EU
PC
z
FR
Rep:
85%
Quote from marty_vole on the 18th of March 2015:
Thing is, its bad for competitive factor of a game, since there are still lans and stuff announced, i dont think its a good time to bring up new map into the competitive side of the game. Anyway, it shouldnt be a problem to try adding new maps (NA outpost, vallente) into the mappool and see how it will work out.

Hm it might actually be a good and fun thing to add new (custom) maps to the existing map pool. After two days of casting/playing everybody was fed up with the same maps on TomorrowLAN, so it might be conducive to the experience if more maps would be played?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
NL
Rep:
86%
this map is sick NA and in my opinion if someone has time and the knowledge about making maps in cod2 he should build a cod2 map for 10years cod2 Lan thats is coming as far as I know

I dont like carentan its way too old in the playstyle for nowadays its a tactical map true but its pain in the ass like you say, and most of the teams ban carentan for like 85% on lan maybe more

Xoxo

Edited once, 18/3/15 - 3:39pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
FI
Rep:
78%
Teams actually playing all the competitive maps, toujane, dawnville, burgundy, matmata and carentan, would already be such an improvement. Still having trouble finding games with matmata or carentan as our map when in reality toujane, the most played map, is hands down the least competitive map out there. CoD2 just needs to break out of the strictly 3 map policy before it suffocates the game.

Caen and Rhine are very playable. Vallente is a god tier custom map and should definitely be in the map pool.

TL;DR:
stop being a bunch of dicks and just play different maps yourself and let the opponent play whatever they want.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
PL
Rep:
88%
It just depends on your activity guys, if you will play it only during the first two weeks we won't add it and i've already wrote a thread about custom map ladder
HERE as i said, it all depends on activity
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
81%
I've said it once before, I'm gonna say it again. Last year we opened a random map ladder where you could play 2 nonstandard maps generated by site. After roughly 3 months, there was like 15 matches completed. There's no point in adding custom maps when people can't even make a shift and play maps other than 5 standard ones. Adding custom maps in current ladders is not gonna happen because of server related complications.

Not gonna kill all your hopes though, if you guys can make a significant interest on facilos thread again, we might consider making something new.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
87%
Tobruk is also a good map
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
NL
Rep:
86%
its not about making ladder with costum maps thats shit and useless because nobody will play it just add some "new" maps to the map-pool @ lan and in my opinion drop carentan from it because like I said 85/90% insta ban carentan on lan same for Toujane
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
79%
Carentan and matmata are 2 of the best maps in the games for teams. They're just not the most fun in mixes.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
NL
Rep:
86%
its banned every lan over and over again --> carentan

matmata is great map no doubts about that:D

in my opinion this mappool is awesome:

Toujane
Burgundy
Dawnville
Matmata
Valente
North Africa Outpost
Wallendar

Edited twice, last edited 18/3/15 - 5:20pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
87%
Quote from Vanner on the 18th of March 2015:
Carentan and matmata are 2 of the best maps in the games for teams. They're just not the most fun in mixes.

Matmata is fun in mixes. Fast rounds!
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
79%
Toujane, burg, carentan, dawn, matmata all good. Railyard, rhine, harbour, trainstation and Leningrad are all playable to be fsir. Just never been popular unfortunately. Depot from cod1, and strike from cod4 would make good cod2 maps imo! It'll never happen. Just stick with 5 and use them more :p
Downvote
2.5 years ago
CZ
Rep:
78%
it would be enough if all teams started to play matmata and carentan more, carentan doesnt have to be campy, imho its as campy as dawnville, if not less.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
FR
Rep:
87%
Maybe lans should add valente to map pools (like it was in some in the past), then maybe cg will finally think about it, this is a great map and everybody know it.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
85%
vallente +1
Downvote
2.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
85%
trainstation used to be competitive map even played on lans and eurocups. why not add it again? same goes for vallente. I mean you could just add it to the map pool and people can play it if they want. if not who they play standard maps.
Downvote
2.5 years ago