EU
PC
z
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Hello

This is a video displaying some fixes that I've made in my mod for COD1 (also one for UO). It features mostly visual fixes such as effects and animations but also things such as weapon stat issues etc.

I will try to make another video to show some more fixes before I upload the mod, no idea when that will be but I'll try asap.

Youtube Video

What's Been Fixed? (Not a complete list)

GENERAL
-(1.5/UO)Shooting, rechamber and reloading animations are now displayed while player is running, crouching, proning etc. (Has not been tested on crowded servers, may have issues).
-(1.5/UO)Added hitmarker as seen in other COD titles, not sure if this will be in the final product and if it is it'll be adjustable with command (cg_drawhitmarker 0/1).
-(1.5/UO)Added good looking fingerless gloves to airborne/waffen/wermacht winter view/worldmodels.
-(1.5/UO)Fixed issue with ads pistol firing world animation where animation would run for longer than firetime. Was fixed by simply defining animation duration.
-(1.5/UO)Cleaned up HUD by removing unessesary stance hints, lowered and centered bomb defuse/plant icon etc.
-(1.5/UO)Added walk variable for playeranim.script allowing specific animations for movement while ads etc.

WEAPONS
-(1.5/UO)Synced BAR, Mosin Nagant, Thompson, MP44 and MP40 reload animation with sound.
-(1.5/UO)Removed Thompson, Colt45 and PPSH lastfire animation and replaced with regular fire animation.
-(1.5/UO)Added full reload animation to the MP44 and the FG42.
-(1.5/UO)Added the intended (Aim Down The Sight) fire animation for MP44.
-(1.5/UO)Adjusted bolt rechamber time for all bolt-action rifles to prevent "fast-switch shoot" glitch.
-(1.5)Centered and improved muzzleflashes for MP44, Mosin Nagant, PPSH, BAR and FG42.
-(1.5/UO)Removed stat value ADS Error (yes it's called that) from various scoped weapons which made the scope change zoom-in position.
-(1.5/UO)Replaced mp40 ads fire animation with normal firing animation, looks a lot better.
-(1.5/UO)Added damage multiplier for bolt action weapons. Shots hitting chest/head now does 4x damage. Feet/hands/arms multiplier remains untouched.
-(UO)Drastically improved muzzleflash for tt33 pistol. Previously was completely out of position.
-(UO)Scaled muzzleflashes, they are now more appropriate and less annoying.

EFFECTS
-(1.5)Fixed shader issue where smoke sometimes would glitch trough walls.
-(1.5)Increased distance at which wall impacts etc are visible.
-(1.5)Increased distance at which muzzleflashes are visible.
-(1.5)Made dynamic lighting for muzzleflashes linear instead of non-linear for improved smoothness.
-(1.5/UO)Corona texture (light from light bulbes etc) now has a yellow/warm look to it rather than cold and blue.
-(1.5/UO)Added NoFog function to sun sprite shader to prevent sprites disapearing in fogged maps.
-(1.5)Added smoke to the standard muzzleflash for rifles/pistols.
-(1.5/UO)Added smoke/fire/dynamic light trail for panzerfaust shots (looks really nice).
-(UO)Fixed shader issue where muzzleflash effect would have lower shading priority than smoke effects (i.e muzzleflash disapearing when shooting at a smoke screen).

MAPS
-(1.5/UO)Added intended chimney smoke on chateau since smoke shader is fixed.
-(1.5/UO)Replaced the very ugly looking mp_chateau sky with a better looking version.
-(1.5/UO)Increased cullfog distance on harbor so the towers dont pop up in the distance.
-(1.5/UO)Added intended fog (non-cull version) to tigertown.
-(UO)Added cullfog to mp_peaks and corrected fogcolor to blend with map environment + will improve performance.
-(UO)Corrected an error in map file for mp_peaks that fixes allied soldiertype. Now airborne winter instead of airborne normal.

GAMEMODES
-(1.5/UO)Added S&D bomb timer with the stopwatch texture provided by the original game.
-(1.5)Adjusted starting loadout so players only spawn with one grenade.
-(1.5)Added victory music (as seen in United Offensive) which plays if a game is won (not each round) will probably also be adjustable with command.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IKnexZI.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MruPTJl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5EcK3OY.jpg[/img]

BEFORE
[img]http://i.imgur.com/WEjzo8T.jpg[/img]

AFTER
[img]http://i.imgur.com/r5Hd8tj.jpg[/img]

Edited 9 times, last edited 17/10/15 - 6:07pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
This is actually awesome to see. Would you, in any way possible, be prepared to somehow implement this in a new pam? Just asking the question, since it would be nice to have these fixes implemented in the/a mod that a ladder would force people to use.

