EU
PC
z
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Hi Guys,

I am writing to ask for your opinions and gauge interest as i don't want to put a lot of effort into something which is a non-runner from the offset!

Everyone loves the UK and think its a fantastic trip for gamers wanting to travel!

What i need from you?

Date of event? I really am at your mercy on when you want this event as i can go to the venue and negotiate these times with them. I really want to do this event in October,

I would like to run a 16 team event only! This way we can give people proper game time, I wasnt a huge fan of a 3 match group as if people travelled from afar they came all that way for 3 games, so was thinking 2 groups of 8 so everyone gets atleast 7 games before they go out! This can ofcourse be changed!

Prizes / Hardware Cost of event will be decided when actual plans are in place for event so i know the costings.

Finally, Will you attend?

Write in comments if your team is interested!

Thanks

Ross!

INTERESTED TEAMS -

GUNRUNNERS NOFEAR EXTREME ENERGY - KHILLIXUR, TOXIC, JANKIZ, STREETWALKER, CAASR.

dirtyPotatoes - elwzoy, marty, kaya, moneymaker, hurvajz

Team iNFINITE: d3do, hEFEST, jape, Sk1LL, smokeR

gonewild / danne domi teqi koen cake

ephix, line up TBA

cK, line up TBA

insane, Twice ravezoR eNERZ wokkel + 1

Team Bonzai - TBA

Rettan - milk, b1z, tUne, Smashval, aero

Gotowned - pussY Skaffaboy +3

Redbyte Gaming (line up TBA)

Edited 7 times, last edited 5/3/15 - 6:50pm.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
GB
Rep:
87%
it's too far and too expensive for foreign teams

would never happen, plus there's the whole shebang about the previous guy who tried to make *one in newcastle of all places

good luck though
Downvote
2.6 years ago
NL
Rep:
84%
Central Europe would be the best choice for a lan, afaik people didn't have any trouble attending Outpost On Fire (Belgium) & Crossfire @ WZZRD Enschede (Netherlands) back in the day and these locations were pretty "popular".

Personally I wouldn't mind attending a tournament @ UK... but it's too expensive for most of the teams that are currently playing the game.

Edited twice, last edited 3/3/15 - 3:45pm.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
BE
Rep:
87%
Good idea! I am in
Downvote
2.6 years ago
US
Rep:
83%
Good idea mate my two cents would be this

Time of event:
December or early 2016, simply due to the fact of ThePartyLan [April] , Athens[July],Brussels[no date yet?]

South of England would be common sense due to there being 0 UK teams and due to the community mainly being in Europe it means for countries like NL,BEL,DE can drive or get the train (Obvs fly if they want) and for the Scandinavians they can fly. So somewhere near Luton,gatwick and heathrow would leave plenty of flight comparisons and obviously the Eurostar into London st pancreas aswell.

Tournament layout:
I like your idea for that however I think if I can remember prague did that and although you had a lot of variety which was awesome it was bo1 of 7 maps and I think it would be more fairer for teams(imo) anyway to have 4 groups and do bo3 and have a lower bracket and upper bracket with first round of playoffs being bo1 and the next rounds being bo3 for upper bracket and bo3 for lowerbracket aswell -means more games for all and money worth and make it that the lowerbracket has a 1map disadvantage vs upper bracket

However all saying this I still think the reason why the UK literally only has 1/2 LANs and most of the time get UK people attending is the costs of the hospitality and eating etc, I mean hotels are not cheap in the UK (coming from a EU perspective) Drinking aswell is normally nearly double the price than what most EU people are probably use to so I mean Iseries and epic lan i could go to prague or Brussels for nearly the same price and go on a holiday and game without spending more than 20£ extra than what i would of spent on a local UK event so i mean its gonna be hard in my opinion although it would be awesome to see another COD UK event.

If you need help organising or anything like that ross give me a shout on facebook or xfire mate, gl gl
Downvote
2.6 years ago
US
Rep:
83%
i did write this for cod4 but then i noticed it changed to cod2 so i guess the top3 paragraphs still apply, and if you need help just ask
Downvote
2.6 years ago
DE
Rep:
80%
If this gonna happen I will try to reunion with some german guys and come to this, UK is very cheap to travel to(at least from north germany ). great idea, hope it gonna work out!
and 2 groups of 8 teams would be the best for a 16 team event, as u said already.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
I do understand the pricing is sometimes an issue but we can do work around's! Also with more lan's being announced who knows, some of the top teams can pick up an org to help cover some of these costs but along way to go and alot of organising, COD2 lans in the UK did happen if it was done correctly! Maybe we can find a venue where they have sleeping arrangements like some of the UK lans used to have which will lower the costs dramatically!

Keep the opinions coming and i will collect all of these and put some motions in place to see how it goes!
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from N1FTYYY' on the 3rd of March 2015:
If this gonna happen I will try to reunion with some german guys and come to this, UK is very cheap to travel to(at least from north germany ). great idea, hope it gonna work out!
and 2 groups of 8 teams would be the best for a 16 team event, as u said already.

Defintely think thats the best format to give everyone a good chance of enjoying the event and having some decent amount of game time!
Downvote
2.6 years ago
DE
Rep:
80%
Quote from LuNiiii on the 3rd of March 2015:
Quote from N1FTYYY' on the 3rd of March 2015:

Defintely think thats the best format to give everyone a good chance of enjoying the event and having some decent amount of game time!
yes indeed, especially if the hotel/food is expensive as samuelg said. Brussels LAN worked great in that format aswell, from what i heard.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from domi on the 3rd of March 2015:
it's too far and too expensive for foreign teams

would never happen, plus there's the whole shebang about the previous guy who tried to make *one in newcastle of all places

good luck though

I agree it's abit more expensive but the COD series used to be huge in the UK, I-series was very expensive and it still managed to fill Lans with alot of European teams, If the prizes / Competition is there i don't see why teams wouldn't put that effort in to make this event happen with plenty of notice of course!

Talking about the previous guy who ran the last lan, Without sounding ego(which you will probably think) I have been around the community for the last 10 years, Alot of people know myself and my team so i would like to think i would have people's trust in running an event like this, Myself and you have had an issue in the past but dont see why that would make you think any different of me handling something like this.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
DE
Rep:
85%
Will never happen. 70% percent of all participants from the last lan came from Hungary/croatia/czech republic and they wont be able to afford a trip to the UK.
I dont even think that mid europe is realistic.
Downvote
2.6 years ago
HR
Rep:
87%
It's nice to see that community is rising but this will never happen,it's just too expensive for I think pretty much everybody,it does not matter how well organised and capable you are
Downvote
2.6 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
79%
Quote from ABYTHUS on the 3rd of March 2015:
It's nice to see that community is rising but this will never happen,it's just too expensive for I think pretty much everybody,it does not matter how well organised and capable you are

You cant really say its 2 expensive or not expensive until you know the date/location of event?
Downvote
2.6 years ago
CH
Rep:
83%
Coming there is not a problem, because flights are very cheap (ryanair, easyjet, germanwings, etc..) , but hostels/hotels/apartments are pretty expensive (speaking of London for example)..
If only you could provide some good and not so expensive solutions for accommodation, i think there will be few teams from Croatia, BiH, Hungary, Slovenia.
Downvote
2.6 years ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
592 Votes