1. The map pool for TLS3 will be mp_burgundy, mp_matmata, mp_carentan, mp_toujane and mp_dawnville.
2. Maps are chosen by veto, based on a pistol bash. The team that loses the pistol bash, eliminates first. This cycle continues into infinity for as long as it is required, 2-1,2-1. Vetoed maps must be reported to admins, who will monitor all the team choices throughout the tournament. A team cannot eliminate the same two maps 2 times in a row, or 1 map 3 times in a row. This cycle continues into the playoffs as well.
3. In the groupstages every team will play every opponent once, on one mr_12 map chosen by veto.
4. For the playoffs, we will be using double elimination BO3 on mr_12. The BO3 format will be applied to both for winners and losers brackets. The amount of teams qualifying for the playoffs is set at 16.
5. In the event of a 12-12 tie in the playoffs, an mr_3 overtime will be used until there is a winner with 4 rounds.
6. A person may only play for one team at the tournament.
7. The LAN will be played 5v5, however teams can ready up with less players in extraordinary circumstances.
8. A team can register 5 players + 1 substitute/manager.
9. Punkbuster must be disabled.
10. TLS3 will be using zPAM 2.07 mod.
11. All other CG standard server settings will apply. Among other things, picmip3 is not allowed.
12. Game servers will be administered with rcon by the teams themselves.
13. In the event of a server crash, play will resume from the score as it stood before the crash and the round it crashed during will be replayed, regardless of the advantage any team had during the round.
14. Teams can't abuse the server rcon, this goes especially for occasions where a timeout could have been called but it was the teams own fault in not doing so, in such cases the team is forbidden to interrupt the live round unless the opponent agrees. The punishment is the loss of one round.
15. TLS3 will be running newly released anti-cheat software TLSAC. Players will have to log into it prior to every match.
16. Proneclipping and MG clipping are dissalowed, even if they do not involve shooting. Each time they occur, the team in question will lose a round.
17. Any behaviour, gameplay wise or other, loopholes or previously known or unknown bugs, things that cannot be covered in this ruleset, can and will be dealt with on a case by case basis at the event location.
18. There is a limit of one shotgun per team, as set by the mod. Using more than one shotgun in a team may result in a round loss or more.
19. There is a limit of one sniper per team, as set by the mod. Using more than one sniper in a team may result in a round loss or more.
20. The previous two rules also apply for situations when picking up an extra sniper rifle. However, the rifle must be used for any actual violation to occur. If teams do not have a shotgun or sniper, but stumble across one from the opponent, they are free to use them, but they cannot select more of these weapons in the next round.
21. There is setup time of a maximum of 30 minutes before a team's first match in their seats. Admins will force teams to ready up for a match if there is any delay. When a team ends one match, they must start another within 10 minutes maximum.
22. There will be two timeouts per map, all given at the start of the map. Tactical timeouts are allowed, but admins can ready teams up if they are intentionally delaying the tournament.
23. There can be no breaks between maps sides in a match. The teams have to switch sides and continue immediatelly. There can be a maximum break of 5 minutes between maps in the playoffs.
24. Substituting a player can be done in between rounds, but we suggest using a timeout first.
25. Spectating is not allowed, the team has to be rejoined immediately.
26. The bomb can be planted to any location around the bombsite as long as it stays defusable. You are also allowed to plant on top of the bomb, except on Carentan bombsite B. The use of 333 fps, nade or boosting is not allowed when you plant a bomb, or anywhere else in the game. Intentionally bugging inside bodies is not allowed. The bug known colloquially as fastshooting or reload fastshooting is forbidden on one shot weapons and will always result into a round loss, even if it does not involve actual firing - it still builds momentum and gives a time advantage.
27. Any types of scripts proven to give a real advantage or are part of not allowed binds/scripts below will not be tolerated and will result in a forfeit loss. Config settings that give a distinct advantage over the opponent may be deamed config abuse and can lead to a forfeit loss depending on severity of claim.
28. Disallowed bind and scripts:
any 'exec' or 'vstr' bind (this does not include anything related to demos or demo players)
any script including 'lookdown'
any bind including 'rate' cannot have a value outside 25000
any bind including 'com_maxfps' cannot have a value below 40 or above 250
any bind including 'attack' cannot be combined with any other command
any bind including 'frag' cannot be combined with other commands/binds
All binds/scripts that are not covered by above not allowed scripts/binds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to see if they do give an advantage.
29. All jumps, which require 250fps are generally allowed, except those that are into areas, which have see-through or other bugs in them (Carentan jump allowed)
30. Players have to use nicknames that are clearly understood and clearly differentiate them from their teammates. For streaming purposes, tags must be located before nicknames.
31. For simplicity's sake and streaming purposes, players should use the nicknames they registered with on LAN.
32. Admins can request a nickname and tag change, when it's appropriate for them to do so, following the above set rules.
33. If there is time for a scheduling exception, we will try and accomodate teams that would otherwise noshow a match.
34. In accordance with the previous rule, we can only accomodate schedule requests for teams that may not make the start of the tournament due to travel arrangements or higher power. Such requests must be made at least a week weeks in advance of the LAN.
35. Any teams that are otherwise not present on time of their scheduled match, will recieve a default loss immediatelly. The maximum waiting time is 5 minutes. It is therefore highly recommended to closely follow the developing schedule and not go too far from the venue when about to play.
36. It's not allowed to abuse, threaten or harm people in any physical or psychological capacity. Any such event will result into an immediate expelling from the venue and tournament. Any racist or otherwise abusive language, both in game and at the venue will also result into an automatic removal from the premises. Excessive taunting can also result into match forfeits and removal from the venue, if the admins decide so.
37. All players must record demos of all matches. Demo requests can be done up to a maximum of 10 minutes after the match and will be reviewed by three least biased admins.
38. You can miss 1 round of a demo, twice a match and only after technical difficulties. zPAM automatically records at map start. Stopping your demo during the match is not allowed, except at map changes.
39. Admins on site have the final call on punishments and any disputes. Admins are also fully responsible about who is present at the venue and can decide to remove any person if they seem appropriate.
40. Before they are allowed to start playing, all the teams will be required to sign an agreement, which will validate the set rules and register liability for potential hardware or other damages at the venue. One representative for each team will have to sign this document.
41. TLS3 reserves the right to broadcast every match.
42. TLS3 reserves the right to use all audio and visual material created at the venue for promotional and marketing purposes. By participating in the tournament, every player agrees to being part of the media coverage.
43. No outside drinks or food are allowed into the venue.
Edited 4 times, last edited 18/3/16 - 12:23am.
1.1 years ago