EU
PC
z
IL
Rep:
71%
Quote from MARC on the 1st of November 2016:
If you search for csgo competitive you will find esl on page 2 and faceit or esea on 4/5
So i dont understand your point.... if you search for ladder then you will find cybergamer..... also the game isnt even live yet..

Cybergamer is doing just fine in Australia and New Zealand so i guess making a new / better site is pretty much unnecessary

Dunno if activision sponsors ladders. Only thing i know they don't give a sh*t about the PC version.

Fixed it for ya.
Downvote
10 months ago
SI
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 1
If you search for csgo competitive you will find esl on page 2 and faceit or esea on 4/5
So i dont understand your point.... if you search for ladder then you will find cybergamer..... also the game isnt even live yet..

Cybergamer is doing just fine in Australia and New Zealand so i guess making a new / better site is pretty much unnecessary

Dunno if activision sponsors ladders. Only thing i know they don't give a sh*t about the competitive scene.

the problem here is that cybergamer is pretty much a laughing stock in CSGO and thats why CODRM wont kick off if its main platform is cybergamer (which noone except these 200 people that used to play cod4 (or still play it god knows why :P) know > like strove said)
when we started playing CSGO (which was as soon as it got out) it was no more than ~20k people playing it but then thanks to updates and MAINLY thanks to a site that covered pretty much everything that was happening in the scene it skyrocketed in a year or so. that being said, you just cant have a community site here with all the news and stuff regarding CODRM (again IF it starts to grow or even if you wanted it to grow) because this is a platform not only for CODRM but for other games aswell, imagine faceit being the main platform for csgo

if you guys want to keep your admin status and create a community i suggest you kickstart a new TEK9 website (which was one of the best websites considering competitive cod back in the day) and run it as a community site (like HLTV) and let people who are doing competitive leagues for big titles (like CSGO, LoL and DOTA2, or even activision if theyre into creating a competitive game like csgo) do their work
Downvote
10 months ago
IL
Rep:
85%
I guess you can delete the ladder already.
Downvote
10 months ago
NL
Rep:
83%
Quote from mejo on the 3rd of November 2016:

Dunno if activision sponsors ladders. Only thing i know they don't give a sh*t about the competitive scene.

the problem here is that cybergamer is pretty much a laughing stock in CSGO and thats why CODRM wont kick off if its main platform is cybergamer (which noone except these 200 people that used to play cod4 (or still play it god knows why :P) know > like strove said)
when we started playing CSGO (which was as soon as it got out) it was no more than ~20k people playing it but then thanks to updates and MAINLY thanks to a site that covered pretty much everything that was happening in the scene it skyrocketed in a year or so. that being said, you just cant have a community site here with all the news and stuff regarding CODRM (again IF it starts to grow or even if you wanted it to grow) because this is a platform not only for CODRM but for other games aswell, imagine faceit being the main platform for csgo

if you guys want to keep your admin status and create a community i suggest you kickstart a new TEK9 website (which was one of the best websites considering competitive cod back in the day) and run it as a community site (like HLTV) and let people who are doing competitive leagues for big titles (like CSGO, LoL and DOTA2, or even activision if theyre into creating a competitive game like csgo) do their work

Nah, you're actually dead wrong. The reason why CSGO skyrocketed is because of the backing by the developers. They made it to be a competitive game. They wanted it to become a competitive game. So it became a competitive game. Valve did showmatches with 1.6 pro's to get people excited for the game. HLTV is merely a platform that people go to because it basically covers everything, because CSGO is a succesful game.

Also, the reason why cybergamer is 'the laughing stock' (dont know where you got that from but for now we'll assume its true), is because it had always featured old games (atleast for EU) so nobody considered it relevant. The new CSGO league actually had an HLTV post and reddit posts, so you're pretty much wrong on all points.
Downvote
10 months ago
SI
Rep:
78%
Quote from dynz on the 4th of November 2016:
Quote from mejo on the 3rd of November 2016:

Nah, you're actually dead wrong. The reason why CSGO skyrocketed is because of the backing by the developers. They made it to be a competitive game. They wanted it to become a competitive game. So it became a competitive game. Valve did showmatches with 1.6 pro's to get people excited for the game. HLTV is merely a platform that people go to because it basically covers everything, because CSGO is a succesful game.

