EU
PC
z
OP
DE
Rep:
80%
Hello Guys,

after I watched some games of the tomorrowlan I got really pumped to play that game again with some of my old german guys. But I got a really shitty problem, everytime I start the Game I get blackscreen and can't go back to the desktop ( always need to close it via task-manager ). Like 2y ago I had the same problem but the main menu showed up after like 5-10min. But that's not working anymore. Got Win8 64-bit and changing to win7 or something similiar is no option for me, also made a support ticket already but the admins dont have a solution either. Anyone here have/had the same problem and got a solution for me?
Would really appreciate it.

ps: also tried a few shit already : firewall on/off, antivir on/off, changing the priority of the game to win7/winxp etc. running as adminstrator on/off with different prioritys, unplug headset, reinstalling cod2
Downvote
2.6 years ago
CZ
Rep:
81%
Try enabling stereo mix in your recording devices.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
FI
Rep:
78%
Does it crash and give you an error after letting it start for 15 minutes or does it just stay in a black screen?
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
80%
Quote from k e z on the 4th of March 2015:
Does it crash and give you an error after letting it start for 15 minutes or does it just stay in a black screen?
as I said it just stays in black screen and I have to close it via task-manager coz it doesn't let me go back to the desktop or anything else
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
80%
Quote from miss on the 4th of March 2015:
Try enabling stereo mix in your recording devices.
nop still the same :s
Downvote
2.6 years ago
HR
Rep:
87%
I've had same problem, and still having too, and I found pretty stupid solution, every time I need to enter Cod2 i have to join some random server on xfire, and xfire must be turned on, really don't know why I have this shitty problem, but like I said it helps.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
80%
Quote from wuky on the 4th of March 2015:
I've had same problem, and still having too, and I found pretty stupid solution, every time I need to enter Cod2 i have to join some random server on xfire, and xfire must be turned on, really don't know why I have this shitty problem, but like I said it helps.
but you still have the blackscreen for 5-10 min right?
Downvote
2.6 years ago
CZ
Rep:
87%
did you just install your game and dont have cfg in the folder yet?
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
80%
Quote from joseph01 on the 4th of March 2015:
did you just install your game and dont have cfg in the folder yet?
nah the game is on this pc since 2 1/2 years, just reinstalled it recently coz of the error, but already tried to start it with my config and default config.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
HR
Rep:
87%
Quote from N1FTYYY' on the 4th of March 2015:

Blackscreen is still present but it no longer than 1 minute, maximum minute and half. Did you managed to enter the game with that option?
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
80%
Quote from N1FTYYY' on the 4th of March 2015:

Blackscreen is still present but it no longer than 1 minute, maximum minute and half. Did you managed to enter the game with that option?
well yes it's working like that, thanks :p but I tried it like 5 times now and always had to wait more than 10min tho ^^, quite annoying but better than nothing I guess.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
HR
Rep:
87%
After soem time maybe it will stop, when my pc has a happy day it starts game immidiately, but sometimes i just have to wait like you, and to be clear it is new 8 core cpu gaming machine, but cod2 is still very old game. I am glad i helped you cheers
Downvote
2.6 years ago
BIG
HR
Rep:
89%
it's just that way with win8 there's no help, you shouldn't enable any compatibility or run as administrator options.You just have to wait about 5 minutes and it will enter.I read this has something to do with windows 8 legacy drivers.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
DE
Rep:
80%
After soem time maybe it will stop, when my pc has a happy day it starts game immidiately, but sometimes i just have to wait like you, and to be clear it is new 8 core cpu gaming machine, but cod2 is still very old game. I am glad i helped you cheers
ye its kinda weird, 2min ago it just opened after 5 sec, the next time it need 10 min again lel.
but thanks for the help
Downvote
2.6 years ago
jay
NL
Rep:
80%
When you say win8 do you mean actual 8 or 8.1? Because if you're running just 8, I suggest upgrading to 8.1.

I'm running 8.1 and with these settings I can launch the game instantly.
Downvote
2.6 years ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
528 Votes