I'm assuming you weren't magically capable of fixing the left lean bug. One can only dream of that being fixed, as that would definitely be THE gamechanger.

Edited once, 11/3/15 - 12:55am.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
67%
left lean bug? :$
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from Reletiv on the 11th of March 2015:
left lean bug? :$

It's a bug known for years, even became a problem at the end of cod1 (before cod2 came out) even though that video doesn't exactly show WHY the first part is illegal.

"Back in vCod or the first cod which was a great game. IT had bugs. One of the bugs was with left lean. The avatar was not in sync with the players first person view. So if u got a perfect left lean u could shoot around a wall but the guy u where shooting at could not see u! This bug was in cod 2 but fixed in cod2 after people freaked out...."

https://community.callofduty.com/thread/100237025

"It’s a shame that left-leaning became rather popular amongst certain germans and brits." (Davy's part in the article)

www.esportsheaven.com/articles/view/5080/call-of-duty-s-10th-anniversary

Comparable to proneclipping on cod2, which isn't allowed either.

Actually surprised that there are cod1 players out there who don't know about this even though they're into the esports side of the game.

Edited 7 times, last edited 11/3/15 - 1:40am.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
67%
Oh left clipping, pls remove it as it is annoying as fuck in scrim with rifles
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from Reletiv on the 11th of March 2015:
Oh left clipping, pls remove it as it is annoying as fuck in scrim with rifles

Well, just like proneclipping on cod2, the ll bug on vcod isn't easily fixed, not even sure you can fix it without a patch, hence my comment towards keso about assuming he hasn't been capable of fixing it.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Left lean bug is not impossible to fix but would require someone with slightly more knowledge than me regarding maya 3d and xanims in general. There are zombie mods and such with loads of custom animations so there are people out there with the knowledge.

There are clipping in all COD games, COD4 also has proneclipping almost as bad as COD2.

I have already integrated these fixes with PAM so It'll be released as a new pam (sort of)
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
72%
What about fastshoot, weapon switch, fast weapon switch and aimglitch with the rifles?
Looks awesome
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Keso, do you happen to know someone with sufficient knowledge to fix the left lean bug (among other bugs/glitches)? Personally I'd even be willing to pay for all the work to get it done.

Have you ever tried fixing it yourself?

Edited twice, last edited 11/3/15 - 1:04pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Quote from poepKind on the 11th of March 2015:
What about fastshoot, weapon switch, fast weapon switch and aimglitch with the rifles?
Looks awesome

fastshoot etc was patched in 1.5 if Im not wrong? It's only possible on the earlier versions of COD1.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Quote from Vaenn on the 11th of March 2015:
Keso, do you happen to know someone with sufficient knowledge to fix the left lean bug (among other bugs/glitches)? Personally I'd even be willing to pay for all the work to get it done.

Have you ever tried fixing it yourself?

I have looked into it but since I knew from the get go that it would most likely require some real decompiling and maya skills I havent put any effort into it.

The problem with the left lean is that the character lean (viewed by other players i.e world animation) is way slower than the viewmodel (first person perspective) animation. So the simplest way would be to just somehow increase the speed at which the world animation is executed and you would have a fairly balanced left lean.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
SE
Rep:
79%
Quote from poepKind on the 11th of March 2015:
Looks awesome

Oh, I just remembered the bolt rifle shoot-reload-switch-shoot glitch, yeah It's fixable.

Just tested it and I have already fixed it, I have problem remembering what I've fixed since I've been working on this when ever I was bored for about 2 years now.

Memo to self - write changelog!

Edited once, 11/3/15 - 3:33pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
PL
Rep:
72%
Quote from keso on the 11th of March 2015:
... So the simplest way would be to just somehow increase the speed at which the world animation is executed and you would have a fairly balanced left lean.

It would be great if it was possible to be repaired.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Would you be prepared to look into it again?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
HR
Rep:
63%
I will speak with couple of guys about this left lean clip

btw keso nice job^^
Downvote
2.5 years ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events