my cod2 crashes when grenade kills me.

my cod2 crashes when grenade kills me.

Thread started by scarydude on Friday, 6:47pm December 25th with 5 replies. Views: 1,792

scarydude
Level: BRONZE
so i have this problem...i did install cod 2 without any problems on steam. ofc i need to put something into mic jack so MP starts working. My problem here is if i get hit with grenade i crash the game and same happens if i use shift to hold breathe while using sniper. Do you know what it might cause this problem? i have the latest drivers for graphic card and the rest...when it crashes it does not give any particular error just that it stopped working...anyone has a clue how to fix this? im writing here becouse its tech support and maybe someone will be able to give a solution as no one had any problems like this and sorry for my bad english
Posted 6:47pm Dec 25th 15
myss
Try reinstalling DirectX, some GPU drivers ship different versions of it from which some are known to cause problems with older games..
Posted 6:50pm Dec 25th 15
scarydude

Try reinstalling DirectX, some GPU drivers ship different versions of it from which some are known to cause problems with older games..

Quote from miss on the 25th of December 2015
as im a noob at this stuff:) should i download direct x from microsoft site? do i need to delete old one? and then install new or just install?
edit:so i downloaded direct x 11 as i have version 12 and i could not install it at all as i have the newer 1..i should mention that i have win 10 ? that does play any role in this?
Posted 6:52pm Dec 25th 15 and edited 7:09pm Dec 25th 15
robekk
right click on cod2 icon, compatibility, select run this program in compatibility mode for win xp, and bottom check box run this program as an administrator then try....
Posted 8:09pm Dec 25th 15
scarydude
god bless for the most easy fix ever-.- do you know how stupid i feel now -.-?:) happy xmas and ty for help!!!:)
Posted 8:12pm Dec 25th 15
robekk
Posted 8:14pm Dec 25th 15