CyberGamer back online... kinda

CyberGamer back online... kinda - Page: 3

Thread started by sn@p! on Friday, 11:10am February 25th with 113 replies. Views: 76,372

Aceman.
Level: BRONZE

Who ever did this needs to be taken to the street stripped, abused sexually, put on a pole, burned at a stack, then the remains eaten by hungry angry CG followers

Quote from Yukizor on the 25th of February 2011

Grab your torches and pitch forks! There be some huntin' that need to be done.
Posted 12:49pm Feb 25th 11
CLARKYonee
why would someone do this. i spent a whole like 10 mins on the first day cg went down opening and closing the site i thought is was my internet. i was really upset:(
Posted 12:55pm Feb 25th 11
NubeMassive

Who ever did this needs to be taken to the street stripped, abused sexually, put on a pole, burned at a stack, then the remains eaten by hungry angry CG followers

Quote from Yukizor on the 25th of February 2011
sounds like an everyday thing
Posted 1:35pm Feb 25th 11
Swiftz

Its good to be back.

I'm having trouble getting my notifications bar to pop up any ideas or is it bug related? Will wait and see i guess :)

Quote from BEST IN AUS on the 25th of February 2011

[SPOILER=SPOILER: Click to view]http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg[/SPOILER]

Quote from Morss on the 25th of February 2011

Quote from Swiftz on the 25th of February 2011
too easy.
Posted 1:38pm Feb 25th 11
Bodycount.
so what did you kids get up to while it was down?

I went for a few drives with the girl, and further expanded my Linux knowledge (which isnt much).
Posted 1:48pm Feb 25th 11
Shizmoo

NIFTY

Has been hunting and attacking modems and server everywhere. Look into him

Quote from Skceleton on the 26th of February 2011
i was going to write something to offend you but i just cant put into words how i feel about this post
Posted 2:55pm Feb 25th 11
NIFTY15
Posted 3:06pm Feb 25th 11
The.Samus

My life is back

Quote from BEST IN AUS on the 25th of February 2011
:) now i have my 4 sites back
i always have Facebook open Cybergamer Youtube and my clan webpage, its been boreing with out CG
Posted 3:20pm Feb 25th 11
DecyferXX
This has been asked before, but my question is a little different. Whoever did this attack, have they been found out? I'm not looking for an answer to who it is because I know that information won't be released. I'm just curious, because if they have it would be highly unlikely that they would/can do it again.
Posted 3:31pm Feb 25th 11
beckydee
Posted 3:51pm Feb 25th 11
mmelis
happy that CG has sorted it all out and is back on track, sorta.
Posted 3:54pm Feb 25th 11
NIFTY15
From what I heard. The sit was DDoS'd. No doubt the PC section would of been involved with it, and it takes about 100 people to DDoS a website with the server that CG has.

No one can be tracked from a DDoS attack and it's not illegal, you're just overloading the server with packets or something.
Posted 3:56pm Feb 25th 11
large brain
pretty sure intentionally disrupting a business website to the point it has to shut down is illegal.
Posted 4:06pm Feb 25th 11
neg

pretty sure intentionally disrupting a business website to the point it has to shut down is illegal.

Quote from rumox on the 26th of February 2011
really you are pretty sure?
Posted 4:08pm Feb 25th 11

From what I heard. The sit was DDoS'd. No doubt the PC section would of been involved with it, and it takes about 100 people to DDoS a website with the server that CG has.

No one can be tracked from a DDoS attack and it's not illegal, you're just overloading the server with packets or something.

Quote from NIFTY15 on the 26th of February 2011
One person CAN do it if he has had enough zombie computers, but more than likely it was multiple idiots. And not illegal? What rofl, you can go to prison for it.
Posted 4:09pm Feb 25th 11