CGo Ladder... - Page: 2

Thread started by toxjee on Monday, 1:16am August 8th with 43 replies. Views: 11,118

endR
Level: BRONZE

Well i reckon as it get's more active it will become less and less of a big deal as the better teams get further and further ahead of 50 point teams.

Quote from toxjee on the 8th of August 2011
Im not talking about 50 points teams. Just look at the ladder a team called wakawaka is at top with 7 losses, only cause they play the most matches.

Quote from SeansKi on the 8th of August 2011
They also have the most wins ;p
But yeah i see your point, would be better if it was like clanbase system.
Posted 12:03pm Aug 8th 11
toxjee
The point system is actually fine, they only need to add that the loser actually loses the points the winning team gains from playing them.
Posted 12:05pm Aug 8th 11
FUTUREEE

How does the australian ladder operate?

Quote from PenIsland on the 8th of August 2011
When you register you get chucked at the bottom, and if you want to progress up the ladder you challenge someone for there place. Eg 53rd challenges 38th if you win you move to 38th and the team you beat gets knocked down to 39th. So the only way you can get to first is by beating the top team.
So a simple if you can beat the team you challenge you move up to there spot :)
Still the same rules apply though, can only challenge half your teams position + 3 or something
So if you were 52nd you could challenge 23rd.
You'd have to be in the top ten if you would want to challenge for first

After 16 weeks (not certain on numbers) the top 8 teams in each leagues, cgi cgm cga cgo play off against each other. The 2 teams (again not certain on numbers) that play in the finals then progress up to the next leagues for next season.

Quote from Bankzy on the 8th of August 2011
That sounds like a much better system tbh :L

Quote from sentix on the 8th of August 2011

so i can be rank1 in 2 games, sounds great :DD
Posted 12:06pm Aug 8th 11
_JP_

The point system is actually fine, they only need to add that the loser actually loses the points the winning team gains from playing them.

Thats why starting with 1000 points work way beter then people having like -200 or so
Maybe its me but i rather have 800 points then -200 even if it basicly the same thing
Posted 12:15pm Aug 8th 11
endR

Quote from _JP_ on the 8th of August 2011
Thats why starting with 1000 points work way beter then people having like -200 or so
Maybe its me but i rather have 800 points then -200 even if it basicly the same thing

Dont think he cares on the actual numbers, he just doesn't like the fact teams can't go under 50 points no matter how much they lose.
Posted 12:22pm Aug 8th 11
Bankzy

so i can be rank1 in 2 games, sounds greatD

Quote from FUTUREEE on the 8th of August 2011

Haha you wish, you'd have to work your way up from 100+ Plus you'd have to challenge first when they're free. In aus you can only have one challenge at a time, so you can try and wait but someone will probably challenge you first :p
Depends how lucky you get though, you might get matches as close as 2 days a part, so obviously would move up the ladder faster.
Posted 12:24pm Aug 8th 11
JiMmYION

"Updated the ladder so you lose points"

enjoy!

If something is wrong about anything use the ticket system; it pops up on my screen. I check the forums often but tickets are faster.
Posted 12:29pm Aug 8th 11
toxjee

Quote from _JP_ on the 8th of August 2011

Not in the way this ladder is built, they added so you cant get below 50(atleast I think) so that their formula for points will always work.
Posted 12:29pm Aug 8th 11
toxjee

i quote Asterix

"Updated the ladder so you lose points"

enjoy!

If something is wrong about anything use the ticket system; it pops up on my screen. I check the forums often but tickets are faster.

Quote from JiMmYION on the 8th of August 2011
muchos gracias senor.
Posted 12:35pm Aug 8th 11
endR
Posted 12:40pm Aug 8th 11
uzuma
The system of clanbase is standard but gets ****ed up by hackers.
If we use the same system with Speedlink-Anticheat, we'd see a big difference between the real top teams and the teams which are not as good as those top teams.

start: 1000 pts
play match: team 1 (1200pts) - team 2 (1400 pts)
score: 13 - 7, 13 - 8
pts: If your team has lower points then your opponent, you get 40 points + the average of the 2 team's points devided by one hundred

for example: team1 has 1200 pts, team 2 has 1400 pts.
team 1 wins: 40 points standard
extra points: 1200 + 1400 = 2600 ||| 2600 / 2 = 1300 ||| 1300 / 100 = 13 |||

In the end: team one wins 53 points, team 2 loses 53 points.
Posted 1:40pm Aug 8th 11
Facee

How does the australian ladder operate?

Quote from PenIsland on the 8th of August 2011
When you register you get chucked at the bottom, and if you want to progress up the ladder you challenge someone for there place. Eg 53rd challenges 38th if you win you move to 38th and the team you beat gets knocked down to 39th. So the only way you can get to first is by beating the top team.
So a simple if you can beat the team you challenge you move up to there spot :)
Still the same rules apply though, can only challenge half your teams position + 3 or something
So if you were 52nd you could challenge 23rd.
You'd have to be in the top ten if you would want to challenge for first

After 16 weeks (not certain on numbers) the top 8 teams in each leagues, cgi cgm cga cgo play off against each other. The 2 teams (again not certain on numbers) that play in the finals then progress up to the next leagues for next season.

Quote from Bankzy on the 8th of August 2011
That sounds like a much better system tbh :L

Quote from sentix on the 8th of August 2011

idd
Posted 2:10pm Aug 8th 11
AagaarD
Rather just do it like CB. That Australian thing sounds a bit fucked, can imagine all the teams in the top not playing that much then,
Posted 8:32pm Aug 8th 11
Bluhh
What if you then get as rank #1? Can you just stay there forever?
The alternative is that those challenged has to accept it otherwise they lose, but that seems kind of unfair since ALOT of teams would probably challenge the team ranked #1.
Otherwise lets say that you have to atleast have one match a week/month. Then the rank #1 team can just accept one match a week against really low players and keep their spot.

The cb way seems way more balanced tbh.
Posted 9:04pm Aug 8th 11
Bankzy

What if you then get as rank #1? Can you just stay there forever?
The alternative is that those challenged has to accept it otherwise they lose, but that seems kind of unfair since ALOT of teams would probably challenge the team ranked #1.
Otherwise lets say that you have to atleast have one match a week/month. Then the rank #1 team can just accept one match a week against really low players and keep their spot.

The cb way seems way more balanced tbh.

Quote from Bluhh on the 8th of August 2011
I'm pretty sure your problem is non existent seeing as we're in the 11th season of the cgo ladder, and have never had a problem with hows it runs.
There's still the whole thing wagered in where you can only challenge teams a certain amount bellow your rank. Plus you have teams waiting till 11pm (aus time) when the ladder resets, so they can put in their challenges before anyone else.
Posted 11:24pm Aug 8th 11