EU
PC
z
OP
GB
Rep:
54%
This is a tutorial to help guide you to set up your Call of Duty 1 server

Step 1 - Download the latest PAM v1.10 here. (please note that download link was changed as of 14/04/2015 so anyone that downloaded this PAM before this date will need to re-download this version)

Step 2 - Unzip the .pk3 file using winRAR and place the file into the callofduty/main folder using the server FTP or control panel. Make sure all other mods are not on the server otherwise they may conflict with the PAM.

Step 3 - If you now start your server, the PAM mod should be in effect. To set the correct PAM mode depending on relevant ladder, type in rcon pam_mode followed by

CoD1 S&D
- cg
- cg_practice (without strat time)

CoD1 S&D Rifles
- cg_rifles
- cg_practice_rifles (without strat time)

Please note that the server must be set to S&D before changing pam_mode. PAM only supports S&D modes for now. In the case we are to release more gametypes in the future, PAM will be updated accordingly to support these gamemodes.

Step 4 - Now that PAM is set up, you can set up the server to stream to PBBans.

If you already have PBBans account, you may now proceed to next step, and if you don't have PBBans account, you will have to register there first. While filling registration form, make sure you set "Are you a Server Admin?" box to "Yes". After that you will have to validate your account registration through email message. After this you are ready to login into PBBans forums and proceed to next step.

Step 5 - In this step we're gonna prepare our server for streaming via "Automated Streaming Setup". The good thing about PBBans is that you don't have to do this step ingame like on some other PunkBuster streaming services, you just have to allow your browser to run Java applet (see here if you have java permissions issue) and after that you can do the whole thing online.

Here's example of successfully filled "Automated Streaming Setup" form:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/uZWlzoU.png[/img]

Note: Your messages will be slightly different since it will apply to CoD1 and this server was already streamed, but in general following message means that everything was okay during setup: "[MSG] No error occured during setup. Server should be ready to stream".

Step 6 - If you already have your streaming account you can skip to next step. Just to clarify, this one is not PBBans account, it's something like a subaccount in your PBBans account. So if you don't have it, you will have to make it by filling and submiting streaming application.
"PBBans Full Streaming" and "PBBans Lite Streaming", how to know which one do I need? The main difference between these two streaming account types is pretty simple, players who have their own gaming organization, and then so a fully operational website can apply for a "Full Streaming", and all the other players can apply for "Lite Streaming" which doesn't require website.
In application form following boxes are required: Team information - "Name, Tag, Email", User information - "PB GUID, Game, Server IP & Port".
After you submit application, you will get a message about confirming your streaming account to your email in period from 24 to 48 hours.

Step 7 - Now that you have entered into your streaming account click "Manage Servers" button in your "Team Control Panel". It will lead you to "Server Overview". From there select Call of Duty 1 and click "Add new server". This will lead you to another page, in there you will have to fill in your server details.

It is advisable to have the following option ticked when adding server - Enforce MBi and UMBi bans to not allow players with banned guids to play. Please make sure you have ticked the CyberGamer enhanced league option in order for server logs to be verified by CG admins.

Please note that we have a custom cvar list so the PBBans cvar and md5 checks are not completely sufficient.

Step 8 - The final step is to make sure the latest CG Cvar & MD5 checks are enabled on the server. Please download the Cvar & MD5 list here and add the files to the call of duty/pb folder of the server. Please also add the PBSV.cfg file into the PB server which should allow the Cvar & MD5 checks to take effect automatically. Please note of this is added after setting up streaming and streaming has stopped after adding these files, run step 5 again.

Your server should now be fully set up to be ready for CG CoD1 Ladders. If you still have any issue's please speak to a CG CoD1 admin either via IRC on #cg.cod1 or forums.

Useful links

PAM v1.10 Mod - Download
PunkBuster Client Folder - Download
PunkBuster Server Folder - Download
Cvar & MD5 List - Download
PB Server Config - Download

Edited 9 times, last edited 14/4/15 - 11:18am.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
FR
Rep:
79%
Niiiiiiiice
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HU
Rep:
67%
Post Likes: 1
timer for the bomb is useless....
Downvote
2.5 years ago
FR
Rep:
79%
Round from 2:15 to 2:10 : why not, seems positive to me
Bomb timer from 60 to 50 seconds : wtf? no opinion for now
Bomb timer shown on the screen : NO WAY LOL REALLYYY REMOVE PLZ
Left lean : seems good from what i saw in thirdperson

Good work but some changes may not be very well accepted !

---> Whine gate open <---
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
54%
Quote from OVERiDEocto on the 6th of April 2015:

It's still set to 2.15 in settings, just the time is 2 minutes 10 seconds.

The bomb timer should be set to 60 seconds, where is it set to 50 seconds?

