddenly crashes, we don't know why)..

Btw I'm not crying, I'm just stating some of my opinions, tho I never played a PUG so I don't even care about it

Just miss good old CB Peace hoochie dutchie man
Downvote
8 months ago
NL
Rep:
88%
EU PC CoD2 Admin
Man @b1z i loveyou man hahahh:D I get your point, maby thats something we can look into for the future instead of resetting it over and over.

It is a thing you can actually play without CGAC if you are sure they won't lame you after the match. For example we could play vs rettans without cgac because im sure we both don't care to win or lose we just play to enjoy and not to lame. But if people start laming with it, you can actually lose or /cancel the match because both teams violated the rules than.

Even typing it in chat is not an agreement, therefore we forced cgac.
Downvote
8 months ago
NL
Rep:
86%
rip rank 1
Downvote
8 months ago
OP
BE
Rep:
86%
EU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
@b1z
There are a lot of things I would like to change, when I started COD2 on CG I wanted to implement some of the CB features.
- how the ranking system works
- conflict pages
- forfeits 10/120
- opening matches
- multiple ladders per clan
- the list goes on, was almost as long as the famous @supreme A4's.

Sadly not everything is possible / requires too much time or the motivation to code all the changes isn't there. I know that there are some massive differences between how CB works and how CG works (ladders / cups / some background stuff). Keep in mind that CG is fairly big in .AU so some changes we suggest might not make much sense to the .AU coders.

That being said, a lot of the suggestions were added, some bugs were fixed. I remember that a lot of people were bored of CB and wanted a more up to date website, now they have CG and they want to go back to CB. U work with what you have and you try to make the best of it.

@zralokotarantuleThree @hitzoR
I dont know that CZ league and maybe ur democrew / demoreviewing worked great but on CB and on CG we saw that people simply write too much. When writing timestamps they basicly write everything what the player in question does, they dont focus on what is "dodgy", they simply write everything down.

People dont just vote clean or not clean, they explain why they vote and based on what but most verdicts come back as (simplified version)
Quote from Someone:
18/20 timestamped rounds are clean, nothing really happends and in 2/20 rounds he does something funny but that doesn't mean anything

We want people to really check the demo, review it and then write down what they think is strange, I do think that if you really focus on what is important, 8 rounds is more than enough. That doesn't mean the democrew will only check those rounds but that will be their main thing to look at.

This will improve the timestamps made by the players, it will increase efficiency and it will keep the democrew more active. There is nothing more depressing than seeing 40 rounds of timestamps and having to write clean on every round.

Edited once, 16/3/17 - 7:08pm.
Downvote
8 months ago
b1z
HR
Rep:
84%
Okko @head, fair enough.

@Dutchboy , the main reason why I want CGAC to be optional is because admins are canceling the matches even both teams agree to play without and nobody is laming. As for me I don't care, I've got no issues with CGAC but sometimes I can't be arsed discussing with people and dealing with their problems.. That's all from me I guess, hasta la vista bejbe
Downvote
8 months ago
OP
BE
Rep:
86%
EU Site Admin
Okko @head, fair enough.

@Dutchboy , the main reason why I want CGAC to be optional is because admins are canceling the matches even both teams agree to play without and nobody is laming. As for me I don't care, I've got no issues with CGAC but sometimes I can't be arsed discussing with people and dealing with their problems.. That's all from me I guess, hasta la vista bejbe
We dont cancel matches if both teams agree to play with CGAC, CG does auto cancel matches if no scored is entered, maybe thats it?
Downvote
8 months ago
FR
Rep:
85%
I miss the good ol' hungarian conflict pages where you would see essays of "kurva anyad kurva anyad kurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyadkurva anyad"
Downvote
8 months ago
NL
Rep:
88%
EU PC CoD2 Admin
Quote from head on the 16th of March 2017:
Okko @head, fair enough.

We dont cancel matches if both teams agree to play with CGAC, CG does auto cancel matches if no scored is entered, maybe thats it?

That is the case because Smashval told me exactly the same thing. Those matches he showed me (4 of them) were all cancelled because of no score entered. We (the cod2 admin crew) won't cancel matches that are CGAC off if agreed. But like i've previously stated, if people start whining about it we might cancel it since both teams would have violated the rules (or if one team didn't run it, they will lose by forfeit) since the rule is clearly telling us it is mandatory and we can not make exceptions (KEEP IN MIND only if someone starts laming the opponent)
Downvote
8 months ago
HR
Rep:
88%
Why do you guys eaven answer to them @head @Dutchboy, you have agree between urselfs to do that and thats it.

On League of Legends is always ladder reset, noone complains,they again start to get their best scores about ranks and etc.

If you think that players are cheating,like some of them on some threads.
Then they will play again some matches and they will be asked for the demos,and you do again TS against them, and democrew / conflicts will be easier to solve for admins, faster.. so we won't need to wait like 356 days for it. Think smart! I agree with this solution from admin crew.

Downvote
8 months ago
NL
Rep:
87%
Quote from head on the 16th of March 2017:
This will improve the timestamps made by the players, it will increase efficiency and it will keep the democrew more active. There is nothing more depressing than seeing 40 rounds of timestamps and having to write clean on every round.
@head , I dunno if democrew needs to give explanation of every round, because atm I am not a member of the democrew. If so, that doesnt make any sense and is a lot of work extra for the democrew members. Why? Simply because you judge a demo by watching it completely and not judging it round after round. It doesnt matter if you fast forward sometimes, because most of the rounds are useless to watch, but you look for weird movement avoiding and timing of some rounds.

Imo only 8 timestamps per demo is bullshit, because to ban a cheater you need to have a much evidence as possible to convince the democrew. IMO something like this should be open for discussion with the community, some changes are good, but this one is really bad.

Quote from Dutchboy on the 16th of March 2017:
KEEP IN MIND only if someone starts laming the opponent
This is the problem of the challengers! Most people who play against each other with CGAC know each other, have seen each other on LAN or are online friends. IMO bad argument @Dutchboy

Edited 3 times, last edited 18/3/17 - 2:36am.
Downvote
7 months ago
OP
BE
Rep:
86%
EU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
Democrew / admins dont vote with just "clean or not clean", we actually require them to give more information why they think somebody is clean / not clean (what rounds / actions).

When I or the democrew review a demo, we first watch the timestamped rounds and when needed watch some extra rounds. There is no point in watching the entire thing if nothing happends. People write down basic stuff that everybody does, there is no need to lose time on these actions.

Its not the democrew's job to first search through all the rounds and then pick out the rounds that are dodgy, its the PLAYERS job to review the demo and write down the rounds he thinks are strange. We then review those rounds and watch extra rounds if needed.

Keep in mind that DC reviews a lot of demos so spending 3 days on single demo isn't possible.
Downvote
7 months ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
1199 Votes