EU
PC
z
OP
GB
Rep:
34%
Well im looking at restructuring the layout of this map, it's clear from testing there is no "middle" and map lacks on flow so time to work out a better layout, i am open to suggestions.
I took a break from the map to work on some different layouts and had a bash at doing a cod version of piranesi from CS although thats rather large lol, but now im back to try and get the flow right for this one.
I'm currently looking at the layout for matmata which was part of the original inspiration for the buildings, and seeing how it was arranged and how it flowed, clearly defined routes, mid section etc etc it'll take a while before a version 2 is ready but it will be a completely revamped version.
Any ideas you have then feel free to post or shout me on xfire.
Downvote
6.1 years ago
US
Rep:
34%
One thing I noticed in the making of crash, was the layout started out as just the middle, and then they built the rest around it.

So I wonder if it would be a good idea to create the middle route first, make sure it's good, and then worry about the other routes.

That's something I want to try on my next map project.
Downvote
6.1 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
34%
Yer i tried this during my break from sometown but it didn't turn out too well as the middle just seemed to section the map into 2 halves, it may have worked if i tried working at it more but who knows. I have been looking at a lot of maps from other games and looking at how they "flow" and common elements in them and seeing how things could work in CoD4 then trying to create them in radiant and see how it looked, Piranesi for example, very big and tactical map as opposed to the usual open style we have atm, although it could create good gameplay and team work it wouldn't be liked much i dont think due to changing the way you play slightly.
Downvote
6.1 years ago
HU
Rep:
39%
mmm nice, looks good.
Downvote
6.1 years ago
PL
Rep:
31%
You and 1MLD people like this!
Downvote
6.1 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
34%
Well it's been about a week and a half since i started completely overhauling this map, it now looks nothing like before and has clearly defined routes round the edge and through the middle (see overhead), there is also a mid street and several vantage points. The map is not flat, although from the overhead you can't make out any of the gradiant changes but att spawn is higher than def, there are a few chances for scopes to get early picks, obviously details will be added i.e cars and general clutter etc etc.
The next few weeks will be spent adding detail and testing object placement and bomb site locations.
[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/NeoAtTotal/sometownv2overhead.jpg[/IMG]
Downvote
6 years ago
GB
Rep:
34%
I like it. o;
Downvote
5.8 years ago
GB
Rep:
51%
layout seems fine, you should do a video update kinda thing of the current state of the map, with a couple of updates before you release it, new maps are needed in cod4, but only very few maps will be good and competitive, therefore a lot of tries need to be made. GL with this map buddy, good maps need to be forced in!!!
Downvote
5.8 years ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
PUBG?
I want to play in CG PUBG competitions
I only play PUBG casually
I dont play PUBG
892 Votes