PC
z
Entrance fee 100 euros
26.9%
Entrance fee 50 euros
73.1%
Total Votes: 93   Last vote: 2:02pm 17/4/16
Poll closed: 1.4 years ago
Only users who have been registered for over 6 months can vote.
Only one vote per IP is allowed

NL
Rep:
86%
Head makes good points, I didn't really read into the format but a ladder is very unlikely to work indeed.

A series of pay2play cups could work better, perhaps.

Just thinking out loud here:

Entry free 60 euro per team, and make that a series of 3 cups.

Prizepool per cup: 20 x the amount of teams

Cup system works better than a ladder, and when there are 3 smaller cups rather than 1 large one, more teams get a chance to win something. And with a 60 euro sign up fee at the start the teams are forced to commit.

the problem is though that running 3 cups in a row will take quite some time, so deadlines would have to be strict. Can also make it a 50 euro sign up fee and then divide that over 2 cups, for example.

Just thinking out loud!
Downvote
1.4 years ago
HR
Rep:
87%
50 is enough for online imo
Downvote
1.4 years ago
NL
Rep:
88%
good idea blue, but i agree with head (LOL), I think you should make it a pay to play cup.

You could also host weekend cups again as they did before tls, with a smaller entree fee (or no entree fee) but every weekend. I don't think its necessary to add money to the cup to motivate ppl more to participate.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
NL
Rep:
86%
bi-weekly might be better, it has to remain kind of special

better to have a great cup every two weeks rather than an average one every week imo. but you can also try to do it weekly and then change it to bi-weekly if it doesnt work out
Downvote
1.4 years ago
BE
Rep:
87%
I agree with Head
Downvote
1.4 years ago
PL
Rep:
36%
Post Likes: 1
jesus christ... can't believe people don't know the difference between league and ladder... don't you know how leagues are working? everytime everything comes down to these boring ladders -_-

in league you have to play twice with each team and in the end of a season, half teams proceeds to the playoffs, where they will play for an actual money.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
RU
Rep:
85%
Team BROTHERS will play for sure
Downvote
1.4 years ago
NL
Rep:
85%
I agree, during the summertime a cup won't work in my opinion. If we could organise something like a league (the way it is in football or something like that), the teams don't got the oppertunity to laddercamp like stated. Everyone plays everyone, you can set boundaries on the time to play the "round".

with the league system every team plays every other team in the league once or twice depending on the size of the league... (so you can't blame it on bad drawing when you loose).

I agree that a play to play thing would be nice, and my vote would go to a leaguesystem, where after the last playround the top 3 receives the prizes....

to make it clear...A LEAGUE IS NOTHING LIKE A LADDERSYSTEM
Downvote
1.4 years ago
DE
Rep:
88%
eyeshow interested !

I voted for 100 euro +1
Downvote
1.4 years ago
SI
Rep:
88%
Quote from blueangel on the 7th of April 2016:

-Duration 13th of June to 12th of September

its summer i can smell problem scheduling all the stuff.
but its nice idea, hope you make it real
Downvote
1.4 years ago
PL
Rep:
87%
Agree with head too , just no leaguesystem. Just make some serious cup like Euro Cup . Teams can play one match per week or somethink like that. It will be rly great .Even if cup will be in summer teams can add some subs to team etc. My opinion
Downvote
1.4 years ago
DE
Rep:
89%
50 eu its ok and prizepot not only for first 3 teams .
Downvote
1.4 years ago
GB
Rep:
88%
Would be nice to try keep the game kinda active / competitive in the summer period which is normally a struggle to do.

+league
-ladder
-cup

Stick to your original idea of a league, it would obviously work better than a ladder.

League:

+Lasts the whole summer
+lots of competitive games for all teams involved
+won't get heavily delayed by 1 match, other teams can carry on as normal (unless maybe toward the end of the tournament)

-teams that realise they're not in with a chance for the money anymore, might stop participating and give out free wins (I would say you can noshow 2 games maximum, if any more then just disqualify that team and make all results void)

Would be nice for the top 4 ranked teams to go into a semi-final play-off at the end of the league.

Also, I think 50euro would be better. As you can see the vote is quite split, but just imagine, if you choose 100euro, you might get rid of half of the teams, whereas if you choose 50 euro, you'll get maximal teams (which is what really matters imo)
Downvote
1.4 years ago
HR
Rep:
87%
Idea is great tbh, but period of cup duration is just wrong... Most of players will be inactive during the summer, so maybe you should try to make it after tommorowlan is over. Then people will have actual reason and motivation to keep playing this game.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
NL
Rep:
86%
Quote from Hatton on the 8th of April 2016:
Would be nice to try keep the game kinda active / competitive in the summer period which is normally a struggle to do.

+league
-ladder
-cup

Stick to your original idea of a league, it would obviously work better than a ladder.

League:

+Lasts the whole summer
+lots of competitive games for all teams involved
+won't get heavily delayed by 1 match, other teams can carry on as normal (unless maybe toward the end of the tournament)

-teams that realise they're not in with a chance for the money anymore, might stop participating and give out free wins (I would say you can noshow 2 games maximum, if any more then just disqualify that team and make all results void)

Would be nice for the top 4 ranked teams to go into a semi-final play-off at the end of the league.

Also, I think 50euro would be better. As you can see the vote is quite split, but just imagine, if you choose 100euro, you might get rid of half of the teams, whereas if you choose 50 euro, you'll get maximal teams (which is what really matters imo)

Hatton is completely on point.

I really like the idea of a play-off system for the top 4, can even extend it to top 8 if enough teams participate. (maybe make it so that 4-8 plays an additional round, so that finishing top 4 has an advantage).

"-teams that realise they're not in with a chance for the money anymore, might stop participating and give out free wins (I would say you can noshow 2 games maximum, if any more then just disqualify that team and make all results void)"

This is a serious problem indeed.

@mateo hndsm. The point of this league is to stimulate activity during the summer (which is always a boring period for cod2). This is particularly important because teams are more likely to go to Tomorrowlan2 if cod2 isnt completely dead during the summer. So i dont really see the point of organizing it after TL2.
Downvote
1.4 years ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
458 Votes