? Sign Up!
OP
DE
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
83%
EU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
I tried to do the math on the double elimination how much longer it would take.

Single Elimination 4 weeks

Week 1 Best of 16
Week 2 Quarter Final
Week 3 Semi Final
Week 4 Final

Double Elimination 8 weeks

Week 1 Best of 16
Week 2 Quarter Finals UB + LB Round 1
Week 3 Semi Finals UB + LB Round 2
Week 4 Final UB + LB Round 3
Week 5 LB Round 4
Week 6 LB Round 5
Week 7 LB Round 6
Week 8 Final

I don't like DE but that's just my honest opinion, right now we don't have active shoutcasters anyways so I can't argue with "ppl would lose interest to watch the lower bracket rounds and by the time the final happens nobody will care".
So yeah, if ppl really want double elimination I ask for a few teams to agree on this or if you don't like it as me to give feedback to stick with single elimination.

As for the random maps we will most likely stick to that. If you want to "practice maps" you can do so on CGo. It also give variety to play against the same opponents which clearly happens more often with the current state of the game. Unless the majority of the ladder participants will give feedback otherwise.
Downvote
5 wks ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC Moderator
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
76%
Quote from tobsn on the 18th of April 2017:
Quote from FrosteR on the 18th of April 2017:
Map veto please, random system is kinda silly as you can't practice the maps you want. The main reason we didn't play p2p this season as preparation for LAN....

you told everyone that you couldnt practise because your team had no time
Yeah we barely had time so we decided to do PCW's so we could use our little time properly and not be forced to play maps we were gonna veto anyway.
Downvote
5 wks ago
SE
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
83%
Quote from jnsu on the 18th of April 2017:
Have to agree, let us veto in p2p matches.
Downvote
5 wks ago
IL
using Firefox 53.0
Rep:
85%
I don't get it why giving teams a week to do a lb match?

What about 2 days?

Seriously if you can't find 2 hours in a day to play a little match that's bad.

I say make it 1 week for ub matches. LB matches should be played within 2 days since the match is up. I highly doubt people will no show .

Like the worst case for teams in single elimination is being kicked out after first loss. So they get a 2nd chance in the LB , If they can't show up it still means its not worse than getting kicked in a single elimination system . Hope you agree with me on this one .
Downvote
5 wks ago
NL
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
84%
Quote from darl1Ng on the 18th of April 2017:
I don't get it why giving teams a week to do a lb match?

What about 2 days?

Seriously if you can't find 2 hours in a day to play a little match that's bad.

I say make it 1 week for ub matches. LB matches should be played within 2 days since the match is up. I highly doubt people will no show .

Like the worst case for teams in single elimination is being kicked out after first loss. So they get a 2nd chance in the LB , If they can't show up it still means its not worse than getting kicked in a single elimination system . Hope you agree with me on this one .

LOL you do know that for a match to be played, 10 people need to be able to play?
People have different shifts at work every week, different obligations etc. But I agree if people really want a LB in the playoffs you will need to play 2 matches per week.
Downvote
5 wks ago
NL
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
84%
Quote from jUZE on the 18th of April 2017:
Map veto please, random system is kinda silly as you can't practice the maps you want. The main reason we didn't play p2p this season as preparation for LAN. Also having a lowerbracket would be nice I guess! It's an online tournament so it doesn't matter (time/PC wise etc)

Lower bracket means the play-offs will take longer to finish as you only need to play 1 play-off match per week.

As for map veto, the reason it was not implemented was that the best team would have to be good on all maps. With veto you can always remove your worst map.

So not a fan of the veto
Then make it ''pick pick remove remove'' instead? Even though ''remove remove pick pick'' is better because you get 3 maps that both teams are decent on. Surely it's more interesting to play a match that goes 13-11, 11-13, 13-11 than a match that goes 13-4, 4-13, 13-11?

