EU
PC
z
BE
Rep:
86%
EU Site Admin
currently on holiday but if you can provide enough info + show me that there are still teams out there that want a cod1 ladder, we can host one.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
45%
Quote from phaKie on the 9th of March 2015:
You can make as many servers / ladders you want AW is dead i'm just being realistic as for someone that's played the game for a long time, i've seen these threads come and go tried and failed, you can try but the outcome is going to be the same EURO s&d will reign supreme

Cmon phaKie we all know (1.5 comm) how you are and that your just trying to be the almighty greatest of a nice community :P. I am an EURO Admin (SD RO Server) and I am online every single day (yes I have a life, 40hour job etc etc) but I sometimes feel like going on one of those crappy, not well supported, AW servers just to have fun with an MP44 or something.. Speaking to several people, they sometimes feel like paying AW matches as well just to try something different..

Saying it will not last a week because of the majority of RO players is bullshit, if everyone can give it a chance and see the benefits of playing and at the same time making the community bigger, it will last

So, thanks Vaenn for setting up a AW server, please let us know when it will be up and what the name is, I will def come and play!
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Phakie thinks he's the only one who's played cod for a long time. I've seen those threads come and go as well, yet there's a huge difference, people never tried to contact other communities (cod2/4), never contacted any of us for example, people who've been there since vcod was released. Cb closed the ladders, a week afterwards we saw an attempt to keep the ladders, which was futile since cb had enough of it due to inactivity, and the ones crying for a ladder were the ones who were never playing on it in the first place. Now you've got cg, with an open mind willing to give it a chance if we get enough people voicing their interest, AND someone who's willing to even pump in some money to make it even more competitive and interesting.

Like I said, both sides would profit, so you should be happy instead of being all negative.

@ Mathias; what info would you need exactly? I'd like to mention CG in the server name, first of all it might/will bring more people to visit CG, so that's a free advert for you guys, on the other hand I'd use it to let people know that there's a possibility of CG supporting vcod if there are enough of them to voice their interest in a ladder through a poll (for example). If there's anyone I need to talk to to get the approval to use CG's name with the server can you please point me to the person whose approval I'd need? Thank you.

Edited twice, last edited 9/3/15 - 5:01pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
HR
Rep:
63%
Quote from head on the 9th of March 2015:
currently on holiday but if you can provide enough info + show me that there are still teams out there that want a cod1 ladder, we can host one.

Check your inbox when you come online
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
25%
I didn't say I was the only one that has played for a long time lol i'm giving my opinion why the hostility i'm all very well for ladders and what not but i'm just being realistic as mark my words the game is dead enough either way it has to be played on 1.5, the other versions are noob and buggy.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
25%
Quote from head on the 9th of March 2015:

http://vcodcupseries.prophpbb.com/
Downvote
2.5 years ago
NL
Rep:
67%
@phakie, let's see what's gonna happen when all 1.1 clans come over to 1.5, i'm pretty sure the AW ladder will be more active as the RO ladder.
This game was still getting played when Clanbase went offline, it's good to see the RO community is active, but the AW community will be as much active or even more active then the RO community is atm^^
Simply because 1 fact:
The top years of this game were played on AW, a lot of clans & players want to return because the game will get played on AW.

But let's shut it about RO or AW.

When we get 1 RO and 1 AW ladder, the whole community is proud.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
25%
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
HR
Rep:
63%
From beggining we are discussin it for 1.5...

+ If I pull some contacts, there are players which would come back from retirement ASAP cause much 1.1 players left cause of no competition, and this is not only me, there are more players with contacts which can do the same and I bet that atleast 20% of the retired players will come back

@aussie/razorboy Cheers bro <3
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from phaKie on the 9th of March 2015:
I didn't say I was the only one that has played for a long time lol i'm giving my opinion why the hostility i'm all very well for ladders and what not but i'm just being realistic as mark my words the game is dead enough either way it has to be played on 1.5, the other versions are noob and buggy.

I'm not being hostile, it's more like downright tiring to deal with people who prefer being negative instead of actually spreading the word & get the people they know on cg to voice their interest in a ladder, no matter what we say or do, you just appear to be someone who wants to be negative about it, instead of just helping in any way you possibly can.

And yes, it will be 1.5 no matter what.

Just checked the details on i3d and it says Invoice period: 15 Mar 2015 to 15 Sep 2015, so I'm assuming the server will be online the 15th. Expected it to be online faster but awk well..

Edited twice, last edited 9/3/15 - 6:22pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
HR
Rep:
63%
omg 15th ? XD
gg wp :ppp
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from RYLZcod1.1 on the 9th of March 2015:
omg 15th ? XD
gg wp :ppp

Don't know why but apparently that's how it's going to be. Doesn't matter though, the server WILL be online anyways.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
HR
Rep:
63%
Yeah true, if we run this thing till 15th March so, most important it that it's goin to be online.

Btw pm me on chat if u are online
Downvote
2.5 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Does the fact I ordered a server for 6 months straight away cause a delay for them to get the server up? Can't really think of another reason, sure, a part of the bill was paid through paypall the rest through online banking (so let's say they'd take 2-3 days at most to receive the whole payment).. weird.

And I'm online, you're not replying though haha.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
GB
Rep:
25%
Even punkbuster wants nothing to do with this game that's how dead this game is and I don't see many people coming back to this game as its been done & tried before, but okay we'll see how it goes.

MAMBO <5> phaKie
Downvote
2.5 years ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
More
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually