Sponsors:
Start your own gaming site:
Login:
? Sign Up!
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
@d3do The carentan roof isn't actually a bug though. It looks like you can see through the wall, but you actually can't. (we checked this online before tomorrowlan, and again after danne did the jump). Why not allow it then?
Downvote
1 year ago
HU
using Chrome 48.0
Rep:
87%
I've got 3 questions(Just to make things clear):
- Can we shout like crazy, like we always do? :))
- Does this mean that roof jumps on carentan are disallowed?
- Can u boost under carentan A mg for example? (The use of 333 fps, nade or boosting is not allowed when you plant a bomb, or anywhere else in the game. )

Thanks!

16. Proneclipping and MG clipping are dissalowed, even if they do not involve shooting. Each time they occur, the team in question will lose a round.

Thank god
Downvote
1 year ago
OP
CZ
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
84%
- reasonably
- yes
- no
Downvote
1 year ago
CZ
using Chrome 49.0
Rep:
82%
Even the default one onto the sniper house? :O
Downvote
1 year ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
Quote from d3do on the 17th of March 2016:
- reasonably
- yes
- no

I would like to hear some explanation for the carentan jumps.

You can reach the roofs without any illegal moves, and there are no bugs on the roofs.

It LOOKS as if you can see through the roofs, but you can't. You can't see anyone top mid, on the street, or in box house etc etc.

So why exactly would the jumps be disallowed? There are no bugs involved.

We even checked with all teamcaptains and admins on tomorrowlan when danne did the jump, and everyone agreed it wasn't a bug. So why would the jumps be considered bugs now and be banned?

Edited twice, last edited 17/3/16 - 10:53pm.
Downvote
1 year ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
I have another question as well, dunno if its even still possible, but is defusing through walls allowed?
Downvote
1 year ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
d3do ignored me on this aswell, I honestly see no reason to ban it. Its been allowed on cg for ages, now you ban it on LAN? Is that because you can actually make the rules yourself now? Your team probably cant do it am I right? Afraid people use it against you and you cant do the same? That's honestly what I'm starting to think at this point.

The bug is that you can see through box house. Agreed, but you CAN'T see players through it. POINTLESS to ban it.

PJSalt
Downvote
1 year ago
CZ
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
77%
A team cannot eliminate the same two maps 2 times in a row, or 1 map 3 times in a row. This cycle continues into the playoffs as well.

does this mean if we eliminate Matmata in the 2nd and 3rd round of groupstage, we cant eliminate it in the 1st playoff round? or does it just say that the same rule applies in both the groupstage and the playoff?
Downvote
1 year ago
rpz
HR
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
87%
I agree with baning that carentan jump its dumb
Downvote
1 year ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
Quote from rpz on the 17th of March 2016:
I agree with baning that carentan jump its dumb

Do you agree that it should be banned, or do you agree it should not be banned?

your statement is a bit vague;p

anyway i dont see how something that is not a bug in anyway can even be banned
Downvote
1 year ago
SI
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
88%
Quote from iconz on the 17th of March 2016:
d3do ignored me on this aswell, I honestly see no reason to ban it. Its been allowed on cg for ages, now you ban it on LAN? Is that because you can actually make the rules yourself now? Your team probably cant do it am I right? Afraid people use it against you and you cant do the same? That's honestly what I'm starting to think at this point.

The bug is that you can see through box house. Agreed, but you CAN'T see players through it. POINTLESS to ban it.

PJSalt

what did you expect from team that can't do that jump ? but who cares, he is admin he can do whatever he wants
Downvote
1 year ago
HR
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
that carentan jump is stupid and gives allies side an advantage of seeing entire map, which, in my opinion wasnt meant like that ! +1 for banning it.
Downvote
1 year ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
Quote from bananawet on the 17th of March 2016:
Quote from iconz on the 17th of March 2016:

PJSalt

what did you expect from team that can't do that jump ? but who cares, he is admin he can do whatever he wants

Well I expect dedo to elaborate, cos he can't just ban something that is part of the game based on personal preference tbh. The jump seems like a bug, cos it seems as if you can look through the walls, but you can't actually see anyone (which was tested). So perhaps he thinks you can and thats why he wants it banned, its the explanation. Cos in the end it just comes down to jumpingskills and it gives you no unfair advantage cos you can't see people through walls.
Downvote
1 year ago
NL
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
Quote from zipp58 on the 17th of March 2016:
that carentan jump is stupid and gives allies side an advantage of seeing entire map, which, in my opinion wasnt meant like that ! +1 for banning it.

you cant see the entire map at all, and its very easy to counter.

if we start banning stuff on personal preference all hope is lost. you ban stuff cos its broken or bugged, not cos you personally dont like something (or cos you cant make the jump).

The jump slightly increases the possibilities for the allies, but the map is still heavily axis sided.
Downvote
1 year ago
HR
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
86%
Quote from vioqor on the 17th of March 2016:
Quote from zipp58 on the 17th of March 2016:

you cant see the entire map at all, and its very easy to counter.

if we start banning stuff on personal preference all hope is lost. you ban stuff cos its broken or bugged, not cos you personally dont like something (or cos you cant make the jump).

The jump slightly increases the possibilities for the allies, but the map is still heavily axis sided.

i bet at least 70 percent attending teams would agree to ban it
Downvote
1 year ago