EU
PC
z
OP
DE
Rep:
72%
Is there still something like irc, is there a any activity during the week?
Whats the average time you need spend for finding a match?
Are there any decent public servers?

I just recognized that there's a Stream which hasn't been there in the past years. Furthermore a couple of LAN events and a decent activitiy on CG.

Would you recommend to play cod2 again?

I'm curiously looking forward to get as many answers as possible.

Marvin

Edited twice, last edited 3/4/15 - 1:40pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
79%
Post Likes: 1
I came back to CoD2 in December and it's still going alright. Plenty of games, fair few cheaters but they're generally dealt with very well by cG admins. Seems to be regular lans and tournaments.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
72%
Quote from Vanner on the 3rd of April 2015:
I came back to CoD2 in December and it's still going alright. Plenty of games, fair few cheaters but they're generally dealt with very well by cG admins. Seems to be regular lans and tournaments.

Is there an anticheat or a decent democrew? :p
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from Paeng on the 3rd of April 2015:
Quote from Vanner on the 3rd of April 2015:

Is there an anticheat or a decent democrew? :p

There's CG anti cheat although personally I think it acts more as a deterrant than an actual physical stopppage of cheaters. A lot of players don't like using it due to lag issues. I personally have never encountered a problem with the anti-cheat.

There is a democrew, a guy recently got banned via demo (something that I think is extremely difficult to prove but that's another story!). I've submitted a few support tickets regarding cheaters and admins have banned them with evidence which is always good
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
60%

I just recognized that there's a Stream which hasn't been there in the past years. Furthermore a couple of LAN events and a decent activitiy on CG.

Marvin

The anticheat is pretty bad right now it is giving some heavy fps drops, and some people are getting some errors with the client... so everyone (almost everyone) is playing without CGAC so its like playing PCW u know, no AC you can cheat etc...

That's my opinion
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
60%
There is irc for cod2 : http://irc.lc/quakenet/cod2.wars it is pretty active
There are some great public server in my country here are some good SD servers : 185.4.149.16:29060 185.4.149.14:28962
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
72%
Quote from vonikk on the 3rd of April 2015:

Marvin

The anticheat is pretty bad right now it is giving some heavy fps drops, and some people are getting some errors with the client... so everyone (almost everyone) is playing without CGAC so its like playing PCW u know, no AC you can cheat etc...

That's my opinion

do the topteams act serious or rather sloppy?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
72%
Quote from vonikk on the 3rd of April 2015:
There is irc for cod2 : http://irc.lc/quakenet/cod2.wars it is pretty active
There are some great public server in my country here are some good SD servers : 185.4.149.16:29060 185.4.149.14:28962

thanks a lot
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HU
Rep:
88%
ye most of the teams, mixes r playing without anti-cheat but personally i barely met with any hackers ingame on cg... takes like 5-15 mins to find a match if u play late afternoon - at night, depends.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
72%
alright nice, so there are not as many cheaters as before, right?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
60%
alright nice, so there are not as many cheaters as before, right?

Well i would say yes...
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
88%
Well i would say no... not if you play higher ranked ^-^

not worth coming back alone btw
Downvote
2.5 years ago
CZ
Rep:
78%
Well we came back month ago after like 1,5 year break and Id say the game is still doing alright, definitely better than i expected. About cheaters, I actually think there are less of them then in cb times, Ive personally never encounter anybody cheating in like 50 matches or so. Definitely if you play top 100 ranks, there arent any, or just very few. We play all our matches without anticheat and never had a problem. Activity is pretty decent, there are still some cups, LANs announced etc.. So yeah, give it a try. I personally enjoy the game again same as before TLS2 (eventhough I suck even more than before )
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
82%
Marvin is pro, Marvin is love, cod2 scene needs you.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
CA
Rep:
74%
play csgo. on another league.
Downvote
2.5 years ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement: