z
OP
RO
Rep:
82%
Quote from keso on the 25th of November 2016:
Quote from FrosteR on the 25th of November 2016:
Try recording 100+ clips like that.

have about 70-80 cod4 clips / fragmovies so I've recorded a fair share using both avidemo and fraps. The only reason why fraps really saves you time is audio. Otherwise I would take the extra minute or two and get flawless quality.

Fraps is not very friendly with hardware and I've tried several times getting some good 1920x1080 footage with fraps and it's just hard to not get it to lag or freeze while recording for an extended amount of time.

Also @GERTU if you have multiple harddrives/ssd's try switching video output directory. Saving files to a harddrive other than the one you play from usually gives you a massive performance boost while recording with fraps.
I have just an SSD. But guess I'll buy an HDD...
Downvote
10 months ago
SE
Rep:
81%
Quote from GERTU on the 26th of November 2016:
Quote from keso on the 25th of November 2016:
Quote from FrosteR on the 25th of November 2016:
Try recording 100+ clips like that.

have about 70-80 cod4 clips / fragmovies so I've recorded a fair share using both avidemo and fraps. The only reason why fraps really saves you time is audio. Otherwise I would take the extra minute or two and get flawless quality.

Fraps is not very friendly with hardware and I've tried several times getting some good 1920x1080 footage with fraps and it's just hard to not get it to lag or freeze while recording for an extended amount of time.

Also @GERTU if you have multiple harddrives/ssd's try switching video output directory. Saving files to a harddrive other than the one you play from usually gives you a massive performance boost while recording with fraps.
I have just an SSD. But guess I'll buy an HDD...

dont buy a HDD. The clips will be very laggy in VEGAS in the preview window. I would suggest buying a 240gb or a 300gb SSD because you will minimize the size of the clips in VDUB anyway before you put them in vegas. Its the way I do it without loosing any quality and it saves me a lot of space on my SSD. Its a bit more expensive but its better in the long run.
Downvote
10 months ago
SE
Rep:
81%
I had the same problem ages ago. It was because my HD was running out of space so my FPS kept dropping lower and lower. Move the files to a different ssd and then record again. The fps will get better.
Downvote
10 months ago
OP
RO
Rep:
82%
Quote from lennzy on the 26th of November 2016:
I had the same problem ages ago. It was because my HD was running out of space so my FPS kept dropping lower and lower. Move the files to a different ssd and then record again. The fps will get better.
Can't I move them to an HDD and keep recording on my SSD?
Downvote
10 months ago
SE
Rep:
81%
Quote from GERTU on the 27th of November 2016:
Quote from lennzy on the 26th of November 2016:
Can't I move them to an HDD and keep recording on my SSD?

yeah ofcourse you can. I would still not buy a new HDD because it will lag in VEGAS while a new SSD wouldnt.
Downvote
10 months ago
OP
RO
Rep:
82%
I have 120 GBs free and still the same problem.
Downvote
10 months ago
DE
Rep:
83%
EU Site Admin
It's not about how much you have free, it's about big your mods folder is.
Downvote
10 months ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
869 Votes