EU
PC
z
OP
IL
Rep:
85%
Hello ,

I find it important for some players to hear from the expeirenced players around about how to prepare properly to a LAN.

So if any of you can give their unique advice on how to come prepared for a lan based on their expeirence it will be much appreciated.

Thanxz
Downvote
4 months ago
NL
Rep:
77%
Post Likes: 2
Bring a USB with your config, drivers etc

Play on absolute shit settings at home for a week before LAN, then LAN monitors will feel amazing
Downvote
4 months ago
GB
Rep:
84%
EU News Writer
Make sure your mousepad is thick enough, as all lan tables are terrible. Also further to what Froster said, upload it all to the cloud or something as well incase you forget or lose your USB, which someone always does :p and remember that your lan cfg needs cl_packetdup 0
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
IL
Rep:
85%
What is cl_packetdup 0 ?
Downvote
4 months ago
NL
Rep:
77%
Quote from darl1Ng on the 23rd of March 2017:
What is cl_packetdup 0 ?

Increases hit registration on LAN connections. You will have <10 ping which means u don't need your connection to send duplicate packets (packetdup). Never really noticed the difference all that much but always used it just in case.
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
IL
Rep:
85%
So it means it will be easier to aim . Did I understand correctly?
Downvote
4 months ago
GB
Rep:
79%
No it doesn't mean that, it allegedly improves the reg a little bit but like Froster said I never noticed the difference
Downvote
4 months ago
NL
Rep:
77%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from darl1Ng on the 23rd of March 2017:
So it means it will be easier to aim . Did I understand correctly?
No. It means you will have less of those ''wtf i shot exactly at him but the game says i didnt hit him'' moments.
Downvote
4 months ago
NL
Rep:
84%
Perhaps for me the most important thing I learnt from going to LAN's, is that at 8 out of 10 LAN's the chairs are gonna be absolute horror.

I usually take a big pillow with me and put it behind my back to get atleast a bit of support in your back since most of the chairs I sat on weren't really comparable to home.
Downvote
4 months ago
NL
Rep:
85%
Quote from bluEz on the 23rd of March 2017:
Perhaps for me the most important thing I learnt from going to LAN's, is that at 8 out of 10 LAN's the chairs are gonna be absolute horror.

I usually take a big pillow with me and put it behind my back to get atleast a bit of support in your back since most of the chairs I sat on weren't really comparable to home.

First time I went TP I stacked 3 chairs on eachother just to sit at a comfortable height.
Chairs at Brussels were amazing though.

But yeah, bring an USB for your cfg, drivers, settings and most importantly the LAN demos
Downvote
4 months ago
DE
Rep:
83%
Always take your stuff with you when you leave your seat and dont leave your wallet in your bag somewhere when noone is there to keep an eye on it
Downvote
4 months ago
NL
Rep:
84%
SPOILER: Click to view

Last time I went to OOF3, which was 8 years ago they had horrendous wooden chairs who nearly fell apart, so I assume they've upgraded in the last couple of years, but yeah they're Belgians so you never know
Downvote
4 months ago
NL
Rep:
77%
Post Likes: 2
I always stack 3 chairs, else I can't reach the desk
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
IL
Rep:
85%
I saw a picture which shows that the chairs have wheels. So you can't stack 3 chairs. But I highly doubt it will be a problem. Like why would they have chairs which not fit their desks?
Downvote
4 months ago
BE
Rep:
79%
Quote from FrosteR on the 23rd of March 2017:
Bring a USB with your config, drivers etc

Play on absolute shit settings at home for a week before LAN, then LAN monitors will feel amazing

<3
Downvote
4 months ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players