Login:
? Sign Up!
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
88%
Quote from warking on the 18th of October 2016:
Quote from scrzzz on the 18th of October 2016:
To be fair the ladder is gonna take a month extra , so boosting the entry fee isnt such a bad idea. And it might attract some "stopped" players who also wanna compete for the bigger prizepool?

yes but if u wanna attract some BETTER ppl who "stopped" playing u should go with 50e+ per team, if theres gonna be 20 teams for example, you got 1000e prizemoney + donate money, these croatins teams (no offence) or low skilled players wont pay more than 15e per team because they know they cant be top 3, they just get rekt, glady had good idea to make a LAN in Czech Republic with high prizemoney but its almost impossible to bring better cod4 players on LAN, cuz they have a job + costs for hotel, airplane, so the only way is to make "online league" - P2P for higher prizemoney so they have something to fight for... otherwise theres gonna be only 5kings + maximum 2-3 better teams always in playoff..

Yep , thats why im hoping if the entry fee gets upped, it might attract some players who have stopped and think they have a shot at the money asswell.

But its a pretty big guess, its no use having a season with only 5 teams paid
Downvote
5 months ago
CZ
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
84%
Quote from warking on the 18th of October 2016:
To be fair the ladder is gonna take a month extra , so boosting the entry fee isnt such a bad idea. And it might attract some "stopped" players who also wanna compete for the bigger prizepool?

yes but if u wanna attract some BETTER ppl who "stopped" playing u should go with 50e+ per team, if theres gonna be 20 teams for example, you got 1000e prizemoney + donate money, these croatins teams (no offence) or low skilled players wont pay more than 15e per team because they know they cant be top 3, they just get rekt, glady had good idea to make a LAN in Czech Republic with high prizemoney but its almost impossible to bring better cod4 players on LAN, cuz they have a job + costs for hotel, airplane, so the only way is to make "online league" - P2P for higher prizemoney so they have something to fight for... otherwise theres gonna be only 5kings + maximum 2-3 better teams always in playoff..

Yep , thats why im hoping if the entry fee gets upped, it might attract some players who have stopped and think they have a shot at the money asswell.

But its a pretty big guess, its no use having a season with only 5 teams paid

ye there must be another way.. lets start a thread about who is able to pay more than 50e entry money :DD
Downvote
5 months ago
IR
using Chrome 59.0
Rep:
78%
we need to poll about entry money
Downvote
5 months ago
OP
DE
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
83%
EU Site Admin
Just give your opinion, no need for an anomynous poll, ppl need to speak up, we can't have a poll about every single setting of the ladder.
Downvote
5 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC Moderator
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
IL
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
85%
I say 50E or even more
Downvote
5 months ago
HR
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
78%
or wait for remaster
Downvote
5 months ago
IR
using Chrome 59.0
Rep:
78%
50 euro is definitely high for some countries ,specially when they know they have no chance . probably I will form a team and play this P2P season and 50euro is ok for us , but looking at majority of teams , I guess they prefer to pay less . Maybe 35E?
Downvote
5 months ago
OP
DE
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
83%
EU Site Admin
I think 25€ is a good amount. Anybody who can spare more can do so via donations. This will give us a good amount of teams + the opportunity to boost the prize pool via donations. We only need 12 teams with 25€ and have the same prize pool than this season already.
Downvote
5 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • EU Site Admin
  • EU PC Moderator
  • EU PC CoD4 Admin
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
84%
It is not about being able to, it is about wanting too
Everyone can give out 10e so you have an entry fee of 50e per team but if in the end you play the same teams over and over then it is not worth it to pay so much.

Yes the scene is way smaller now but tbh it is always the same teams in p2p and the same teams that are active in it.

If I want to play the same players or even different ones I can play CGo for free. The only difference will be the bo3.
Downvote
5 months ago
IL
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
85%
More money more better teams. People are not paying 50 Euros to win the finals . People pay 50 Euros to have fun and get decent matches.
Downvote
5 months ago
SE
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
81%
Let people have one mixer. As long as it's still 4 people that are actually in the team playing.
Downvote
5 months ago
CZ
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
84%
Quote from Noun on the 19th of October 2016:
Let people have one mixer. As long as it's still 4 people that are actually in the team playing.

Why? You have 7 members for 1 team and 3 tickets
Downvote
5 months ago
SE
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
81%
Quote from warking on the 19th of October 2016:
Quote from Noun on the 19th of October 2016:

Why? You have 7 members for 1 team and 3 tickets
A lot of people have problems getting 7 people, getting 5 is much more so. Should allow atleast one mixer. If you have 5 people and then 2 backups the reason they are backup in the first place is probably they couldn't be active enough to play all the time.

I think it's reasonable to allow people who still have 4/5 people from the team to use one mixer. It's stupid to force them to play cgo if they want to play p2p and have paid for it and they actually have 4 players of the team there. It would increase the activity of the ladder a lot I think.

Edited once, 19/10/16 - 11:43am.
Downvote
5 months ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
84%
Quote from darl1Ng on the 19th of October 2016:
More money more better teams. People are not paying 50 Euros to win the finals . People pay 50 Euros to have fun and get decent matches.

With the current state of the game you do not get fun and decent matches. Not even for 50e in p2p
Downvote
5 months ago
NL
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
83%
Post Likes: 1
Just to give my two cents:

I dont think players that have quit will come back for a bigger prizepool.

CoD4 will always have small prizepots, and you'd be competing for a maximum amount of like 200 dollars? Divide that by five you have like 40 quid for playing 2/3 actual good games.
CoD4 will always be community funded and as the community exists mostly of players who dont have that much to spend (because of currency exchange rates or just downright poverty), events will never see big prizes anymore and therefore will not attract big players anymore.

If I look at myself and other ex CoD4 players, its just not worth it. Most of them have moved to CSGO and are now practicing with their teams up to 3/4 nights a week.

If anything if you want more teams, you should lower the entry fee. Want the average skill to be higher? Up the entry fee.

Its a shame really, Call of Duty Remastered could have been the fresh breeze this community has hoped for. Sadly, developers stated early on mod tools would not be released. Rip the dream.

I could go into why CoD4 or CoD Remastered or any CoD for that matter will never be succesfull as a competitive PC fps again but that's old news and not really interesting for anyone.

Hope this finds the teams it needs and deserves so you guys can enjoy the game we all love a little bit longer.
Downvote
5 months ago
how can into roccat without the roccat mouse?