EU
PC
Login  
z
OP
SE
Rep:
14%
So basically, a few days ago I had a stable 250 fps, now when i locked it on 250 its barely 170. So I have to lock it on 125.
Anyone knows why this would've happen? I tried yitch3 config, didnt make any difference, same with changing to a lower resolution/settings. Nothing seems to work. I reinstalled everything as well.
Thank you!
Downvote
5 wks ago
GB
Rep:
85%
Post Likes: 1
try cd in keyboard and see what happen
Downvote
5 wks ago
FR
Rep:
72%
Maybe your graphic card or your CPU are overheated, and you need to clean them.

If not, you may have an additionnal application (maybe a virus) running that use your CPU. If so, I encourage you to format your PC, then reinstall.

Sorry if I can't help you much better.... and good luck.
Downvote
5 wks ago
NL
Rep:
81%
balen maat
Downvote
5 wks ago
BE
Rep:
72%
Quote from chrsb on the 20th of April 2017:
I reinstalled everything as well.

Do you mean everything as in a clean windows reinstall?
Downvote
5 wks ago
SG
Rep:
25%
I had it like 5 days ago, I dismantled my Laptop re-pasted thermal paste and formatted to new Windows. All is fine now
Downvote
5 wks ago
FR
Rep:
72%
problem is now solved ?
Downvote
5 wks ago
OP
SE
Rep:
14%
Quote from uReaL|OUIC on the 22nd of April 2017:
problem is now solved ?

Hi, sorry for late answer. No, its not solved yet. I reinstalled my whole computer and it was fine for a few days, but now its back. And even worser, now its around 100 fps instead. And its literally unplayable, since I have a 144hz monitor and ye, you cant do shit with 100 fps.

Nothing seems to work, it works perfectly fine on my older computer with waaay worser components.
Downvote
3 wks ago
BE
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 1
U have spare parts to put in and try to find the problem out? For example, it could be a faulty GPU or CPU is just overheating a lot. Run CPU Z, check your temps, also MSi afterburner to check GPU's temps. If nothing comes out of the temps, try replacing each part and checking if the problem persists. If the problem still persists, try main components on a new mobo or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months). Also check your voltage settings on BIOS. GL
Downvote
3 wks ago
HU
Rep:
79%
Quote from pmz. on the 4th of May 2017:
U have spare parts to put in and try to find the problem out? For example, it could be a faulty GPU or CPU is just overheating a lot. Run CPU Z, check your temps, also MSi afterburner to check GPU's temps. If nothing comes out of the temps, try replacing each part and checking if the problem persists. If the problem still persists, try main components on a new mobo or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months). Also check your voltage settings on BIOS. GL
This.
Also dust your shit off.
Downvote
3 wks ago
ono
GB
Rep:
75%
or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months)

what? more like every year
Downvote
3 wks ago
BE
Rep:
72%
Quote from ono on the 5th of May 2017:
or simply checking thermal paste on ur cpu (if you game regularly, this should be replaced every 3 months)

www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2241334/apply-thermal-paste.html

Altough i don't need a forum to back my info up, even the paste guides say u should do it every 6 month. I do it between 3 and 6. Always good temps on the cpu and it's nice and fresh
Downvote
3 wks ago
ono
GB
Rep:
75%
Quote from pmz. on the 6th of May 2017:

Altough i don't need a forum to back my info up, even the paste guides say u should do it every 6 month. I do it between 3 and 6. Always good temps on the cpu and it's nice and fresh

"Quality thermal interface material shouldn't dry out, but if you notice that your temperatures are rising it wouldn't be a bad idea to take apart and clean you system, including a thermal compound refresh"

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1v6v18/how_often_should_i_replace_my_thermal_paste/

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/36c6mn/how_often_should_i_replace_the_thermal_paste_of/

legit never heard of something so stupid, 3 months? lmao my 2500k @4.5ghz ran cool with the same arctic silver thermal paste for 3 YEARS at low temps

you know the thermal paste doesnt just work perfect straight away? you actually have to give it time till it works at optimum performance...

" it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired. "

www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

stop spreading bullshit, you almost never have to replace your thermal paste unless you remove the heat sink or you fucked up your inital application of the paste, in most cases when you have high temps it will be more likely to be a dust build up or a blocked radiator, "good" paste can last for years.

if your thermal paste is dry after 3 months then id suggest buying real thermal paste.
Downvote
3 wks ago
NL
Rep:
76%
Quote from ono on the 6th of May 2017:
Quote from pmz. on the 6th of May 2017:

"Quality thermal interface material shouldn't dry out, but if you notice that your temperatures are rising it wouldn't be a bad idea to take apart and clean you system, including a thermal compound refresh"

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1v6v18/how_often_should_i_replace_my_thermal_paste/

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/36c6mn/how_often_should_i_replace_the_thermal_paste_of/

legit never heard of something so stupid, 3 months? lmao my 2500k @4.5ghz ran cool with the same arctic silver thermal paste for 3 YEARS at low temps

you know the thermal paste doesnt just work perfect straight away? you actually have to give it time till it works at optimum performance...

" it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired. "

www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

stop spreading bullshit, you almost never have to replace your thermal paste unless you remove the heat sink or you fucked up your inital application of the paste, in most cases when you have high temps it will be more likely to be a dust build up or a blocked radiator, "good" paste can last for years.

if your thermal paste is dry after 3 months then id suggest buying real thermal paste.
Mine has been going strong for 6 years now and still works fine lol
Downvote
3 wks ago
ono
GB
Rep:
75%
Quote from FrosteR on the 6th of May 2017:
Mine has been going strong for 6 years now and still works fine lol

hes probably used like 10 tubes of thermal paste in the past year, im still on my first arctic silver tube i bought in 2008 lmao
Downvote
3 wks ago

Follow CG On:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 2 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our April Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1232 Votes