Also, the reason why cybergamer is 'the laughing stock' (dont know where you got that from but for now we'll assume its true), is because it had always featured old games (atleast for EU) so nobody considered it relevant. The new CSGO league actually had an HLTV post and reddit posts, so you're pretty much wrong on all points.

it wasnt backed up by developers for most of the time (it still isnt) eventho pros requested some stuff to be changed they didnt change it, only thing that helped csgo grow so much was the arms deal update and thats pretty much it (and we cant say thats backing from developers because they did nothing to actually improve the game but just to milk the money from people who spend tons on skins, the improvements are coming so slow its ridiculous), thats where most of the succes comes from. + like 90% pros said they wont play the game when it came out. csgo had only like 20k concurrent users for like a year or so (2012 released, DH winter first 250k tourney in 2013)

the thing i wanted to say is that theres a community site where everyone comes to if they want to know about csgo competitive scene and thats HLTV, that was tek9 in cod4 and then everything got scattered

and ye dude, check out that post on hltv and check the prize money compared to anything else, only reason why cybergamer was published on hltv in the first place was becasue its an australian site and they report pretty much every tournament going on around the world and because their scene is so small and pretty much irrelevant, cybergamer is a big thing there (im not sure even if it is big in australia)

#notwrong

Edited once, 4/11/16 - 12:50pm.
Downvote
10 months ago
NL
Rep:
83%
Quote:
it wasnt backed up by developers for most of the time (it still isnt) eventho pros requested some stuff to be changed they didnt change it, only thing that helped csgo grow so much was the arms deal update and thats pretty much it (and we cant say thats backing from developers because they did nothing to actually improve the game but just to milk the money from people who spend tons on skins, the improvements are coming so slow its ridiculous), thats where most of the succes comes from. + like 90% pros said they wont play the game when it came out. csgo had only like 20k concurrent users for like a year or so (2012 released, DH winter first 250k tourney in 2013)

the thing i wanted to say is that theres a community site where everyone comes to if they want to know about csgo competitive scene and thats HLTV, that was tek9 in cod4 and then everything got scattered

and ye dude, check out that post on hltv and check the prize money compared to anything else, only reason why cybergamer was published on hltv in the first place was becasue its an australian site and they report pretty much every tournament going on around the world and because their scene is so small and pretty much irrelevant, cybergamer is a big thing there (im not sure even if it is big in australia)

#notwrong

Have you followed the CS reddit at all lately? Updates are rolling out quicker than ever.
Also, you're still missing the point. The focus of a game like CSGO is purely the competitive aspect. There is no single player. Matchmaking with ranks was implemented from the start, really putting it on the map as a competitive game.

Pro's that didnt want to swap were mostly players that were still really in love with 1.6 (for all the right reasons at that) and because, in the beginning, the game actually wasn't well optimized and wasn't even that complete yet.

Still tho, they managed to pull off the 'impossible', by turning a broken game into a succesfull game and really active game. Skins had a lot to do with is, so much exposure and money being put into that. This didn't help the players or the events at first, that only started happening with sticker money.

So, it was published on hltv because it is an australian site? Seems legit. Not.
It was published because it was a ladder for CSGO with, for an amateur league (!) a decent prize pool.

Call of Duty will never be a competitive PC game again. Not because we don't have a site like HLTV, or because Cybergamer is the 'laughing stock' and not even because Tek9 is gone (thought it is dearly missed).

The number one reason, and also the biggest reason is still, that Activision, or Raven, or any studio that brings out a CoD game at that, will always focus on Console 4v4 play and do not, will not and have never cared about the PC platform for competitive CoD.

