Is it worth moving to Sata 3?

Is it worth moving to Sata 3?

Thread started by PILLZ on Thursday, 6:34pm August 4th with 2 replies. Views: 2,936

PILLZ
Level: BRONZE
I need to buy a new HD anyhow , so i will be buying a sata 3 hd i just wanna know was it worth it for the users who decided to upgrade since im forced into it due to my Samsung f3 practically dying i wanna know if its got any added benefits , like is it much faster?

The drive im going for is the Seagate 500GB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 16MB Cache.

www.ebuyer.com/252857-seagate-500gb-3-5-barracuda-sata-iii-6gb-s-hard-drive-7200rpm-16mb-cache-st3500413as
Posted 6:34pm Aug 4th 11
enoxzr
SATA 3 is only worth it if you have SATA 3 ports on your motherboard, which are pretty much only found on the latest series of motherboards.

Besides that, SATA 3 is speedwise only worth it if you are going to buy an SSD in the range of a Vertex 3.

Your best option would be to buy a Spinpoint F3 disk. SATA 2, but one of the fastest disk around with a lot of bang for the buck
Posted 6:39pm Aug 4th 11
PILLZ
Ya my motherboard has a sata 3 port believe it or not I looked into it and the reviews are clearly stating a speed increase on the HD , 4 reviews and a few other reviews using a basic standard HD on the sata 3 ports. I just bought the drive off ebuyer >.< Its the perfect capacity for me as well. It will be here in the morning can post a few benchmarks for anyone else wanting to make the leap over to sata 3 >.<
Posted 6:59pm Aug 4th 11