PC
Login  
z
OP
CZ
Rep:
81%
Post Likes: 2
Opened this thread as a knowledge base for how to configure CGAC to run along with different antivirus programs. I'm seeing several tickets every week and am tired of writing down the same things over and over again.

Q1: I cannot run CGAC, it says something like no "cgac.exe", "update.exe", "imgproc.dll" or similar found, or the update process just goes into endless loop.
A1: You have some software on your PC that's preventing CGAC from updating or installing properly. In most cases this is antivirus program like Avira, McAfee, AVG etc.

Q2: But I don't have any antivirus on your PC.
A2: Double check again, you have something that's blocking it, programs don't go missing / get corrupted for no reason.

Q3: I have antivirus <myantivirusname>. How do I proceed?
A3: Uninstall CGAC, configure antivirus and reinstall it.

Q4: But how do I configure my antivirus?
A4: Google the following: "How to allow files and folders through <myantivirusname>". You can also take a look at comments of this thread, maybe somebody has the same AV as you and was nice enough to post his steps here.
NOTE: Please make sure you replace <myantivirusname> with your actual antivirus name.

Q5: Why you as a support aren't being more helpful?
A5: We are here to provide a support for anticheat itself, like in case of unexpected crashes, errors and similar. We are not here to be someones private IT support and troubleshoot problems of every individual and his PC.

Q6: Why is CGAC marked as virus?
A6: Its due to protection and possibly even detection methods the program uses, antivirus heuristics can detect this as false positive. Don't worry, we aren't mining Bitcoins on your PC.

Always do your best in effort to configure antivirus for CGAC files, rather than disabling it completely.
Downvote
2 months ago
OP
CZ
Rep:
81%
Avira:
Quote from otto- on the 10th of April 2017:
. 1st of all uninstall cgac from cgac uninstall.exe and delete the remaining files/paste then:

. turn off antivirus>install cgac>put the cybergamer paste in the whitelist/exceptions>turn on antivirus.

If that doesnt work you might have other programs like cleaners/malwares so you have to:

. 1st of all uninstall cgac from cgac uninstall.exe and delete the remaining files/paste then:

. turn off antivirus>install cgac>put the cybergamer paste in the whitelist/exceptions of antivirus+cleaning program+malware program>turn on antivirus.
http://eu.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/p8898152
Downvote
2 months ago
myss buried a post by SuKraMzE. Show
myss buried a post by SJAPP1SJAPP1SJAPP1. Show
myss buried a post by whadez. Show
myss buried a post by AHappyTeddyBear. Show
myss buried a post by No WaY>. Show
OP
CZ
Rep:
81%
Post Likes: 1
Some more detail explanation of Avira problem:
The problem of Avira is that when you add files to exceptions, you then need to restore blocked files from quarantine and allow them manually. Then their filesystem driver will lock files from deletion or modification, since we actually only did allow for specific version of those file out of quarantine.

This part works on binary signatures check, not just plain path check and that's why a lot of people have problem with Avira. It's actually quite a good method of stopping self-mutating viruses, but they should've definitely added some more exception options.

Screenshots of exceptions that should be added into Avira Settings:

After adding those make sure you actually restore/allow CGAC files from Avira's quarantine. Anticheat should then work fine until next update.

ON CGAC UPDATE:
Because of described problem update.exe won't have access to delete/modify cgac.exe and to continue with update procedure you will first need to manually remove locked files. To do that, remove all of those exeptions on screenshots above and rescan CyberGamer folder. Avira should report that threats were found, go to its quarantine and make sure you remove CGAC files from there totally (like you would do with malware). Now add those exceptions back, go to CGAC folder and run update.exe. Avira should report threats again, just this time don't delete reported file, allow it.

If everything else fails, you can always uninstall Avira, install CGAC and update it, install Avira and add those exceptions to it and then go to Avira's quarantine and allow CGAC files that were blocked. Or just install different antivirus..
Downvote
2 months ago
IL
Rep:
80%
hi guys i got this problem please help..
http://ibb.co/b4eqFv
Downvote
3 wks ago

Follow CG On:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 7 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our May Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1598 Votes