z
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from n30K on the 5th of March 2015:
Quote from Vanner on the 5th of March 2015:
Making a schedule is fun fun fun

Basically drawing up a few different ideas.

32 teams
40 pc's
2 or 3 days of playing

8 groups of 4 or 4 groups of 8
double elimination

aim is to get even the worst team at the event playing a minimum of 4 games, if not more. Hopefully can get it so they play 7-8 without adding making it so the best teams play a shit load :p

will post the excel document later on, still working on things.

As for the amount of playing-days, would it be an idea to make games start at Friday afternoon/evening? This would create some more leniency towards the end of the tourney so finals won't be played at atrocious times (with no spectators left).

The reason we are running a 3 day event rather than a 2 day event is to make allowances for the delays which could occur.

You cannot run a successful lan in 2 days with a full upper / lower bracket system, Myself and Vanner have been to over 20 lans and the most successful have been those which was run in 3 days. So that is how we are going to run this event.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
FR
Rep:
87%
1 week event incoming, that's cod2 anniversary btw xD
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from graejx on the 5th of March 2015:
1 week event incoming, that's cod2 anniversary btw xD

Behave! Do i have to beat you again?
Downvote
2.6 years ago
NL
Rep:
79%
Post Likes: 2
return of the rubenswaa? _might_ attend
Downvote
2.6 years ago
GB
Rep:
79%
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vdjxfk&s=8#.VPjidfmsV8E

I've made a huge excel document but that pictures the first schedule I've created.

It's nice and simply, 8 groups of 4, double elimination, best of 3 mr12 in upper bracket, best of 1 mr15*** lower bracket. It means the worst team there won't be eliminated until mid afternoon on the Saturday so should appeal to lesser teams too.

This schedule has been created with 40 PC's and 32 teams in mind and I've purposely given a bit of extra time to account for any delays that might crop up. I've also tried to ensure that you can get a good nights sleep each night. The shortest break overnight is 11 hours, hopefully enough time for players to get their beauty sleep because some of you really are butt ugly

We've gone for MR12 because it's the most known and loved max rounds setup. MR10 is notoriously random in BO1 group stages. For the brackets, we've gone MR12 BO3 for upper brackets and then gone for MR15 in the lower bracket. I appreciate very few of you would have ever played MR15 but we believe it will always ensure the best team goes through and as it is only BO1, it shouldn't take any longer than an hour. We've also left some gaps in the schedule so we can catch up, for example on Saturday night if the MR15 games go on a bit later it won't matter as the Lower Bracket players get a lie in and don't need to play their first game on Sunday until 11:00.

My 3 aims were:
1) Plenty of sleep at night. No one likes a grumpy gamer.
2) A chance of every player/team to enjoy the lan and play a few games, and not be knocked out after a few hours.
3) A strict schedule that allows for delays.

Feedback please. Constructive feedback that is, no point in just stating "not going if it's Friday" - We're working on different schedules and will weigh up our options closer to the time and depending on how many PC's we can get a hold of. In an ideal world we'll get 80 PC's and can do 4 groups of 8 teams and a huge bracket, meaning every team will play at least 8 games. That's the dream though, this is the reality atm.

Cheers.

Edited 3 times, last edited 6/3/15 - 12:47am.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
CZ
Rep:
85%
Post Likes: 1
Sounds great to me Finally everybody will get more matches per team. Will se how if others teams posts some objections. Personally, I dont care, if the lan will be for 2 or 3 days.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
NL
Rep:
88%
Sounds good. love the fact people who become 3rd or 4th in the group also have some more games to play after. and the MR15 is also new to me, sounds cool
Downvote
2.6 years ago
NL
Rep:
84%
Stuff lookin' good, keep up the good work guyS ^_^
Downvote
2.6 years ago
PL
Rep:
82%
Quote from nn0s4m on the 6th of March 2015:
Sounds good. love the fact people who become 3rd or 4th in the group also have some more games to play after. and the MR15 is also new to me, sounds cool
Downvote
2.6 years ago
CZ
Rep:
85%
That looks reasonable, Vanner. GJ!
Downvote
2.6 years ago
CZ
Rep:
78%
Sounds great to me (and to us as a team) aswell. For big event like this, I think it should be not much of a problem for anybody to make time for the one extra day and I really like the idea of more "relaxed" tournament, in oppose to TLS1 for example (havent been in Zagreb, but playing the finals at 4 AM in the morning isnt exactly what anybody wants.) Even if any other planned LAN doesnt work out, I really set my hopes for this. Format is great, MR15 is welcomed and reasonable change. Good job.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
PL
Rep:
84%
So we have two big tournaments! LuNiii write to Activision maybe they will support you who know hehe finally its 10 years! GL
Downvote
2.6 years ago
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from M4rciN on the 6th of March 2015:
So we have two big tournaments! LuNiii write to Activision maybe they will support you who know hehe finally its 10 years! GL

Got more chance of Luni topping the scoreboard.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
BE
Rep:
68%
Quote from Vanner on the 6th of March 2015:
Quote from M4rciN on the 6th of March 2015:

Got more chance of Luni topping the scoreboard.

lmao
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
True! I am the worst scope in cod2 at the moment! Hense why i am not playing in this tournament!
Downvote
2.6 years ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
540 Votes