Login:
? Sign Up!
jv_
DE
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 1
We are building a team right now. Count us in!
Downvote
10 days ago
DE
using Firefox 51.0
Rep:
88%
Quote from vioqor on the 18th of March 2017:
Friday & Saturday & Sunday 15-16-17 September
That date is really not smart, it is way, way too early.

Hosting a lan before november is suicide. COD2 will always be, and always has been, dead during the summer, which totally makes sense. People start playing cod again when they go back to uni when the summer is over, in september. There is no way a LAN in september will succeed.

I spoke to a lot of people and everyone agreed that even october would probably be too early, November would be perfect.

Teams will start playing again in september, then they need to form teams, and then they need to practice. If you host a lan in november teams have about two months to do that, which is enough I think.

Great initiative, but please change the date to half november or so.

ofc we can change the date maybe for half of 10.2017 but we need opinion from all interested teams
Downvote
10 days ago
DE
using Firefox 51.0
Rep:
88%
Quote from demonic- on the 18th of March 2017:
why remove trainstation? what's the point in switching maps when we have just established one as being viable.

we didn't even get a chance to play it but from what i can gather, other teams liked it

its not sure about vallente, we will just make a vote for paid teams later why not.
Downvote
10 days ago
DE
using Firefox 51.0
Rep:
88%
as first we must know wchich date is the best for create this lan and then we must ask the owners in munish if its posiible.

so we are waiting for teams opinion about best date for them
Downvote
10 days ago
IN
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
end of november and Im coming from india
Downvote
10 days ago
DE
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
82%
Stofftiere would prefer november/december as well!
Downvote
10 days ago
HR
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
86%
Dont change 6th map...
Downvote
10 days ago
HR
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
87%
Post Likes: 4
Yes dont change map , remove it
Downvote
10 days ago
CZ
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
78%
I think dp would be interested if the date was later. Vio is right here, november is ideal. Late october maybe, not earlier.
Downvote
10 days ago
DE
using Firefox 51.0
Rep:
88%
true
Downvote
10 days ago
GB
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
88%
Post Likes: 5
Hey, great to see people are trying to host another LAN, but please please think it through carefully. Here are some of my thoughts after reading the original post.

Date:

September is definitely too early, I'd even say October is too early too, November is probably the safest bet. Teams are never really able to be active during the summer months because individuals keep jetting away on holiday and then that team aren't able to practise. Besides people just generally spend less time at the PC during the summer. September is generally the time when people become more active within the CoD scene, so having a LAN in November would give teams a solid 2 months to prepare for the LAN which is ideal. September definitely won't work, October isn't great either.

Prizes:

I actually like the fact that the entry fee is 300 euro instead of 250, gives that extra bit of money to the prizepool and really doesn't change much for expenses per person, 10 euro extra per person is nothing when you are already paying for Hotel, flights, trains and what not anyway. So yeah the extra cash toward the prizepool would be quite nice. Potentially another 1200 euro to the prizepool.

However, I really don't think having a cash prize for ranks 1-8 is a good idea, this is not CS:GO with fuck loads of money. You should focus on making the prizes for the top3 as attractive as possible. For a prizepool of 4200euro (24*300-3000) I'd suggest:

1st: 2500euro
    2nd: 1000euro
    3rd: 700euro

The first place prize should really be as attractive as possible and the other 2 prizes should kinda feel like consolation prizes.

Map Pool:

After the recent LAN I really don't think we should go back on the progress we've made by replacing or removing trainstation. A 6 map pool isn't ideal anyway, so personally I feel like you should make it a 7 map pool and just add vallente.

I actually enjoyed having a new map in the map pool even though we never won it when it came to LAN anyway. Some teams just had the wrong attitude and tried to avoid the map instead of actually learning it.

LAN Format:

I guess a 3 days event is okay, it would relax the schedule a lot and make the LAN more enjoyable for everyone. It just means one extra day off work which isn't that hard to actualise, especially if the LAN is announced and confirmed way in advance. If people can't request a few days holiday (thurs, fri, mon) then I dunno what kind of company they are working for but UL. Perhaps it's different throughout europe so it'd be interesting to see what other peoples opinions are on this.

~~

I know you spoke to the owner of the venue but did you actually speak to gObl and rikkz? I guess "Forgotten Soldiers" is their brand and not the venues.

If you need any help thinking stuff through, feel free to pm me.

GOOD LUCK
Downvote
9 days ago
NL
using Chrome 44.0
Rep:
84%
Symptomatic Vigor definitely interested in attending another LAN! Moste likely with the same lineup aswell..

And about the date and otger topics, I feel the most for the suggestions Hatton made.
Downvote
9 days ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
88%
See you all in Munich again
Downvote
9 days ago
"Friends" bring out the best in you, where others do not bother to search for. Evolve: Leg3nd Overwolf = fURBYx
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
88%
hmm .. idk
Downvote
9 days ago
DE
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
85%