Even if CoD got a site like HLTV the PC version would still not be fit for competitive play?

Why?

Dedicated servers, Customization, Optimization, 5v5 gameplay (I think one of the CoD's had a team competitive mode, but it was 4v4 because it was a fucking console port).

Well, that's enough, got important stuff to do ^^
Downvote
10 months ago
SI
Rep:
78%
Quote from dynz on the 4th of November 2016:
Quote:

#notwrong

Have you followed the CS reddit at all lately? Updates are rolling out quicker than ever.
Also, you're still missing the point. The focus of a game like CSGO is purely the competitive aspect. There is no single player. Matchmaking with ranks was implemented from the start, really putting it on the map as a competitive game.

Pro's that didnt want to swap were mostly players that were still really in love with 1.6 (for all the right reasons at that) and because, in the beginning, the game actually wasn't well optimized and wasn't even that complete yet.

Still tho, they managed to pull off the 'impossible', by turning a broken game into a succesfull game and really active game. Skins had a lot to do with is, so much exposure and money being put into that. This didn't help the players or the events at first, that only started happening with sticker money.

So, it was published on hltv because it is an australian site? Seems legit. Not.
It was published because it was a ladder for CSGO with, for an amateur league (!) a decent prize pool.

Call of Duty will never be a competitive PC game again. Not because we don't have a site like HLTV, or because Cybergamer is the 'laughing stock' and not even because Tek9 is gone (thought it is dearly missed).

The number one reason, and also the biggest reason is still, that Activision, or Raven, or any studio that brings out a CoD game at that, will always focus on Console 4v4 play and do not, will not and have never cared about the PC platform for competitive CoD.

Even if CoD got a site like HLTV the PC version would still not be fit for competitive play?

Why?

Dedicated servers, Customization, Optimization, 5v5 gameplay (I think one of the CoD's had a team competitive mode, but it was 4v4 because it was a fucking console port).

Well, that's enough, got important stuff to do ^^

dude youre missing the point, ofc it needs backup from the developers and actually being updated in order to be a decent game, all the things i stated in the original post was IF everything goes to plan the new community will need a proper community site unlike cybergamer.

"Well, that's enough, got important stuff to do ^^"...right :'D
Downvote
10 months ago
FR
Rep:
87%
I think they should do smth like csgo
5v5 random matchmaking random map with ranks would be nice :/
Downvote
10 months ago
IR
Rep:
78%
Quote from supMEH on the 4th of November 2016:

they haven't done this for other call of duty's , and wont do it for this one aswell .
Downvote
10 months ago
DE
Rep:
85%
Quote from supMEH on the 4th of November 2016:

they could have made this a big rival to cs go if they wanted to, with such features as 5v5 matchmaking with an integrated promod (srsly it wouldn't take them long to do it), skins, record feature etc (basicaly an updated promod with improved graphics and features like csgo has) but they just don't care as they make most of their money from console.

maybe if they release mod tools in time game won't be dead within a few months.
Downvote
10 months ago
OP
NL
Rep:
85%
EU PC CoD4 Admin
Hello guys,

The ladder is on hold atm. Dunno if or when its going live.
First thing i want to do is wait for the first real update were some problems hopefully will be fixed. Till then i want to wait. Most of the match settings etc are set allready. Only need to find a solution for the not able to record problem
Downvote
10 months ago
GB
Rep:
87%
Anyone getting the bug where they are stuck on the map loading screen then server timed out?
Downvote
10 months ago
OP
NL
Rep:
85%
EU PC CoD4 Admin
Its a known issue - https://support.activision.com/articles/nl_NL/FAQ/Known-Issues-in-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered

Dunno if you can solve it. But it should be solved with next patch thats coming this week
Downvote
10 months ago
GB
Rep:
37%
cant wait Team inK Ready when is it starting ?
Downvote
10 months ago
US
Rep:
65%
Leggo
Downvote
10 months ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events