Login  
z
OP
AU
Rep:
100%
CG Co-Founder
Post Likes: 1
Hello everyone, we've made some major changes to the tournament system and CG Premium.

All users are now able to activate a free 2 week trial of CG Premium at this page:
http://au.cybergamer.com/premium/

More free tournaments will now require CG premium to compete, allowing more tournaments to have prize pools. We'll still have some completely "free" tournaments that don't require CG premium, we'll revisit how many in two weeks given that most users will likely activate premium immediately. Users that already have CG premium (thanks!) are able to add on the free 2 weeks to their existing subscription from the premium page.

All tournaments that don't have an entry fee will now provide their prizes as "Entry Credits". These entry credits are essentially the same as the existing "CG Credits", except they cannot be withdrawn or transferred, they can only be used on entry fees.

All tournaments that have an actual entry fee will not require premium and will continue to award their prize pools as "CG Credits" which can be withdrawn to your bank account/paypal.

We no longer provide a CG premium raffle draw each month, premium tournament prize money now serve this purpose.

Users that multi-account/smurf to obtain "free" cg premium is against our terms and conditions and will result in both accounts being banned and any prize money won being forfeited. We'll monitor how often this happens and may reduce the length of the premium trial for future users if it becomes widespread.

Please check out the upcoming tournaments on this page:
http://au.cybergamer.com/tournaments/

More information about the existing "CG Credits" and the new "Entry Credits" can be found here:
http://au.cybergamer.com/cgcredits/

These changes allow us to provide more prize money and will hopefully result in more tournament activity.

If you have any questions/suggestions or you notice any issues please let me know.
Downvote
1.8 years ago
HR
Rep:
87%
Good job!
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
74%
Freeee Premium wooooooo

Will be getting premium for comps soon anyways
Downvote
1.8 years ago
SI
Rep:
87%
I think the option to obtain a free premium for 2 weeks should be enabled to players having a CoD4 guid added at least since now everyone (example: CoD2 players) can take this free premium access.
Downvote
1.8 years ago
HR
Rep:
68%
premium HYPEEEEE
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AT
Rep:
86%
i am big premium
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
82%
Console Tournament Admin
PS Media Team
Hmm not sure if I like this idea, to me it sort of takes away the privilege and feeling of having premium now :/ I know it's free and only 2 weeks but idk not my favourite update to the system. Plus I liked the raffle, I got my monitor from it

Never the less, good job with the Entry Credits and other features Asterix
Downvote
1.8 years ago
CZ
Rep:
85%
Quote from exzz` on the 19th of September 2015:
I think the option to obtain a free premium for 2 weeks should be enabled to players having a CoD4 guid added at least since now everyone (example: CoD2 players) can take this free premium access.
Lol, this is mainly meant for AU site, not EU. They don't care about CoD I think. Anyway, I totally didn't get the point why CoD4 players could and CoD2 players couldn't have premium.
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Tournaments that include a prize pool will probably be only available for premium users in the coming future. It does make sense to have it, since free users aren't paying for anything, which in theory is adding loss in profit for Cybergamer.
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
80%
Not bad, not bad.
Im so keen for this idea.
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
82%
Good stuff
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 1
I'm gonna wait to use it... I like being the odd one out. I don't play in tournaments anyway, so there isn't really any use for it.

Quote from Asterix on the 19th of September 2015:
We no longer provide a CG premium raffle draw each month, premium tournament prize money now serve this purpose.
So I was like the last one to win it? I feel special
Downvote
1.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
PS Moderator
i have always wanted premium yay
Downvote
1.8 years ago
GB
Rep:
87%
i love having my comments deleted
Downvote
1.8 years ago
FR
Rep:
87%
will this stay in AU site only or after the test period it will be done on EU site aswell ?
not sure that will work well, it's 50/50
Downvote
1.8 years ago

Follow CG On:
Ongoing PC PUGs:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 7 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our May Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1593 Votes