PC
Login  
z
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Map mp_frostbite_alpha

Good morning/afternoon fellow CyberGamerz.

As some of you may know im DevilsD, ive been mapping for quite a long time and today I would like to give everyone a first look at my newest project, mp_frostbite. Some might remember me teasing a few screenshots of a very early lighting/style build a few months ago for a then unnamed map i was working on over in the Australian Forums. Those screenshots got some good preliminary feedback and i was really liking how it looked as well so i decided to go ahead with it.

A few months now down the line and ive fleshed out a decent layout ready for everyone's eyes. A few words about my thinking behind the layout before i show you anything.

Many of you i hope have seen my previous work on mp_shantytown and the main thing i wanted to ensure was that this map played completely different, so in contrast this new project is very different. Its about 1/3rd bigger than mp_shantytown and is less enclosed. Im trying to promote AK/Scope overall but with the main points of interest being closer quarters for SMGs.

So without further a due i present to you my early concept layout for mp_frostbite. Do bear in mind that this is in ALPHA and is subject to so much change i shouldnt even need to say this Although im looking for all feedback you have please dont judge it to harshly.

Australian Forum Thread

Screenshots

SPOILER: Click to view

Download

Click Me to download the Map (Alpha)

Final Notes

Yes lots of Snow Ive found that having an over-abundance of snow can really detract from the feel that im wanting so once i get closer to beginning a Detail Build the amount of snow texturing will probably be reduced alot. Dont worry though it will still be a very snow centred map and if it turns out to look better i will add more snow as is required

I hope everyone likes the direction this is going in so far. As usual i welcome any and all feedback/questions or comments good or bad, not only does it help the map grow having the communities input but it also makes me better as a mapper. So please tell me what you think but heed what i said earlier about it being in ALPHA

Thanks guys and dont forget to check back later to not miss any updates in the future.

Contact

Xfire: mattyman174
Email: mattyman174@hotmail.com
Steam: devilsdemon
Downvote
3.8 years ago
CH
Rep:
71%
WOOOOOOOOOW
Incredable, just downloaded it now !
Downvote
3.8 years ago
HU
Rep:
80%
nice stuff there dude
Downvote
3.8 years ago
DE
Rep:
68%
Looks lovely, cant wait!
Downvote
3.8 years ago
DE
Rep:
82%
Nice !!
Downvote
3.8 years ago
DE
Rep:
69%
looks bad
Downvote
3.8 years ago
DE
Rep:
76%
Well, I just ran around for some minutes. Try to get somewhere up and down and noticed a whole lot of bugs. I guess you know that. The snow is definitely too bright aswell.
Also I think it's way too open and bit a too large.
Downvote
3.8 years ago
SE
Rep:
47%
Quote from waynE on the 20th of September 2013:
Well, I just ran around for some minutes. Try to get somewhere up and down and noticed a whole lot of bugs. I guess you know that. The snow is definitely too bright aswell.
Downvote
3.8 years ago
DE
Rep:
35%
SO SICK GOOD JOB mate sry for caps frost
Downvote
3.8 years ago
FR
Rep:
83%
CoD4 PUG Admin
GOOD WORK
Downvote
3.8 years ago
RS
Rep:
82%
GJ!
Downvote
3.8 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%

I did say its in ALPHA so its to be expected....

Thanks for the nice comments guys keep your feedback coming.
Downvote
3.8 years ago
IT
Rep:
37%
Downvote
3.8 years ago
GR
Rep:
33%

this
Downvote
3.8 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Its still very early in development and much will change further into the future. Keep an open mind.
Downvote
3.8 years ago

Follow CG On:
Advertisement:
Current events
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 32 Hours! Congratulations , our May Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1675 Votes