It doesn't matter if playoffs last longer though, it's not like we are at a LAN where we need to finish all matches in a few days. As long as we just start the next season as soon as the playoffs start, then everyone has something to play for. We need to decrease the downtime for teams who didnt qualify or got knocked out in the playoffs early on.

p2p isn't made for fun, it was made to have some sort of competition as an online league because you have something to play for. Nobody watches p2p matches anyway so it doesn't matter if you play 13-11 twice or even overtime. I rather play 2 matches a night then only one bo3.

Even CGo now has prizes to play for.
As I said before, VETO is pointless as teams will just remove their worst map regardless of the order in which it is done.

If you want to practice, play CGo where you can pick a map or play a pcw versus a CG team.
Downvote
5 wks ago
CZ
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
84%
Quote from GoTTiii on the 18th of April 2017:
I tried to do the math on the double elimination how much longer it would take.

Single Elimination 4 weeks

Week 1 Best of 16
Week 2 Quarter Final
Week 3 Semi Final
Week 4 Final

Double Elimination 8 weeks

Week 1 Best of 16
Week 2 Quarter Finals UB + LB Round 1
Week 3 Semi Finals UB + LB Round 2
Week 4 Final UB + LB Round 3
Week 5 LB Round 4
Week 6 LB Round 5
Week 7 LB Round 6
Week 8 Final

I don't like DE but that's just my honest opinion, right now we don't have active shoutcasters anyways so I can't argue with "ppl would lose interest to watch the lower bracket rounds and by the time the final happens nobody will care".
So yeah, if ppl really want double elimination I ask for a few teams to agree on this or if you don't like it as me to give feedback to stick with single elimination.

As for the random maps we will most likely stick to that. If you want to "practice maps" you can do so on CGo. It also give variety to play against the same opponents which clearly happens more often with the current state of the game. Unless the majority of the ladder participants will give feedback otherwise.

Random maps are the best solution, you will play all the maps during the season and u cant dodge or prefer 1 map so I think this "random" system is fine.
Downvote
5 wks ago
IT
using Firefox 53.0
Rep:
77%
Juze, veto's problem is that team 1 can remove always the same map, the fix can be "third map" random and the other 2 with veto system. Ez
Downvote
5 wks ago
FR
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
87%
Post Likes: 6
p2p isn't made for fun, it was made to have some sort of competition as an online league because you have something to play for.

so if its a competition why do you want random map ?
CSGO is a competitive game and they have to veto like every games (Ban on lol, dota / veto on CSGO)
You want competition with random map ? This is definitely not competition
Downvote
5 wks ago
BE
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
81%
Quote from supMEH on the 18th of April 2017:
p2p isn't made for fun, it was made to have some sort of competition as an online league because you have something to play for.

CSGO is a competitive game and they have to veto like every games (Ban on lol, dota / veto on CSGO)

+
Downvote
5 wks ago
BE
using Firefox 53.0
Rep:
77%

+1 +1 +1
Downvote
5 wks ago
FR
using Firefox 53.0
Rep:
83%
CoD4 PUG Admin
Quote from jaroslav aka Roberto on the 18th of April 2017:

+1 +1 +1
+10
Downvote
5 wks ago
la colère
CZ
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
84%
Quote from No WaY> on the 18th of April 2017:
Quote from jaroslav aka Roberto on the 18th of April 2017:

+1 +1 +1
+10

lul it doesnt make any sense
Downvote
5 wks ago
NL
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
84%
Esl pro league and ecs have pre determined maps without veto's.
And Yes I do think random maps makes it more competitive. So you dont end up like navi and ban cache every lan lmfao.

Also you cant compare lol and dota to a fps game
Downvote
5 wks ago
RO
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
75%
Quote from GoTTiii on the 18th of April 2017:
Unless the majority of the ladder participants will give feedback otherwise.

Make a poll please.

Edited once, 19/4/17 - 1:18am.
Downvote
5 wks ago

Follow CG On:
Ongoing PC PUGs:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 6 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our April Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1147 Votes