EU
PC
z
CZ
Rep:
85%
Quote from f3L1X on the 24th of June 2015:
For me and I think I am also speaking for my team, there is no interest in attending a lan in a place we have been before (Zagreb) or where there is nothing else except a boring shopping center in some local city. We wanna combine a lan trip with some days of holidays. So there should be possibilities to go out, get to see some sights nearby or to go to the sea or whatever. I am guessing that other western european teams feel the same. There is zero interest in attending a lan in a local town in in croatia/bosnia/hungary... unless there are some serious other attractions for what it is worth to come.

And would you like some caviar or an opera performance with that request?

Give me a break, be happy if anything happens and you get an opportunity to play a game you like, because someone decides to invest a lot of their private time and effort into it. This is not the time to get picky around cod2 lans if there is any chance for this game to keep going, if you catch my drift..

How about you organize one in Berlin, for example? Problem solved!
Downvote
2.2 years ago
NL
Rep:
84%
The lack of Dirty Bomb is TOO DAMN HIGH.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
GB
Rep:
87%
@d3do he's not requesting anything - he's just stating facts that if there were to be another lan it'd have to be somewhere we'd want to go (if we were to go).

travel costs are just as expensive for me coming or dan coming to croatia as for others to come the other way - though there will never be another cod2 lan in the UK.

all in all, it would have to be something special to get us out of retirement imo
Downvote
2.2 years ago
DE
Rep:
85%
@d3do I was just pointing out how we feel about future lans. We went to zagreb coz we wanted to see the city aswell and as domi said there has to be something special to pull teams. I am not talking about luxury, but I dont wanna spent money for a trip, just play 3 days nonstop and go back home. It is also because we as a team became friends in real life and want to spent some time together other than just playing. If we could combine both in one trip would be perfect. Split could work out tbh.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
CZ
Rep:
85%
I understand that guys, it would be great if we could have fun in a city ourside of the gaming. I agree that Split would be fun, let's hope someone does something.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
CZ
Rep:
85%
What about Italy or France? For me, Croatia and such countries are not so much interesting to visit. But on the other hand, LAN in it or fr would be too expensive I think and there is probably nobody who would organize that. And what about Germany or Poland?
Downvote
2.2 years ago
FR
Rep:
87%
The best solution in terms of place & price is Belgium, it could also make a comeback of many western eu teams.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
GB
Rep:
76%
Maybe speak to Steven Leunens or go through his company Gamevibes

www.gamevibes.be/services/eventmanagement/

I only mention this because he's bringing back TEK-9.org, he might be tempted to help out with a LAN for COD2? Maybe another OOF/AEF?

Don't build your hopes up though, I wouldn't be surprised if he said no, due to how little the COD2 community is. If you look at it from a business' perspective, there isn't much of a profit to be made.

Still, it's worth a try, the worst that'll happen is you get "no" for an answer.

Good look all Belgium/Netherlands is probably the best place to go, personally.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
GB
Rep:
87%
what did the dfb stand for?
Downvote
2.2 years ago
GB
Rep:
76%
Quote from domi on the 24th of June 2015: