EU
PC
z
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from srkiii on the 3rd of March 2015:
Coming there is not a problem, because flights are very cheap (ryanair, easyjet, germanwings, etc..) , but hostels/hotels/apartments are pretty expensive (speaking of London for example)..
If only you could provide some good and not so expensive solutions for accommodation, i think there will be few teams from Croatia, BiH, Hungary, Slovenia.

If this was to go ahead, i would arrange special deals with companies in the area to provide accommodation at a cheaper rate. Flights arnt to expensive at all, We are not talking about doing this in central London either by the way so it would be alot cheaper to do this in somewhere like Coventry for instance!
Downvote
2.6 years ago
SE
Rep:
86%
yup flights are not even that expensive for ppl from hungary / croatia etc. well ryanair is not flying on winter afaik?

Edited once, 3/3/15 - 5:24pm.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
FR
Rep:
85%
Don't know anything about UK lans but I can definitely vouch for WZZRD (Enschede, the Netherlands that is). Although the venue isn't located in a capital city or anything, there are plenty of clubs and pubs around and our country is relatively quite cheap compared to the UK (on par with the Balkans as well as the rest of Western Europe).
Downvote
2.6 years ago
AU
Rep:
83%
CoD4 PUG Admin
Good idea
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from n30K on the 3rd of March 2015:
Don't know anything about UK lans but I can definitely vouch for WZZRD (Enschede, the Netherlands that is). Although the venue isn't located in a capital city or anything, there are plenty of clubs and pubs around and our country is relatively quite cheap compared to the UK (on par with the Balkans as well as the rest of Western Europe).

Exactly who i am in contact with. We will get something sorted hopefully
Downvote
2.6 years ago
NL
Rep:
87%
I have to agree with Supreme and Koen.. I personally think a LAN event in the Netherlands or Belgium would attract more teams.. But its a nice idea never the less, I suggest you check out how many teams are seriously interested and if you can reach 16 teams.
I personally wouldnt mind making the trip to UK..Since there is nobody in NL / BE / DE / FR willing to host a cod2 LAN event afaik.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
NL
Rep:
88%
idd i think its more attractive to hold a lan in the Netherlands belgium germany. but i would go to the UK would love to go to the UK.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from crimiii on the 3rd of March 2015:
I have to agree with Supreme and Koen.. I personally think a LAN event in the Netherlands or Belgium would attract more teams.. But its a nice idea never the less, I suggest you check out how many teams are seriously interested and if you can reach 16 teams.
I personally wouldnt mind making the trip to UK..Since there is nobody in NL / BE / DE / FR willing to host a cod2 LAN event afaik.

Well, I am in talks with a lan centre in the UK and am in talks Wzzard about both possibilities, Personally i would be alot happier running a 16 team lan, I think with enough time given we can easily attract that many teams and hopefully can put up a good enough prize fund to make alot of players want to attend and play again!

IF YOUR TEAM IS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING PLEASE WRITE AT THE BOTTOM AND ILL ADD YOUR TEAM TO INTERESTED LIST! UK OR THE NL IS THE LOCATION!
Downvote
2.6 years ago
NL
Rep:
86%
Quote from n30K on the 3rd of March 2015:

Pretty sure we would come to this ^

I think the best period to host it would be fall (okt-nov) because many ppl are inactive during summer and aren't interested in showing up right after that. December is just too busy/expensive and no need to do it later
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
How would people feel about October 24th - 25th? Cod2 10 year anniversary! Doesn't mean alot to any of you guys but for the few which have been with the cod series for all these years it'll mean alot! Might even tempt some of the older guys to come back for this event!
Downvote
2.6 years ago
SE
Rep:
86%
Quote from LuNiiii on the 3rd of March 2015:
How would people feel about October 24th - 25th? Cod2 10 year anniversary! Doesn't mean alot to any of you guys but for the few which have been with the cod series for all these years it'll mean alot! Might even tempt some of the older guys to come back for this event!
+1
Downvote
2.6 years ago
CZ
Rep:
85%
Do it Luni. October for 10th anniversary sounds great, and Enschede WZZRD is cool too, been there. Or Antwerp where OOF used to be!
Downvote
2.6 years ago
FR
Rep:
87%
do it in FR/NL/BE/DE, not in UK, too much expensive with flights & co
Downvote
2.6 years ago
FR
Rep:
87%
btw gg the stolen idea @LuNiiii : DD

Quote from graejx on the 2nd of March 2015:
Quote from KraakYYtjj on the 2nd of March 2015:
Rikk did such a great job, izi MVP topfragging shoutcaster! Let's do a LAN in the Netherlands or Germany next time.
yep
What about to make a huge lan in western europe (FR/DE/NL/BE for example) for the 10 years of cod2 @24/25 October 2015 ?!
This tomorrowlan have shown that the game is way far to be died, that's the opposite, community is growing up/coming back, then a fat lan in western europe could work very well.
#BACKTOBASICS
Downvote
2.6 years ago
GB
Rep:
88%
Quote from d3do on the 3rd of March 2015:
Do it Luni. October for 10th anniversary sounds great, and Enschede WZZRD is cool too, been there. Or Antwerp where OOF used to be!
Downvote
2.6 years ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
545 Votes