87%
its gonna be hard without promod to get something "competitive"
Downvote
8 months ago
DE
Rep:
83%
EU Site Admin
That's why Marc is taking the lead on this, cba with all that arguing about rules =D #hopeforpromod
Downvote
8 months ago
BE
Rep:
81%
Quote from MARC on the 28th of October 2016:
what you guys think about allowing red dot?

You need less skill to be able to play with the red dot. The precision is too good when you shoot on someone and I just like how the things were back in the day. Not too much tralala and just raw aiming skill.
Downvote
8 months ago
DE
Rep:
83%
EU Site Admin
Quote from Strove on the 28th of October 2016:
You need less skill to be able to play with the red dot. The precision is too good when you shoot on someone and I just like how the things were back in the day. Not too much tralala and just raw aiming skill.
Downvote
8 months ago
IL
Rep:
71%
Quote from darl1Ng on the 28th of October 2016:
There is no promod.

The least we can do is having a rule set that will let us have the game the most similar to promod.

Or play a bit differently? People have been trying to copy promod for the past 8 years and all it did was ruin the game. I'm not saying we should play with red dot, but I think it's time people try to change some stuff abit. Changing the game constantly is what keeps it alive.
Downvote
8 months ago
BE
Rep:
81%
Quote from KALABOKK on the 28th of October 2016:
There is no promod.

The least we can do is having a rule set that will let us have the game the most similar to promod.

Or play a bit differently? People have been trying to copy promod for the past 8 years and all it did was ruin the game. I'm not saying we should play with red dot, but I think it's time people try to change some stuff abit. Changing the game constantly is what keeps it alive.

There's nothing wrong with the same settings. When you look at CSGO, when you look at the gameplay, it almost never changes. Look at the guns and grenades, it changed only a few months ago (spray patterns and some other things that I don't know). The big ass problem with CoD was, we were always looking at the same maps. In CSGO they change the maps and force the community to play it. We had to make the maps ourselves and had to vote if the map was good enough, otherwise it was never implemented in the game or nobody chose to play it. This is still the problem that's going to occur in the remastered version tho, so yeah.
Downvote
8 months ago
DE
Rep:
83%
EU Site Admin
We have the perfect game with promod, it's never gonna come down to "do something different" in the end we will only get a bigger community if the publisher pushes the game. If not we can do w/e we want and it'll fail.
We only still play CoD4 nowadays because it's so much fun and it's only fun because all those frustrating things like perks, claimores and cooked nades were removed.
Downvote
8 months ago
BE
Rep:
81%
The only way that MWR will turn into a somewhat more active way, is that ESL picks this game up right from the beginning. We need a platform that everybody knows, because otherwise this game will end up in its same state after 3 to 6 months cause nobody knows cybergamer. Just a point that I wanted to make.
Downvote
8 months ago
FR
Rep:
83%
Quote from KALABOKK on the 27th of October 2016:
Quote from CLMK. on the 26th of October 2016:
Quote from FrosteR on the 26th of October 2016:
Quote from Gazreyn on the 26th of October 2016:
Thing that sucks is that I'm pretty sure, like other games that the only way to play this will be using peer to peer under the private game option.
Dedicated servers have been confirmed. But let's see what they really mean by ''dedicated servers''.

They said BO3 had "dedicated servers"... just sayin...

And it has? Do people not know how the difference between a SERVER BROWSER, and dedicated servers? Or did you play on someone's host on BO3? lol even if you open a freaking lobby, it's relying on their servers. Oh, and it also has server browser now, it came with mod tools.

yes cool you play on dedicated server in public matchs, but you play peer2peer in private, thats competitive as fuck.
Downvote
8 months ago
IL
Rep:
71%
Quote from CLMK. on the 28th of October 2016:
Quote from KALABOKK on the 27th of October 2016:
Quote from CLMK. on the 26th of October 2016:
Quote from FrosteR on the 26th of October 2016:
Quote from Gazreyn on the 26th of October 2016:
Thing that sucks is that I'm pretty sure, like other games that the only way to play this will be using peer to peer under the private game option.
Dedicated servers have been confirmed. But let's see what they really mean by ''dedicated servers''.

They said BO3 had "dedicated servers"... just sayin...

And it has? Do people not know how the difference between a SERVER BROWSER, and dedicated servers? Or did you play on someone's host on BO3? lol even if you open a freaking lobby, it's relying on their servers. Oh, and it also has server browser now, it came with mod tools.

yes cool you play on dedicated server in public matchs, but you play peer2peer in private, thats competitive as fuck.

Did you even try to play the game? IT'S NOT P2P IN PRIVATE.
So many games nowadays work that way:
TitanFall, Overwatch, Dota 2, Battlerite and many fucking more.
Now please, stop spitting lies about things you have no clue about, it's not Modern Warfare 2 anymore.
Downvote
8 months ago
IL
Rep:
71%
The only way that MWR will turn into a somewhat more active way, is that ESL picks this game up right from the beginning. We need a platform that everybody knows, because otherwise this game will end up in its same state after 3 to 6 months cause nobody knows cybergamer. Just a point that I wanted to make.

The people who play the original CoD4 know CG?
Downvote
8 months ago
NL
Rep:
77%
Quote from byTe on the 28th of October 2016:
What about hitmarkers ? Wallbanging is going to be ridiculous.
You could hear if you hit someone in Promod anyway so barely makes a diffference.
Downvote
8 months ago
NL
Rep:
77%
My opinion :

Perk #1 : bandoiler.

Perk #2 stopping power

Perk #3 Deep impact.

Indeed stuns are forbidden.

flashes and smokes allowed.

Holding the nade is forbidden . Player to do so will automatically lose the round.
Deep impact is a terrible idea. Iron lungs (hold breath for longer) would be a good solution because snipers will be a bit better (remember how the stock COD4 sniper is a bit harder to use).

Deep impact would change the whole game, makes walls wallbangable that weren't before etc.

You are gonna have to deal with cooknades. Remember COD4 was amazingly active and competitive in 2008 and cooknades were there.
Downvote
8 months ago
BE
Rep:
81%
Quote from KALABOKK on the 29th of October 2016:

The people who play the original CoD4 know CG?

How much are out there that actually know cybergamer? Like 150-200 players?
Downvote
8 months ago

Ongoing PC PUGs:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Current events
More
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 4 Days Congratulations , our June Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1965 Votes