Left lean hasn't been touched either, it's still the same as before.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
72%
Any changes in the rifle pam? Where's the changelog when u need it :p
And btw why have u added strat time it will get abused again (lagbinding in start time makes u go ahead)
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
54%
Quote from poepKind on the 6th of April 2015:
Any changes in the rifle pam? Where's the changelog when u need it :p
And btw why have u added strat time it will get abused again (lagbinding in start time makes u go ahead)

Rifle pam modes are pretty much the same, just a minor ready up change where you can kill each other.

If you think someone lag binds at the start of rounds, get their demo (they should keep going 999 at the start if they do it I believe) and you can check for fps binds in server log if they do it that way.

For normal scrims just use pam_mode cg_practice_rifles where theres no strat time so its not abused in pcws.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
US
Rep:
65%
you shud remove bomb timer. Atleast for AW. since it has nvr shown timer. makes all much more... exiting otherwise the it workd well.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
54%
What's wrong with having a bomb timer? All I can see so far is because its different and new?

It's alot more convenient than say carrying a stopwatch/timer. All the more recent cod games have it so it's actually a more useful feature to have if anything.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
64%
Quote from McFlySTAR on the 6th of April 2015:
timer for the bomb is useless....

Quote from OVERiDEocto on the 6th of April 2015:

Quote from Anglhz on the 6th of April 2015:
you shud remove bomb timer. Atleast for AW. since it has nvr shown timer. makes all much more... exiting otherwise the it workd well.

AS I told to dream and rylz. My opinion is the same: remove the bomb timer.

The time not knowing how long is the bomb planted is an element of cod1 since 2003. Its about the behavior and actions by the player(s) to not know the exact second. The planter can just look the last second before the defuse could be completed. The defuser could deeply plan how to defuse and stuff. Cod2 did this shit, also turned backround sounds off. shityee. With clock it would be a difference, without it would be a tension, it would be normal, it would be that classic, what Call of Duty Classic is, after its 12 years... YEPYEP

no bomb timer
cb_custom times
bomb timer default
strat 10 seconds
i could do colors for players left and messages in pam like last pam 1.09 in clanbase (was my pam)
i could do forcing client commands from serverside (maxpackets, snaps??)
i could write atuorecord demo or info for players to record demo.
btw, i could try do tdm pam maybe.
maxpackets 100 or IN 60 100

Edited once, 7/4/15 - 3:01am.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
54%
All that tension can be countered if your opponent uses their own stopwatch/timer. I've known several people doing it this way in the past so now everyone's on a level playing field and this game isn't so outdated.

There is actually a small mistake in the PAM regarding times. Round length should be set to 2:15 as before instead of 2:09 as it is now, so I've changed the PAM to reflect this. EVERYONE WILL NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE NEW PAM HERE.

Everything else, we're happy with for now and will see how it goes (strat time of 10 seconds is far too long!). PAM colours isn't so important so we can consider it for the next update if we are to release new game modes. I will let you know if we need this in future.

Forcing client commands such as maxpackets I wouldn't recommend since people will want their own values within the range, however if the autorecord feature can be implemented, this would actually be useful to have.

Edited twice, last edited 7/4/15 - 10:29pm by RYLZ.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
64%
hey dream, i found some code for autorecord in cg pam. Autorecord isnt working?

cod2 pam has also colors btw. and the clock is still shit!

Also i found the option about hitblip, why is this there? for rifle only? and why this isnt activated then?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
64%
I got asked why i am against this timer.

I played cod2 for a big while, and the behaviour of planter and defuser is predictable.
Thats shit. Understand. 15 seconds are left for defuse. The planter will not show, he will hide, because he have a high percentage to get this round. Without this clock, the match is going on with frag+hide+shots and you dont know the exact seconds, the planter need to probably look whats going on, will there be a defuse, could the axis defuse, and so on. This is the tension, this was cod1.

All matches i know where played like this (since pam is in use).

-Also rylz wrote rifle only /or v1.1 is playing with clock.
Isnt it codeable to take the clock as an option to turn it on for rifles and for all weapons not?
Serious, easy to code for me. iF THIS SHOULD BE THE PROBLEM.

i hope i am understandable in english. Regards

Edited once, 7/4/15 - 5:21pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HU
Rep:
67%
Quote from REISSUE on the 7th of April 2015:

I played cod2 for a big while, and the behaviour of planter and defuser is predictable.
Thats shit. Understand. 15 seconds are left for defuse. The planter will not show, he will hide, because he have a high percentage to get this round. Without this clock, the match is going on with frag+hide+shots and you dont know the exact seconds, the planter need to probably look whats going on, will there be a defuse, could the axis defuse, and so on. This is the tension, this was cod1.

Isnt it codeable to take the clock as an option to turn it on for rifles and for all weapons not?

100%true! delete the timer!
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
54%
Quote from REISSUE on the 7th of April 2015:

Once again, what stops somebody from doing this using their own stopwatch/timer? Believe it or not, people do do this.
Downvote
2.5 years ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
540 Votes