CoD2 fps help

CoD2 fps help

Thread started by kljajakeyz on Saturday, 4:31pm March 5th with 11 replies. Views: 2,013

kljajakeyz
Level: BRONZE
Hello guys. I have problem, bought new computer recently spec: R9 390 8GB DDR5, AMD A10 7870k 3.9 GHz, 16GB ram memory and i cant lock 250fps. I know this graphic card can run easily more fps than 250. On my last computer i3 3.3 ghz, gt 640 and 4gb ramm i had 250 lock. I dont know whats the problem, please help me, my windows is 10. Sorry for my english.
Posted 4:31pm Mar 5th 16
myss
Level: PLATINUM
Posted 4:34pm Mar 5th 16
qwixeR
Same happened to me when I played COD2 on WIN10 i couldn't have 250fps lock no chance at all even with the latest gpu drivers and so on... I had many more problems with COD2 on WIN10 like sensitivity problems.

Thats why I changed to win7 and now I have 250fps lock.

I do not know if the problem for you is the windows but for me it was.
Posted 4:48pm Mar 5th 16
Monkkkkkkk
Had the same problem. Do what miss said. Updating GPU drivers helped me.
Posted 4:50pm Mar 5th 16
moOdy_saiyan
Happend to me aswell with my GTX 960 card...It seems that you have to reinstal old driver before instaling the new one. I have win 10 and I can now normally lock from 250-1000fps. Also nvidia users have gpu control panel where you can modify graphic stuff so try to DL same thing for ATI
Posted 6:21pm Mar 5th 16
mateo J.K
man u wasted money srlsy, combining high end graphics card with shitty apu ... just lol... btw your cpu is huge bottleneck for your gpu, and thats probably the reason why u can't lock 250.

ps, buy new cpu.
Posted 6:59pm Mar 5th 16
hitzoR
I don't even know why someone buys AMD CPU, since they're just shit comparing to Intel. 3.9GHz AMD is like.. 2.5GHz Intel?
Posted 7:15pm Mar 5th 16
mateo J.K

I don't even know why someone buys AMD CPU, since they're just shit comparing to Intel. 3.9GHz AMD is like.. 2.5GHz Intel?

Quote from hitzoR on the 5th of March 2016

its not even about speed, its about pure core power, which makes intel absolute monster over amd
Posted 7:29pm Mar 5th 16
hitzoR

Quote from mateo7 on the 5th of March 2016

its not even about speed, its about pure core power, which makes intel absolute monster over amd

Yeah, that's what I just mentioned, lol. 3.9GHz is 3.9GHz, but the computing power of AMD is much lower than Intel's, so 3GHz Intel easily beats 3.9GHz AMD.
Posted 10:44pm Mar 5th 16
sou1ex
Most probably cod2 is running on 1 core, follow the below steps to check:

1. Open task manager, find Call of Duty 2, right click on it and press on "Go to details"

2. Right click on the highlighted process, which should be CoD2_mp, click on "Set affinity", tick on "all processors" and press on "OK".

3. Close task manager and open CoD2 to check the frame rate.
Posted 12:00pm Mar 6th 16
t0x

Are you guys serious?
He bought a new high-end CPU, which can run every modern game you throw at him. WITH EASE. Therefore, there is no way your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU.

Your comparations are stupid. It's like saying, OMG your VW has 100kW, that is like 150kW in a Renault? Seriously?
CPU frequency in the past was a synonym for CPU power, but today it is not. Get you facts straight.

What you can do (since obv. hardware is not a problem):

- before everything else check for the latest GPU drivers (ATI in the past had a lot of problems with the drivers, especially with the newest GPUs, so it's important to update them regularly)
- try to put CoD2mp.exe in services to Affinity realtime and check if all of the cores running the game (although one of your cores should do the job)
- when ingame, try commands such as: com_hunkmegs 512 , r_multigpu 1
- strange as it is, some people have problems locking 250fps when their resolution is below 1024x768
- if all this fails, it's up to win10 and you should focus on that as the main problem
Posted 12:38am Mar 7th 16
sou1ex

Quote from tox? on the 7th of March 2016

Are you guys serious?
He bought a new high-end CPU, which can run every modern game you throw at him. WITH EASE. Therefore, there is no way your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU.

Your comparations are stupid. It's like saying, OMG your VW has 100kW, that is like 150kW in a Renault? Seriously?
CPU frequency in the past was a synonym for CPU power, but today it is not. Get you facts straight.

What you can do (since obv. hardware is not a problem):

- before everything else check for the latest GPU drivers (ATI in the past had a lot of problems with the drivers, especially with the newest GPUs, so it's important to update them regularly)
- try to put CoD2mp.exe in services to Affinity realtime and check if all of the cores running the game (although one of your cores should do the job)
- when ingame, try commands such as: com_hunkmegs 512 , r_multigpu 1
- strange as it is, some people have problems locking 250fps when their resolution is below 1024x768
- if all this fails, it's up to win10 and you should focus on that as the main problem

Agree with everything he said
Posted 2:13pm Mar 7th 16