Hello everyone, as per this previous thread
. I have finished building a tournament system:
A couple of initial tournaments have been created for PC CSGO and PS4 CODAW. You are welcome to sign up a team if you are interested. Teams that sign up will need to have a team member "ready up" before the tournament start time. Once the tournament starts each team needs to VETO their map choices immediately, you must have someone viewing the tournament overview page to do this.
CG is providing $100 as prize money for these initial competitions. Please understand that the grand final for these tournaments could easily be starting at mid night if the tournaments fills up to the full 16 teams. Please be patient if there are any issues during these first few tournaments.
It is planned that we will remove the CG monthly prize and replace it with premium only tournaments that have a CG prize pool.
A regular schedule of nightly/weekly tournaments will be created once these initial tournaments are completed. The majority of tournaments will likely require CG premium or have an entry fee.
It is hoped that some games that don't work well in a ladder/league format will be easier to support with this system. Most tournaments will be created 3-5 days in advance so that teams don't have too much time to join and forget.
The tournament system has the following features:
- Tournaments have a "minimum required" teams to proceed, and a maximum allowed teams.
- Entry fees can be paid via card/paypal and CG Credits
- If your team withdraws from the tournament or doesn't qualify, you are refunded to your payment source at the tournament start time.
- Once a tournament completes an admin clicks "confirm" and any prize money/awards are automatically provided.
- All prize money is credited to your CG Credits account where it can be withdrawn to paypal/bank account.
- Players can either apply to an existing team or mark them selves "looking for a team".
- Team captains can add any member on their friends list to their team without requiring the member to accept, non friends must apply to join.
- Match pages are automatically throughout the tournament and users are sent notifications
Threads for specific games will be posted shortly with more game specific information,
Any questions or suggestions are welcome, if you notice any bugs/issues please let me know,
ThanksEdited once, 15/7/15 - 10:44am