EU
PC
z
HR
Rep:
63%
Okay a guy which I spoke to said that you should make new playerbody animation and that he have a guy to do it like he did for cod2 but his price would be 100€ ^^
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
53%
Good effort, keep up the good work. Any idea's on when they will come to a decision on this cod 1 ladder? I think it would be pretty sick
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
If I had the source code for COD1, what miracles could be pulled off.. Could implement deferred shading, IQM models etc..

Actually on a second look the easiest way to fix the left lean bug would probably just be making new torso animations for lean-crouching. The lean angle gets ruined when the player moves back and forth or right to left while crouch-leaning, it causes the players head to move forward and "desync" with the viewmodel animation, sort of.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Quote from RYLZcod1.1 on the 11th of March 2015:
Okay a guy which I spoke to said that you should make new playerbody animation and that he have a guy to do it like he did for cod2 but his price would be 100€ ^^

Yeah thats what I said earlier but it's still not that simple. The problem with COD1 is that it uses old quake modelling which splits animations up in two parts, torso and legs.
I dont even think you can make separate animations just for crouch-leaning while walking back and forth, it combines the crouch-lean with crouch-forward animation which in turn gives the "defect" angle and desync from first person view.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
It would certainly be possible to make a script where leaning is only possible while standing still but that would probably receive massive criticism from the COD1 community.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
53%
IMO I personally think like you say there would be a lot of criticism involved with making a script like that.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
There would be idd, as people would have to play the leaning aspect in cod in a different way, and like most gaming communities, people don't like change in terms of gameplay.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Just tought I'd stop by and say that Im currently looking deeper into the left lean issue with Maya 3d right now, might have found a way but not sure yet.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
53%
Nice good luck. Keep us updated!
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Nice keso, really nice!
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
45%
Wow why didn't we do this years ago? Would have kept more people in the game because I know for a fact that people are sick and tired of the left lean bugg - I use it myself don't get me wrong - but would make a whole difference to the gaming experience.. Keep us posted keso!
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
63%
Good luck
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
72%
Any updates on this?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
I found a recently made xanim to maya3d plug-in on a forum which allows modders to convert cod animations directly into maya without decompiling etc. Which means fixing the left lean is very much possible. However as stated before my maya knowledge is very limited so it'll take some time for me.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
63%
Take your time man ^^ good luck though
Downvote
2.5 years ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement: