Rep:
82%
Looks good but skip the fog stuff
Downvote
2.5 years ago
FR
Rep:
79%
Removing the left lean bug is an excellent step forward as there will be no conflict or whining whatsoever about this bug if it's fixed. It will save admins a lot of time and will make the scene cleaner.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
63%
If he can make it we will discuss it, but we can't promise anything related to that.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Quote from RYLZ on the 8th of April 2015:
If he can make it we will discuss it, but we can't promise anything related to that.

What exactly would be needed to discuss if I released a left lean fix?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
SI
Rep:
79%
Really good job keso, respect :)))
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
72%
Quote from keso on the 8th of April 2015:

Release it and you'll be the biggest hero on CoD!!
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from poepKind on the 8th of April 2015:

Release it and you'll be the biggest hero on CoD!!

Not sure the admins would share that opinion..
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Quote from Vaenn on the 8th of April 2015:

I could fund my own league if that was the case, np
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
63%
The case is in your inbox keso, hope that you've read it
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from Vaenn on the 8th of April 2015:

I could fund my own league if that was the case, np

That makes 2 of us, well, a guy pm'd me to host a ladder on his website (basically a domain that isn't being used) if things wouldn't work out on cg.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Also OT worth pointing out that left lean glitch doesnt actually have anything to do with animation. The lean mechanic is basically built in code by simply angling the player torso either left or right. What I want to do with this is make the torso lean angled further to the left while the player is moving.

This means that the issue now does not involve 3d editing at all and instead is a programmer issue which technically should be able to get fixed through scripting.

There are two ways of dealing with the lean issue right now as I see it:

Either we can force the lean to only function without player movement, in other words you can only lean while standing, crouching or proning still.

The second way would be the hard way - via code try to manipulate the lean angle.

This level of coding is beyond my knowledge so I would need some serious help with that. Maybe @REISSUE is a good programmer?

This was fixed in the Patch 1.2 for COD4. So if anyone is good at decompiling the info found inside that patch would help massively.

Source: http://www.gamershell.com/download_22093.shtml
Downvote
2.5 years ago
DE
Rep:
64%
Also OT worth pointing out that left lean glitch doesnt actually have anything to do with animation. The lean mechanic is basically built in code by simply angling the player torso either left or right. What I want to do with this is make the torso lean angled further to the left while the player is moving.

This means that the issue now does not involve 3d editing at all and instead is a programmer issue which technically should be able to get fixed through scripting.

There are two ways of dealing with the lean issue right now as I see it:

Either we can force the lean to only function without player movement, in other words you can only lean while standing, crouching or proning still.

The second way would be the hard way - via code try to manipulate the lean angle.

This level of coding is beyond my knowledge so I would need some serious help with that. Maybe @REISSUE is a good programmer?

This was fixed in the Patch 1.2 for COD4. So if anyone is good at decompiling the info found inside that patch would help massively.

Source: http://www.gamershell.com/download_22093.shtml

as i said, movement is defined in the dll files i think. dlls are not decompilable in any way to use it as a fix.
the lean could be fixed by animation: the animated torso simply needs to move more to the left side to be watchable for other players. case for keso.
I could search for an script issue. problem is the field of view i think. maybe this will move when i could edit the script.

also i wann say here. the pam 1.10 contains some failures/ wrong scriptable meshes. i will do an pamupdate of pam 1.09z (cb 2010 pam) with tdm included maybe. more modes will follows.
I actually dont like the code of pam110. The developer, who ever it is, have no really cluu how scripting really could works. There are good beginnings, and its hard to script. If rylz did this. please lets work together. its hard for beginners.
Also, i claim a longer graceperiod. You are talking a bomb timer is a tactical feature, graceperiod not? And rules are set before the matches start. so graceperiod 8 please, a shorter times is reconcilable by teams..... be realistic, be professional!
Also pam changlog contains not the older version fixes, thats also not professional. theres a need to keep the roots!
---
Lets work together to get it attractive for all players!

...with pam (more modes) + (lean fix) + menu update + mappack (i have one from esl/cb times with professional script and loadingscreens) could be a patch possible via moddb.com for everyone.
Dont if that maps are in mappool, but this updates are worth to make the game attractive for new/old players!!! understand?
And also, if that would be one files, no problems are made with installer/md5 and rulesets.

regards. edit: i found nothing about this lean in scripts....

gwork anyways, combining pam+pamrifles & making a ladder!!

Edited twice, last edited 9/4/15 - 8:11am.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
54%
I'm not against you making a new pam but you should be aware of a couple things

- the rulesets and settings need to be identical as they are now (that includes a strat time of 3 with the bomb timer for cg modes) so I suggest you work off current pam. It was actually coded mainly by a cod2 zpam coder (miss) initially and then finished off by a cod1 coder (wojtek).
- The pam needs to include rifles only
- menu needs to be optional
- we wont be implementing any new maps or gamemodes yet so its not too important for now
- left lean bug fix will need to be checked with rifle community and will need testing so if possible this needs to be seperable in the aw/ro pam modes (for now) if this is going to be integrated within the pam.. also note that option 1 that keso suggested we can't go with since it affects the way someone can move even if they dont want to clip.

Otherwise we cant approve of this officially.

Edited twice, last edited 9/4/15 - 9:20am.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
A new (cleanly coded) pam would be the best option, if there are updates to be followed afterwards, it's way easier to work with. Just my 2 silly cents. You have 2 of the best guys available to work with (reissue and keso) regarding modding.
Downvote
2.5 years ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
More
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG